Topics

Top 7

• squad441 - April 11, 2009 5:02 p.m.

wow
  • ballplayer27 - April 4, 2009 12:17 p.m.

Just sent this to the news station that ran the "Islam is the Light article": To Whom it May Concern - Your recent story on the "racist baby doll/video game for DS" brought some attention to your station. As good as this may seem for you - news is a business focused on drawing attention, after all - most of that attention was negative. The general populace may be willing to accept your stories as fact - even when the facts are stretched beyond their breaking point - but gamers tend to be somewhat more sophisticated. We do not like random people who have no idea what they are talking about bashing our favorite pastime. We especially do not like it when it is a bleach blonde reporter who gets paid to use her sex appeal on dumb male audiences. Your recent piece on the Nintendo DS game and its message: "Islam is the light", is as racist and ridiculous as the original story was. It also happens to feature one of the bleach blonde reporters that I previously mentioned. I have two pieces of advice for you: Try to be original in your work (i.e. do not bash video games for influencing violence, run a piece on terrible parenting making children not understand the difference between games and real-life instead) and play the game, talk to the producer and figure out what is actually going on before you decide to run the story. Both of the pieces of advice should help improve your ratings and decrease the likelihood of overzealous mothers boycotting products that do not deserve it in the future. Thank you for your time, Brad G... and all lot of other people who are sick of shoddy reporting
  • ballplayer27 - April 4, 2009 11:44 a.m.

hold on, hold on! That baby said somethign that may have almost sounded like she was a terrorist! Almost...may...be... nope... not at all... BUT STILL!!!! My daughter is 12 g**d*** it... she can't here anyone but my redneck ass say ridiculous bullsh**. Games radar, you take that offensive video down right now or we will crusade/jihad/other ridiculour reason to have a war based on religous beliefs all over your behinds... (cuz we can't say asses)
  • lovinmyps3 - March 31, 2009 10:25 p.m.

holy shit that "islam is the light" part is sooo effing RACIST!!! you think we would be freaking out if a game said "christianity is the right" no we wouldn't racist, racist, racist!!!
  • ksquared - March 31, 2009 3:49 a.m.

I guess the pundits have never watched Tom and Jerry. By far the MOST violent cartoon to date. Also pepe le pew? stalker and rapist.
  • pikachu2000 - March 31, 2009 12:10 a.m.

I was woundering, have any of these idoits ever play the damn game that they are trying to make a mess of. These bastards won't even make it past the 1st level.
  • jiveyjosh - March 30, 2009 5:38 p.m.

i can actually understand a parents cripe with the GTA games... but they have ratings just like anything else which makes it the parents responsibility. there is no way id let my son play that until he was about 16. that said, the spot about mass effect was just absurd and actually infuriated me. these idiots really dont kno what they're talking about yet they could potentially deter the sales of one of the most amazing video games ever.
  • Octaviux - March 29, 2009 3:22 p.m.

That Dumb blonde with the mass effect story........ wtf
  • Jman409 - March 28, 2009 7:16 p.m.

First off I see Thompson's argument. Second a special letter to Jack, fuck off, seriously play the game before you condemn it to a child killing, wife beating, sex craving, homicide causing, anger ridden hell! P.S. I know this kinda contradicts my point but wouldn't it be a little funny in a sick way if Thompson was killed by someone who never played a video game in their life and hated all video games?
  • Darkdraak21 - March 27, 2009 10:04 p.m.

Oh my God, this guy talking about Counter Strike is such a fucking retard he's like "Oh Yeah this game teaches you how to kill," uhhhh ok buddy that's like saying pac man teaches you to eat little balls and ghosts. That is basically what he is saying.
  • TyeTheCzar - March 27, 2009 5:07 p.m.

Here's an idea to potentially stop the flow of mainstream media's (Not Just Fox "News" http://www.stopbigmedia.com/) misinformation, libel, spin and slander: Fairness Doctrine. And please don't say it was unconstitutional because Ronald "Guy Who Raped America While She Was Made Drunk In The 80s" Reagan got rid of it. The Fairness Doctrine makes sure each side gets its chance to tell different sides of the story, potentially killing bad journalism as seen above.
  • skullmazter - March 27, 2009 3:05 p.m.

Sheesh... They think kids are stupid, and gamers play games to kill and have sex. When i was little my parents laughed at this.
  • key0blade - March 27, 2009 11:25 a.m.

lol the woman with the baby stuff is a total attention whore
  • DawgsFan117 - March 26, 2009 4:10 a.m.

Look I feel that video games do the opposite of what they are accused of. During the day I go through things that make me want to beat the hell out of stupid people(for instance reading this article). Then I play COD4, kill some dicks and then go play beerpong with some friends(college is amazing). Movies seem worse to me. You know after you watch a truly great action movie you come out just wanten to beat the fuck out of somebody lol.
  • mEgAzD - March 26, 2009 1:29 a.m.

well tell this to soccer moms "FUCK THE CHILDREN!"
  • Cwf2008 - March 26, 2009 1:18 a.m.

Ya because seeing violent scenes of war on the news is nowhere near as bad as seeing fake violence in a videogame. Seriously with the war in Iraq in what...its 6th year already, the economy in the crapper, and millions still sneaking into the US for some unknown reason, idiot media people keep attacking videogames. I would seriously love to pound the crap out of those ignorant idiots, until they got it into their thick skull that nothing is wrong with videogames...scratch that i'll just send them pissed off messages
  • Smiffy99 - March 26, 2009 1:16 a.m.

And these guys are getting mad at us. Honestly, when was the last time a media man told you something after getting the facts?
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - March 25, 2009 10:40 p.m.

@Beery: All good points. I think it's a mistake to assume this is purely a generational thing, mainly because I've met lots of people in their 20s who haven't played games since they were kids and are just as disdainful and suspicious of them as the pundits I've criticized here. I also know a few in their 40s, 50s and 60s who are avid gamers. Maybe the margin's getting smaller, but I don't think misconceptions about games are going to just go away in the near future.
  • omally226 - March 25, 2009 10:35 p.m.

Wow, really, Jack Thompson? the kid was TRAINING IN A HYPER-REALITY simulator??? wtf, maybe he was already crazy, because believe it or not, pople can be crazy without playing video games, it has happened, the dude on the greyhound bus cut off a dudes head and ate most of it...he didn't play lots of video games...
  • Scotch - March 25, 2009 9:08 p.m.

dude i cant WAIT to hear about this on the podcast holy shit!