• Arix - January 18, 2011 7:17 a.m.

As a massive Magic design snob I could really pick these apart, but instead I'm going to not be a jerk and just enjoy your work. Good show.
  • razorwiretensho - January 18, 2011 7:03 a.m.

@SonidZero And I can't believe that out of all of that win, you pick out the smallest stupid detail and then comment on it. /facepalm
  • SonidZero - January 18, 2011 6:51 a.m.

He did SUCH a bad job on the wording, I can't believe he put so much work into the set and got the wording wrong on almost every card
  • Crabhand - January 18, 2011 5:45 a.m.

You did a very good job on these cards, KREATIVEassassin. I really like the headshot mechanic.
  • ssj4raditz - January 18, 2011 2:47 a.m.

These are totally WIN! I'm not as deep in to Magic as I used to be, but I enjoyed seeing all these a bunch. I really hope KA keeps doing this stuff. Please consider more Magic-game crossover sets, you've done an amazing job so far!
  • Pry0citer - January 18, 2011 2:38 a.m.

• KREATIVEassassin - January 18, 2011 12:53 a.m.

Hello, everybody. I hope everyone enjoys this Zelda 2 Magic expansion on some level. Anyone who is a fan of both hopefully will get a kick out of it. If anyone has any questions about why something is the way it is or just questions in general, I would happily explain. I see that catmurderer is a bit put off by the Planeswalker. Maybe I should explain why he does what he does. The giving Shade tokens to your opponent represents how he "tests" you. He must see if you're worthy enough to claim the Triforce, so to gain loyalty counters, you have to pass the test he lays before you. Can you deal with the shadows and prove your worth? It's a drawback, yes, but I felt it had great flavor behind it. The second ability is obviously a take on him making a shadow copy of Link in the game. The third ability of giving all your creatures protection from the color of your choice represents finally obtaining the Triforce. The Triforce in Zelda 2 is the Triforce of Courage. This is represented by your creatures gaining protection from a color, or in other words, gaining courage to face your opponent's creatures and spells without fear of being destroyed. Maybe that explains why he does what he does a little better. Or maybe not. Maybe you just don't like the card! Which is of course very possible. Take care, everyone.
  • hatebreeder - January 17, 2011 11:55 p.m.

KREATIVEassassin is a master, always has been always will be. What have I gotta do to get on the homepage like this! Do a fanart feature XD
  • AngryPumpkin - January 17, 2011 11:31 p.m.

hahahaha, I'd love to get some of these cards for my magic deck :D
  • EnragedTortoise1 - January 17, 2011 10:57 p.m.

That's.... f*cking amazing!
  • catmurderer - January 17, 2011 10:28 p.m.

I can't believe how competent all the cards are. The only card I dislike is the planeswalker, primarily because of his first ability and his ultimate. Some good references to Voltaic Key and a few others... all in all very well made.
  • CaptainSalmon - January 17, 2011 9:54 p.m.

Having not played either, I'm just revelling in the absolute nerdiness of this. It's beautiful. Awesome work KREATIVEassassin, now I just want to see a Resident Evil 1 one. Not sure why, just think it'll be awesome.
  • Turbobison - January 17, 2011 9:43 p.m.

So, this officially got me back into MTG. I would love that deck SO MUCH!
  • skeletalbutton - January 17, 2011 9:41 p.m.

Kinda makes me wish I had time for things other than videogames... But not really.
  • BlitzIzDaShitz - January 17, 2011 9:39 p.m.

Nice job, one time I made yugioh cards with god of war characters and stuff :D
  • MetalGearFlaccid - January 17, 2011 9:25 p.m.

"Headshot" seems like a pain in the ass to fight, especially if you're like me and depend on "Infect" to win the day, but I could see building a deck around it if I was the guy using it
  • Nap1400 - January 17, 2011 9:21 p.m.

Oh, the memories of Error... I don't play Magic, but these are pretty good.