• RedOutlive10 - February 15, 2009 4:37 a.m.

What about Gordon Freeman? Screws up a lab experiment, bringing doom to earth, having to leave an alien-filled facility, just to find USA marines at the surface ready to kill him for witnessing the events, add BlackOps assassins to the list, having to travel to the aliens' planet to clear the threat all by himself. At the end, you're threatened by some guy who claims he's from the government: work for him or die, nothing better than free will! As for HL2, your arrival just ticks the whole new threat of an alien with the desire of dominating earth, they start hunting the few civilians willing to form a resistance in the sewers. Side note: every place you go, you bring the new threat with you which means every allied human is going to die because you were followed. This includes the main secret bunker of the resistance. Worst of all, while having to survive against all odds, there's this self proclaimed government man peeking at you all the time, or just passing by in a creepy omnipresent way.
  • lolerz - February 15, 2009 5:55 a.m.

lol puchout is soooo old
  • Schlondak - February 15, 2009 6:46 p.m.

Johnathan in MPO is different than Johnny in MGS3. You can even unlock MGS3 Johnny in MPO+, proving that they are different.
  • nguy123 - February 16, 2009 2:30 a.m.

Carmine(s) is/are my favorite gears character(s). Poor guy(s)
  • TheWebSwinger - February 16, 2009 9:19 p.m.

Poor Frank Carmine. Kicked in the balls...TO DEATH.
  • Mystery514 - February 17, 2009 1:45 a.m.

Nice Carmine Section!
  • PreyingMantis - February 17, 2009 3:03 a.m.

i lol at unlucky bastards
  • Sly_Fox - February 17, 2009 6:24 a.m.

William Carmine: Rolled up in a Katamari ball, sent to orbit Pluto omg i cant stop laughing
  • Scott1121 - February 19, 2009 1:02 a.m.

I thought I was gonna die laughing reading that Carmine part lol
  • BamaManDrew - February 24, 2009 9:10 a.m.

Haha princess peach did suck at life
  • 13obby - February 27, 2009 8:43 p.m.

Jeremy Carmine: falls into volcano willingly
  • linkganon - April 4, 2009 5:03 a.m.

poor johnny, has bad luck following him wherever he goes. and poor otacon, he pissed himself in his first appearance and all the people he has ever loved have died. those two diserve to be here.
  • ARCHANGEL309 - April 13, 2012 7:34 p.m.

"I, I'm a ten year vet." Akiba!
  • FinalGamer - July 31, 2009 4:33 p.m.

I HATED INCREDIBLE CRISIS. GODDAMNIT TANEO.
  • robotdickens - April 13, 2012 6:45 p.m.

I didn't think any Carmine death was funny. It's kinda like in a cop movie when a cop is finally retiring and you know he's going to die. You start screaming at the movie expecting him to die and then they just finally kill him. It's not funny, but expected.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - April 13, 2012 6:50 p.m.

i'll miss you mikel raparaz carmine *goes to p tom, never seen again
  • ninjaemperor - April 13, 2012 6:53 p.m.

Mikel, you're going to be sorely missed. Your writing is amazing, and you were always a huge part of GR's personality. Thank you for all you've done for this website, and this community. Also, can you please start showing up on laser time again?! We miss you!
  • ThundaGawd - April 13, 2012 7:54 p.m.

God dammit, that carmine section had me in tears, and worst of all, I was on Xfire at the time, my friends thought I was legitimately dying XD But on a sidenote, these articles are exactly why you'll be missed, It'll never be the same without you D:
  • talleyXIV - April 13, 2012 8:02 p.m.

I thought you were going to forget Carmine when I was about done, nice article. One mistake I think I noticed in the GOW section: Hades is the god of the Underworld not a place, the Underworld is where the River Styx is. P.S. Pikmin are pretty unlucky too.
  • reaperman22 - April 13, 2012 10:03 p.m.

Hades is the god but the name is also used to name the underworld, also the boat captain was mentioned in GOWIII in one of the letters scattered around the underworld