We Recommend

• TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:07 a.m.

110
  • TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:07 a.m.

111
  • TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:07 a.m.

112
  • TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:07 a.m.

113
  • TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:05 a.m.

118
  • TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:05 a.m.

120
  • TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:05 a.m.

121
  • TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:04 a.m.

124 more to go
  • TURbo - July 25, 2009 12:03 a.m.

post 200 here I come
  • civver - July 24, 2009 11:09 p.m.

Very good, interesting article. Dugg. Too bad I don't care (and still don't care) for some of the games here. Adding COD4 was a bit of a stretch for me. Both of it techniques weren't really that original. It's good, but not really influential.
  • Johnny6Gun - July 24, 2009 10:58 p.m.

A wonderful article. You have gone above and beyond, sir. Also, who shall be the 200th commenter?
  • Defguru7777 - July 24, 2009 10:21 p.m.

Isn't it kind of obvious that COD4 inspired WaW? They're sequels. I also don't think COD 4 should be on this list, and yes I did play through it. And I loved it. But I just think its too soon to see if it had an impact. About three years is appropriate I think. That's just my opinion.
  • MacGyver1138 - July 24, 2009 9:53 p.m.

I would add one to the list: Goldeneye for the N64. Like many on your list, it wasn't the first of its kind, but it did revolutionize FPS games on the consoles and proved they could be done well, which paved the way for Halo, Resistance, COD, a million other console shooters, etc.
  • SausageLozenge - July 24, 2009 8:21 p.m.

@Sabtos Just because you don't like something doesn't make it shit. As a mature adult I have the ability to not like something and still respect it for what it does. I don't really care for JRPGs but I don't say they're shit.
  • afroninjakatana - July 24, 2009 7:16 p.m.

Great article especially about the part about COD4. Keep up the good work.XD
  • Nightfall5 - July 24, 2009 6:55 p.m.

How did GTA 3 influence Oblivion? Not only was Morrowind already far into development, Daggerfall was around many years before GTA 3, which was open-ended. The Elder Scrolls series was influenced by Dungeons and Dragons, as Tamriel was actually a DnD setting created by some of the creators of the game. And how would Call of Duty 4 be in there? It influenced 4 games, one of which is part of the Call of Duty franchise. I don't mean to come off as an asshole, I just really hate the praise that Call of Duty 4 gets. Sure, it had RPG elements, but it's another FPS with a few innovations.
  • oryandymackie - July 24, 2009 6:43 p.m.

No BioShock, no cliche...
  • oldgrammastinkyfeet - July 24, 2009 5 p.m.

Sabtos: Halo is a console shooter. So is CoD. Even though the PC has it's CoD, the Console has that too. I have a PC that can play Crysis, but I don't play any games on it. I play my console on my couch, and I play with my freinds when they come over. It is just that the PC is solitaire and "addicting", but I have a life. So you can think that but console gamers like consoles, PC gamers like PC's. P.S. Halo is a great game.
  • Conman93 - July 24, 2009 4:58 p.m.

meant to put a '?' at the end
  • Conman93 - July 24, 2009 4:57 p.m.

Zelda Mario Resi and metal gear solid are all very Citizen Kaney. No shadow of the colossus