• MattK - December 21, 2010 4:15 a.m.

As much as you knock Kinect for being on the list, it's funny that there's no PS Move, which seems to have dropped off the radar so fast I barely see it spoken about, yet I see articles all the time about "Potential for Kinect", "Hacking the Kinect", "Kinect This", "Kinect That!" And yet, soon after the Kinect came out...Move got pushed out of the way. Seems like if a kid was hoping for Kinect and got Move instead right now, THAT'D be more disappointing.
  • shnazzyone - December 21, 2010 4:06 a.m.

Lol, well done sir!
  • DMarten - December 21, 2010 3:52 a.m.

I actually got my cousin Blur for christmas. Sucks to be her I guess.
  • cyclone306 - December 21, 2010 3:49 a.m.

hilarious. POKER FACE.
  • AlpineGuy - December 21, 2010 3:44 a.m.

Tyler, Tyler, Tyler... You simply had too much fun with those Blood Stone pics. Good news is that I did too.
  • ssj4raditz - December 21, 2010 3:29 a.m.

Oh God, the Blood Stone entry is the greatest thing. I love you, Tyler, you nutter!
  • KnightDehumidifier - December 21, 2010 3:26 a.m.

I think Quantum Theory deserves a special mention. It is a game that makes people may think about getting because it's dark and brooding and filled with guns, when it's actually a game fashioned out of feces and meat.
  • PushesPaperInACircle - December 21, 2010 2:53 a.m.

Tyler, are we comparing this with other gifts, or just the games we got as gifts? If I was given Alan Wake instead of (blender/sweater/socks) my response would be "Wow, someone made an effort to get me a game, and one that's pretty ok". Relationships also are a key factor. If my parents and brother (zero to limited gaming experience) game me Alan Wake, my response would remain consistent. If my girlfriend or best friend (moderate to extensive gaming experience) got me Alan Wake, the internal thought would be: "We spend that much time together, and you didn't pick up on my hunger for Red Dead Redemption? Maybe you don't know me at all."
  • screwball08247 - December 21, 2010 2:52 a.m.

But Tyler, how could you? Power Gig: Rise of the SixString is one of my favorite games EVER!
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 21, 2010 2:36 a.m.

I wouldn't mind getting alot of these, but this article still made me lol. Last year my grandmother got me high school musical 2, because the clerk said its popular. when i find that clerk...
  • kachigop - December 21, 2010 2:32 a.m.

I enjoyed the Blood Stone subtitle shenanigans.
  • Geekahertx - December 21, 2010 2:15 a.m.

How can you say Kinect is something no one should get for Xmas. I have a small living room and do not have a problem at all playing games with it. I have friends that play Kinect in other rooms other then a living room. The small living room excuse is so old.
  • moan4stalone - December 21, 2010 2:07 a.m.

Medal of Honor multiplayer was so boring it reminded me of original xbox online shooters like pariah.
  • Zeb364 - December 21, 2010 1:23 a.m.

I don't think Blur belongs on this list but I loved the article. The whole thing is funny but that Blood Stone bit had me struggling to keep down my laughter so that I wouldn't get got slacking at work.
  • Yeager1122 - December 21, 2010 1:19 a.m.

Diasgree with blur only that game was great and anyone that likes racing games should get it.
  • n00b - December 21, 2010 12:45 a.m.

what? i would be happy to get blur any day over gt5 or hot pursuit you know why. its not a boring sim and its got 4 player split screen. eat that criterion.
  • KielbasaNinja - December 21, 2010 12:41 a.m.

This article had me rolling. Looking forward to the podcast discussion.
  • Crabhand - December 20, 2010 11:41 p.m.

Fascinating article as always, Mr. Wylde. It must have taken you minutes to compile such an elaborate list.
  • HumorTumor - December 20, 2010 11:34 p.m.

That Blood Stone bit was hilarious. But Alan Wake was a damn good game, if I got it I would have been very happy.
  • Twizinator - December 20, 2010 11:28 p.m.

the moment I saw trollface I knew this article would be funny. I was rite. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU