• pr0tostar - November 1, 2010 11:54 p.m.

Was thinking any boss fights from Shinobi (PS2) or Nightshade woulda been cool for this list. I mean, They're not event battles that are intended to be ended with one action, but a skilled player can charge up a ta-te attack to kill most of the frustratingly long bosses in 1 shot.
  • Rediix - November 1, 2010 11:47 p.m.

The end of rainbow 6 las vegas to has a mighty satisfying bang to it if u have the raging bull on you
  • Grif - November 1, 2010 11:09 p.m.

I love "killing" Father in Bayonetta with the lipstick, it's a feeling of feminist badassery (which doesn't really doesn't exist in real life since a lot of feminist are stereotypical). I guess you could consider killing Jubileus as a one hit kill since you punch her into to the sun (note: I hate Jupiter so much on hard).
  • somthing42 - November 1, 2010 10:56 p.m.

You could kill The End with one shot.
  • Genericpenisjoketista - November 1, 2010 10:36 p.m.

Mysterio from Spiderman 2 and Mundus from Devil May Cry. Both great one hit kills.
  • imtrappedinaninvisiblebox - November 1, 2010 10:29 p.m.

I agree with the many before me, Mysterio deserved at least a bonus entry.
  • Zepaw - November 1, 2010 10:17 p.m.

I have infinite love for Fable 2.
  • lovinmyps3 - November 1, 2010 10:09 p.m.

I agree with number one. Ragtime is one of the best cheats ever btw.
  • FauxFurry - November 1, 2010 9:58 p.m.

I also agree that the encounter with Lucien Fairfax would have made a fine addition to this list were it more than a Top 7 list. True,it was more of the execution of a death sentence,but it is one that can be delivered via a single hit from any weapon or spell in one's repertoire. What other game can one take down a would-be genocidal maniac with designs on demi-godhood by a single bullet to the testicles that sends him careening headlong into a seemingly bottomless abyss while he is in the middle of his standard villain rant? Thinking of villainous rants,Manhunt's snuff film kingpin Lionel Starkweather's one-hit death by chainsaw evisceration wouldn't be out of place on this list,either.
  • TDUBBS - November 1, 2010 9:58 p.m.

Nice list, I would've put the Mysterio boss fight from the Spiderman 2 movie game though. Also... That new video players coming this month, right?
  • Yeager1122 - November 1, 2010 9:22 p.m.

I enjoyed the knife throw more just because of him killing ghost.
  • flare149 - November 1, 2010 9:18 p.m.

Somehow I got extremely lucky in CoD4 in that there was an RPG lying right next to me. I remember being given the option to shoot the pistol, and then seeing the "Hold Sqaure for RPG" and just having the biggest grin on my face.
  • ultimatum7 - November 1, 2010 9:10 p.m.

A lot of people would disagree, but killing the guy at the end of Fable 2 was actually a favorite of mine.
  • TheKidWhoLikesOldGames - November 1, 2010 9:03 p.m.

The Mysterio boss fight from Spider Man 2 should definetly have been on here. Its the first thing I though of when I saw this headline. But as for what Tfish said, he could have been on the list, because the headline is most satisfying One Hit kills, not One Shot.
  • batmanboy11 - November 1, 2010 9:02 p.m.

Good list. CoD 4 deserved to be number 1.
  • NinjaJamez - November 1, 2010 8:50 p.m.

i think the most satifiying one hit kill for me has to be the ones you can perform on Silent Scope .... it was awesome seen that single bullet going trough the skull of your enemy. Also i didnt end the battle with saddler in RE4 with the rocket launcher... i was keeping it for some next boss i never though that was his last transformation
  • Revanofsith - November 1, 2010 8:46 p.m.

I'm with Crabhand, Lucian getting toked mid sentence is pretty legit, even if Reaver did pull the trigger. The rules don't stipulate the player character has to be the one pulling the trigger, as long as the boss dies right?
  • Twizinator - November 1, 2010 8:36 p.m.

For me the knife throw from MW2 was more satisfying, but the end of CoD4 would be close second. Honestly, Sheperd did more to you (the player) personally. I still miss Ghost. Also, what about Amsel from WaW? That was fun.
  • FrozenImplosion - November 1, 2010 8:26 p.m.

Yay, I love singularity! Very nice list guys.
  • Lionzest7 - November 1, 2010 8:07 p.m.

article feels a bit misleading, the only true One Hit KO was SMB. The rest are just cutscene finishers?? The rest seemed like they were just prompts to end the boss with one strike after arduous fighting (with a single hit finisher). I haven't played GTAIV, Singularity, or MW. I personally couldn't tell you if those were either.