Topics

TGS 2011

• megaklok - September 13, 2011 8:47 a.m.

This game looks so awesome. I can't wait untill it comes out. I have to say though that I know this is a supposed to play with the Wiimote and nunchuk but I wish they can let you choose which type of controller you can play with. I might prefer to play this with a gamecube controller.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - September 13, 2011 7:19 a.m.

I couldn't sleep last night after watching this. Now I'm in genetics class, and I'm paying for it. Damn you Nintendo,you know exactly how to make me obsess over a game. DAMN YOU
  • MattOfSteel - September 13, 2011 6:57 a.m.

Looks like my launch day Wii is going out in a blaze of glory.
  • CitizenWolfie - September 13, 2011 6:47 a.m.

GR has been saying for a while how Twilight Princess is the Ocarina of Time of this generation. I think that with this news Skyward Sword may become the true successor to OoT... I loved Wind Waker because it was so different and I'm happy to say this has gone right back onto my essential buys list for the autumn. My only concern is that with climbable bosses the motion controls will be too clunky to be useful. Shadow of the Colossus worked so well because the control scheme was built first and foremost around the Colossi and climbing up them. I'm assuming Link's movements are primarily concerned with sword fighting and using the items more than climbing a moving creature?
  • samsneeze - September 13, 2011 6:07 a.m.

As big as "meh" a Zelda title is to me, I must say, this does look like it'll be pretty good.
  • planetheads - September 13, 2011 5:08 a.m.

from this video,i believe the wii-mote plus will work very well,and will not actually be a gimmick.it will actually make the game a whole lot fun.
  • planetheads - September 13, 2011 5:04 a.m.

as much as the core mechanics doesnt change(find a dungeon,get a weapon in that dungeon,use that weapon to kill d boss in that dungeon),zelda games try to make every dungeon,weapon,boss and exploration enjoyable enough,look at windwaker to TWilightprincess.exploration felt different(WW:sail,TP:horse).atmosphere felt different(WW:amazing looking cartoon,TP:lord of the rings look).not games like god of war.that feels the same in every release they bring out.
  • Mooshon - September 13, 2011 5:03 a.m.

Does look like a great version of the same Zelda game I've played 10 times. Wind fish boss?
  • shawksta - September 13, 2011 4:52 a.m.

DAMN, Its getting Better and Better! LOL Its that Blimp item shop guy! Giant bosses? AWESOME! This is SERIOUSLY Looking to be good!
  • EiGrOn - September 13, 2011 4:52 a.m.

The game is looking pretty nice, I'm liking it and a lot. And also planettheads your a fag.
  • robbiejc85 - September 13, 2011 4:52 a.m.

That looks epic. Having only come to Nintendo through the Wii, and never really gotten into Zelda before, this just seems to offer the adventure, world, combat, puzzling and exploration fix I've not had since Metroid Prime 3 (well, on the Wii anyway). I just hope the motion+ is sensitive enough that I can play it sitting down!
  • planetheads - September 13, 2011 4:49 a.m.

FIRST!hahahahaha
  • Squander - September 13, 2011 4:49 a.m.

wow, I really like what i am seeing here!! And still, this should not be a wii-game. It looks already pretty good but a little bit more polished and in HD and this could be a Wii-U killer start-title
  • shawksta - September 13, 2011 4:53 a.m.

It does, and thats whats great, The wii is really giving itself the icing on the cake by releasing the best games it can do, and if something as Awesome as Skyward sword is on the Wii, Who knows what on store for the Wii U!