Topics

TGS 2011

• DeathbyFira - September 14, 2011 1:37 p.m.

that sounds awesome and why are people hating on 10 was it the story didn't make any sense dude that battle system ruled and who doesn't want to play blitz ball in HD lol but anyway cough cough wheres MY REMAKE FOR 7,8 and 9 gonna come in also ^^
  • robert-marshall - September 14, 2011 1:22 p.m.

Damnit why are the giving the worst final fantasy HD
  • Zeos - September 14, 2011 1:19 p.m.

Sounds awesome to me because I really enjoyed Final Fantasy X.
  • Tatts4Life - September 14, 2011 1:10 p.m.

At this point WTF was the point of Sony initially releasing a backwards compatible PS3? I was able to get one for pretty cheap a long time ago and have used it to play all my FF games. But really I don't get why you would build it then say oh never mind lets just make HD remakes. I have a feeling that the next Playstation will not have any kind of backwards compatibility like Sony promised for all future playstations back when the PS3 was first announced.
  • soranamineforever - September 14, 2011 12:52 p.m.

Oh, yay. Seymour's haircut in HD. That's exactly what I needed. Oh well, on the other side of the spectrum is Lulu's chest, so its not all bad.
  • Moonlight_Shadow - September 14, 2011 10:44 a.m.

Hopefully they make an HD version of FF: X-2 and bundle both games together. I missed out on them and would appreciate a complete story.
  • gondarpwns - September 14, 2011 3:35 p.m.

X-2 wasnt that good imo FFX is way better
  • raWfodoG - September 14, 2011 10:39 a.m.

This is good news, great news for the die-hard FFX fans. But I would have been even happier if they gave more information about Versus.
  • nikko-tan - September 14, 2011 4:45 p.m.

I have no idea why Square Enix is delaying so bad with making Versus. At least it has entered full production. I hope it gets a first quarter release next year.
  • iluvpkmnmonday - September 14, 2011 10:29 a.m.

God damn it, i just bought FFX for the first two weeks ago
  • Ultimadrago - September 14, 2011 9:30 a.m.

FFX! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOI!
  • BigWillis - September 14, 2011 9:08 a.m.

Remake or upscaled port?
  • Siion - September 14, 2011 8:17 a.m.

Final fantasy 10 was my favorite, looking forward to finding out whether that's all based on nostalgia or not.
  • mothbanquet - September 14, 2011 7:14 a.m.

Kind of odd how they release HD updates of entire franchises that were released on PS2 (Metal Gear 2 & 3/RE 4 & CV/Ico & SotC) but only FFX? Not that I'm complaining, I enjoyed FFX very much and will still get it (already got all the others released on PSN) but it would've been nice to have FFXII as well. Mind you, that'll probably be next up for an update - or am I just being greedy?
  • Genericide - September 14, 2011 7:10 a.m.

Well I'm of two minds at the moment. On one hand, I'm not the type to buy remakes of games I already own, and indeed play on a regular basis on old systems. Final Fantasy X is possibly my favorite game of all time, but I've never been one for caring much about visuals. If they do add extras (like some people mentioned, the legendary weapons were obtained in stupid ways, like that accursed lightning challenge) in addition to the graphical upgrade this may be the first remake of a game I've played that I willingly buy.
  • SpadesSlick - September 14, 2011 6 a.m.

Man I hate Tidus so freaking much.... But I approve of this remake if only to spite the hardcore VII fanboys.
  • Burdmayn - September 14, 2011 5:51 a.m.

I think this is a pretty strong move on their part, but they can definitely make it better. Give me the option to buy one copy of the game that I can transfer between my ps3 and Vita and you have a sale Square, your move. But in regards to a remake of VII, I'm glad to see that most people on here aren't flipping out like the Kotaku readers. Apparently not many people realize that remaking VII to look good in this day means literally remaking the entire game. As much as people want it (I sure do) I don't see them classifying that as a profitable move. Didn't they say that a remake using the engine for XIII would take them about 10 years to make? I swear I read that somewhere...
  • Voltanis - September 14, 2011 5:04 a.m.

"At that point they’d be literally rebuilding the entire game, and for as fun as that might sound to you, it really makes no sense whatsoever." Except that they would probably sell a bajillion MORE copies of FF VII remake than this piece. Why do companies like Square keep saying they are listening to what their fans want, and then continue to deliver things they don't?
  • EnragedTortoise1 - September 14, 2011 5:01 a.m.

I was buying a Vita anyways. Thanks, Squeenix- I never finished X anyway (was way underleveled at the final boss and didn't feel like grinding). Hopefully the Dark Aeons and whatnot will be in this release- I never got the international version. And for those of you whining, at least they didn't announce another spinoff of whatever "new direction" they want Final Fantasy to take.
  • craigun - September 14, 2011 4:56 a.m.

Ok, now we need 7,8,9 and 12!