• xboxwarriorx - January 3, 2011 7:21 p.m.

oh baby, may fist on the second page! x_x haha cant help but notice that most of these epic fails haha owned are on ps-fail (its called ps3, but may call it ps-fail) x_x for a complete absence of fail, yous knows it must be 360
  • oryandymackie - January 3, 2011 7:10 p.m.

I'm probably way out of line here, but I think Realtime Worlds deserved its fate. Cranking out a lackluster 'sequel' to a game with further creative potential and pouring money into a sub-par MMO? That, RW, is suicide in this financial climate.
  • TheGeek007 - January 3, 2011 6:14 p.m.

I hate to say it, but this Kinect thing seems to be catching on. I deliver pizzas in GA, and I've seen a Kinect in a nice house, and a Kinect in a trailer home. Both times kids were playing it. You don't see Sony's Move anymore. Is Skittles and dancing like a drunken fool caught on more than a light-up dildo? That and Nintendo needs to climb out from under its giant pile of Wii cash and make a new mind-blowing console. Although the 3DS looks cool, but people are playing more games on smartphones. 2010 was wack.
  • justinbanda - January 3, 2011 5:36 p.m.

Oh Lordy, this article made my blood boil just thinking about Activision and Infinity Ward. Great stuff. I especially liked the retro Nintendo ads. Those were the days, eh? If there were a number 8 on this list, it would be Final Fantasy XIV. If Square Enix dies, you can probably blame it on XIV.
  • QWERTYCommander - January 3, 2011 5:32 p.m.

The Tony Hawk series is dead. The Guitar Hero series is dead. The Call Of Duty Series is almost dead. Activision was the first 3rd party company ever. Shame how they came so low. I'm not gonna buy jack shit from that evil Kotick bastard. Also, while Nintendo's ads were pretty bad, there were a few good ones, like Mario Galaxy 2, Red Steel 2, and Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
  • mattrickhoffman - January 3, 2011 5:29 p.m.

The information about the RealID debacle isn't quite accurate. The RealID system itself has nothing to do with revealing your actual name or any other information online. It's just a communication system that lets you talk to friends while playing Blizzard games. The community outrage was centered on the decision to have forum posters post under their real names. Seeing this outrage, Blizzard decided not to go forward with it's planned forum change. RealID, on the other hand, is still very much in use, and is actually a pretty great tool.
  • Clovin64 - January 3, 2011 5:29 p.m.

Hmmm...my original comment didnt post. Anyhoo, that Jedward DQIX ad gave me nightmares for weeks when I first saw it. It even put me off the game for a while.
  • grandinquisitor - January 3, 2011 5:25 p.m.

The new rare logo that "has no soul and wants to eat yours" looks an awful lot like the gamesradar logo. just sayin
  • CaptCOMMANDO - January 3, 2011 5:23 p.m.

Activision? This is all that damn Americhs fault!
  • CH3BURASHKA - January 3, 2011 5:20 p.m.

I'd forgotten about many of these. The biggest disaster in my mind is Rare. Just this year, DKC Returns was released, and was awesome. It makes the realization that Rare's talent has been wasted either by MS's choice or theirs that much more painful (I'm guessing the former). Granted, they've done very well in their newly-found constraints, but that doesn't make it any better. O Rare, I pour one out for thee.
  • GammaGames - January 3, 2011 5:18 p.m.

Black Ops doesn't have UAV's... spy planes yes, but not UAV's. unless I've missed something.
  • bren789123 - January 3, 2011 4:28 p.m.

I never even heared of tony hawk shred until this article
  • Bloodstorm - January 3, 2011 4:01 p.m.

You can't go without mentioning Sony's whole 20 minute (exaggeration) segment in their press conference at E3 to introduce a freakin' ad campaign for the PSP, like anyone actually cared. I want Rare to make another, true innovating sequel, to Viva Pinata, but now I'm just worried it will be a Kinect game. Not that that wouldn't be innovating, just that I'm not buying Kinect. I don't live in a mansion and so I really don't have a place to play standing 6 feet back from my TV.
  • Unoriginal - January 3, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Wow, the last page was ridiculously concise and well written. Well done Mr. Houghton If only more Infinity Ward situations would happen. Activision would have to acctually start inovating and trying again.
  • tareq - January 3, 2011 3:07 p.m.

Great article guys
  • Ilyere - January 3, 2011 3:05 p.m.

Nintendo's recent adverts have been awful. These celebrities don't enjoy gaming at all! Especially the Jedward DQIX ad... Actually, I'm writing an essay on casual gaming, so this could be helpful, haha. Could be, that is...
  • Overlord153 - January 3, 2011 2:40 p.m.

I knew i should have bought Blur but Split/Second looked too good. @Ultima he saying that the plumber should stick to plumbing like Bizarre creations should stick to making racing games.
  • JordanScudder - January 3, 2011 2:19 p.m.

It's nice to know, that with all the never-ending fan boy arguments, and which console/developer/game is best, all gamers can still be brought together by such a thing, as a universal hatred for Bobby Kotick. Delicious.
  • Ultima - January 3, 2011 1:54 p.m.

I still cant quite figure out what you are trying to say but well done for shoehorning some of Chris Morris' work into an article!
  • Ultima - January 3, 2011 1:53 p.m.

JAAAAAAAAAAM