Topics

Top 7

• miked00d - July 4, 2011 7:12 p.m.

Second I saw this headline,I knew Metal Wolf Chaos would be #1. SUCK ON MY MISSILE PUNCH.
  • TopNewt - July 4, 2011 7:17 p.m.

Star Trek First Contact Reference !!!!!!!
  • Sjoeki - July 4, 2011 7:29 p.m.

This article makes me want to watch team america world police again
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 4, 2011 7:33 p.m.

I can see why Fallout 3 wasn't on here, since you don't actually fight in a war, you just see the aftermath of it. Still though, when I heard Games that kicked America's ass, the first thing that came to mind was the Washington D.C. wasteland.
  • Jordo141 - July 4, 2011 7:48 p.m.

Fuckin Metal Wolf Fuckin Chaos! 'merica! Fuck Yea!
  • Darkwun - July 4, 2011 8:24 p.m.

america has never been invaded... apart from several times in history where europeans came over and wiped out the local inhabitants lol great top 7 though :D playing kane and lynch makes me pissed off the time wasnt spent to make a sequel to freedom fighters :'(
  • TyrannosaurusTexMex - July 4, 2011 8:28 p.m.

Was there ever a game when your team lost in the end?
  • link785 - July 4, 2011 8:35 p.m.

How is Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 not on this list? Full scale Soviet invasion, Lady Liberty gets smashed, Chicago gets nuked..
  • ssj4raditz - July 4, 2011 8:48 p.m.

RICHAAAAAAARD!
  • KaMi - July 4, 2011 9:34 p.m.

Interesting article indeed (Hell Yeah! Freedom Fighters!!! Gotta play this again!) But to me the question occured why america is so damn paranoid about being attacked and invaded? Is it because it didn't happen before? Is it some sort of collective, unconcious guilt for having devastated so many other countries? Why is america so paranoid in general??? THAT would make for an interesting article!
  • HamsterGutz - July 4, 2011 9:50 p.m.

Freedom Fighters was such a great game.
  • kyle94 - July 4, 2011 10:08 p.m.

@Darkwun: Japanese forces invaded American territories and even staged a minor invasion of Alaskan islands during WW2. And if you don't count territories, then during the War of 1812, British forces invaded Washington DC and burnt down the White House. @KaMi: The last time a major war happened on American soil primarily was the Civil war back in the 1860s. Every war after that never touched the US mainland with the exception of World War 2, and even then it was a handful of bombs from unmanned Japanese balloons over the West Coast that injured half a dozen people. So, since we haven't had a war or invasion on the Mainland for generations, game developers (and movie makers and book writers) like to stage invasions and wars on American soil to serve as a kind of shocking and emotional pull to Americans. (For example, off of the top my head, there has been the 7 games here, plus Modern Warfare 2, Red Alert 2, Shattered Union [which was a strategy game based around a 2nd Civil War], etc.)
  • FauxFurry - July 5, 2011 12:53 a.m.

I expected to see Rampage on the list, but I can see why it isn't there. You all just plum forgot it, being generally forgettable as it is and all. The same holds true for Destroy All Humans, really.
  • LordZarlon - July 5, 2011 2:20 a.m.

We, the USA, are the Muther Fuckin Shit! Go Chris Antista! He is America, and Brett Elstin too!
  • Gameguy94 - July 5, 2011 3:13 a.m.

What about Fallout. Granted the Chines didn't exactly invade, but getting the Nuked right the fuck up should count. I mean in Fallout 3 the White House is a crater with the Capitol Building occupied by genetically altered humans.
  • Yeager1122 - July 5, 2011 4:13 a.m.

Agreeing with several other peolpe in that fallout 3 would have been a good adttion not that these werent all great choices but America defintley got fucked up in that.
  • Dman3981 - July 5, 2011 4:45 a.m.

"Despite being involved in dozens of wars over its 200 years of life, America has never had to suffer a true invasion. Why, the very thought! Who could amass an army so massive or execute a plan so flawlessly that the entire US of A would know defeat?" Must we keep forgetting about the War of 1812? Is that not considered a real invasion, I mean your White house was set on fire.
  • Robusken - July 5, 2011 7:56 a.m.

Still want to play Metal Wolf Chaos one of these days. The idea itself just seems so badass.
  • JachAnen - July 5, 2011 8:07 a.m.

How about Red Alert 2 or/and 3?? Other than that, great list. And I'm hoping they'll make another Freedom Fighters game.
  • CitizenWolfie - July 5, 2011 8:29 a.m.

"America has never had to suffer a true invasion. Why, the very thought! Who could amass an army so massive or execute a plan so flawlessly that the entire US of A would know defeat?" I think I speak for all Brits when I say we're just biding our time...