Topics

TGS 2011

• craigun - September 14, 2011 4:56 a.m.

Ok, now we need 7,8,9 and 12!
  • mothbanquet - September 14, 2011 7:17 a.m.

7, 8 and 9 are available on PSN for very reasonable prices - and HDD space! ^ ^
  • NightCrawler_358 - September 14, 2011 4:36 a.m.

I love FFX, its gotta be one of my all time favourites. I literally jumped out of my seat and cheered at a cutscene! I just hope that SE aren't overloading themselves what with FFVersusXIII, XV, and of course- Kingdom Hearts 3. I'd like them to finish their new games before remaking oldies-heres lookin at you VII!
  • adamske - September 14, 2011 3:16 a.m.

finally!!! favourite of the series
  • Shadow Of Death - September 14, 2011 1:58 a.m.

I'll probably get this, assuming it comes with more content than the version I have on my PS2. I don't have the International version, so I do imagine they'll be using that version to make the HD version. I do hope for more content than that though.
  • Vordhosbn - September 14, 2011 1:36 a.m.

You know how when you think back to old games, you always remember them as having better graphics/animation than they actually did? It's been so long since I played FFX that when I imagine it, it doesn't look much worse than current gen titles. I'm sure I'd be proven wrong if I actually played it again on PS2, but going straight to a HD Vita version I don't think it would be that impressive. Still, was a decent entry in the series (before X1 & XII started the downward spiral), so it'll be good for a few more people to get the chance to enjoy it.
  • SirNinja - September 14, 2011 12:38 a.m.

Do want, especially if it comes with all the goodies in the International version (i.e., the Dark Aeons and Penance).
  • Valntyne - September 14, 2011 12:36 a.m.

I'm very ok with this.
  • Corsair89 - September 14, 2011 12:12 a.m.

Seeing that FFX is not only my favorite FF game, but one of my favorite games ever, saying that I am excited is a bit of an understatement.
  • paganpoet - September 13, 2011 11:33 p.m.

UGH, why does SE hate me so? I don't care about FFX, nor do I care about FFVII. I want to know when the FFVI remake featuring Amano styled cel-shaded graphics is coming out. Terra and Celes > Cloud > Tidus FACT
  • electrofreeze - September 14, 2011 3:14 a.m.

Ahh yes, that would be awesome! I always loved VI the most.
  • paganpoet - September 14, 2011 3:39 p.m.

You and I, sir, have impeccable taste. The rest of them? SWINE, all of them! Actually, I think the gamesradar staff is generally pretty supportive of the "FFVI > ur faves" mindset, so they're cool too.
  • Wryce - September 15, 2011 5:43 a.m.

Well, they should be. VI is the best.
  • TheGreatWeskby - September 13, 2011 11:32 p.m.

Awesome. I shall play it again and enjoy it very much.
  • pin316 - September 13, 2011 11:16 p.m.

Awesome-sauce(or rather, saucesome) X was a brilliant game. After 7 I enjoyed both 8 and 9 to varying degrees, but could never be motivated enough to try and go 100% with all the sidequests and everything. X brought that all back - The ultimate weapon quests had variation and didn't feel at any point like i was doing it just for the sake of it (apart from Lulu's 'dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row', which really got on my t*ts after a couple of momentary lapses at around the 150 mark!). On top of that there were so many other awesome features: - the quests for the additional/dark Aeons - the sphere grid (Black Mage Kimahri owns) - the sheer badassaery of Auron Can. Not. Wait. recaptcha: 'iclowns' - apple really are doing everything!
  • nathstyles - September 14, 2011 1:53 a.m.

Why remind me of the lightning. The horrible, horrible lightning!
  • pin316 - September 14, 2011 4:14 a.m.

sorry - pretty much the only strong negative memory I have of the game is that stupid lightning... shameful to say, i got the 200 dodoges thing from a faq - i figured it would give you something col anyway, but only went up to 100. eventually when was still looking for lulu's crest/sigil i gave in and looked it up. i really couldn't write down the words that went through my head when i saw 200!
  • cubine - September 13, 2011 11:09 p.m.

X is still a beautiful game to this day due to its art design and color palette alone, so the HD treatment will do wonders for it. I'm excited, this may have made my choice between 3DS and Vita.
  • liadz - September 13, 2011 11:02 p.m.

X > VII Even though it is a bit too linear for my taste. I feel that one of the main objectives of mankind is to remake FF VI, and when this achievement is done, on that day, Japan will just sink into the sea and the world will be ripped asunder. Still, there remains the greatest challenge: how to make the opera scene so epic as it was in the SNES with all its hardware limitation, avoiding the roads that lead to the absolute Eyes On Me-cheesiness.
  • Craza - September 13, 2011 10:44 p.m.

But why 10? That one was so...ugh...
  • yoshiking - September 13, 2011 10:55 p.m.

Do Tidus' abs intimidate you? Yup, totally the abs.