Topics

Top 7

• Egonor - December 3, 2010 7:07 a.m.

No KotOR?
  • nathankurt - November 23, 2010 1:44 a.m.

what about assasins creed
  • EvilInkarnate - July 16, 2010 9:52 a.m.

A Captain Dynamic: When I beat MGS 1 after the ending I just sat the on my bed, staring at the TV repeating "Wow". Bioshock 1 is still my favorite game of all time I think. However, reading the SoTC thing makes me really regret not having played it. reCaptcha: bear President-elect. Sounds like Soviet Russia.
  • gilgamesh310 - July 14, 2010 10:59 a.m.

A brilliant article. Some of my favourite games of all time are on this list. The ending to shadow of the collosus is gut renching, it really does make you feel like a proper evil bastard and regret everything done up to that point. That's why I could never play through the game a second time.
  • Chippie17 - October 26, 2009 7:57 p.m.

Completely saw the Haze one coming
  • Chippie17 - October 26, 2009 7:56 p.m.

Completely saw the Haze one coming
  • Satanshadow94 - May 6, 2009 8:18 a.m.

Come on guy's about the haze one you could have figured this out by whatching the video the only time you are in a futuristic millitary and aren't being munipulated is Halo and look how that worked out for bungie it will be one of the many type's of stories that you want to stab a bunny
  • rezapoc - April 30, 2009 7:24 p.m.

what about half life where you go to xen and are filled in on what evil deed you've done by the g man at the end.
  • ballplayer27 - April 4, 2009 12:40 p.m.

Before anyone else comments: I know I misspelled your. It was a typo, not an actua "misspelling".
  • ballplayer27 - April 4, 2009 12:38 p.m.

As always, awesome article. Problem: Some (many?) of yor readers are, in fact, fratboy douchebags. I am personally a member of a fraternity and I enjoy playing videogames and reading your articles. I know the stereotype that you are talking about, and have met many of them, but I do not think that the majority are like that. Do not get me wrong, I am not going to stop reading your site because I am offended. It is just slightly irritating that we all get cast in that light. Like I said, great article, that was just annoying. Keep up that good work, and if possible, lay off the fratboy stereotype if you can. Thanks, Brad
  • Gotxxrock - March 14, 2009 12:43 a.m.

I almost wanted to weep at the end of Braid. I sat in front of the TV (after playing the game for several hours) for about 10 minutes when it reverted back to the "In Game" title screen, and had no idea what to think. One of those defining moments in life... from a god damn video game no less (not to degrade the value of good old interactive electronic visuals!!)
  • gmilf71 - March 7, 2009 7 a.m.

even in the end of haze. i first felt sorry for poor merino. then when i heard: "do not fear. these emotions, they are just chemical reactions in your head..." and "you worry to much, my friend! they were just animals!" , i was like, oh damn. this guy's evil to. i think that was the real twist.
  • snipes98 - March 6, 2009 8:56 p.m.

Bioshock had a surprising twist but SOTC made you think the most, killing those creatures just got harder and harder...
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - March 6, 2009 8:55 p.m.

We discussed KOTOR in the office, but decided it didn't really fit the concept of the article, which is well-intentioned protagonists (or players, at least) suddenly finding out they'd actually been doing evil the whole time. Meanwhile, KOTOR's big twist (SPOILER ALERT) is about finding out that you were evil before the game even began, and that you've been manipulated into doing the right thing when all along you thought you were... doing the right thing. Again, it doesn't quite fit. As for Crackdown, Assassin's Creed and MK: Deception, those were all considered, but in the end this is a Top 7 and we felt the entries that were included were stronger. Just assume that your favorite is #8.
  • Vallanthaz - March 6, 2009 7:51 p.m.

No KOTOR Darth Revan realization?! Fail! =P
  • speedyrel - March 6, 2009 1:15 a.m.

What about assassins creed?
  • Gilbert_pwns - March 5, 2009 11:36 p.m.

They should have included the story mode in Mortal Kombat Deception. Another one of those twists the big thing is you spend your whole life until you finally realize what youve done.
  • key0blade - March 5, 2009 12:18 p.m.

nice one GR! i didnt realize how evil Braid was...
  • TriLun0r - March 5, 2009 12:42 a.m.

Umm...sorry, but what about Crackdown? It caught me off guard at the end, because I was already killing civilians...didn't think it got worse that. Fine, maybe #8.
  • deadgeeks - March 4, 2009 8:02 p.m.

dude wheres ninja gaiden? and darkwatch? and just for the fun of it why not darth vader?