We Recommend

• thatblindgamer - February 11, 2012 11:10 a.m.

Just an fyi for the people who don't know, there is a new forum made by/for the guys from the old GR forum. It's called gr:community. http://www.grcommunity.info/index.php Why not stop by?
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2012 11:24 a.m.

Gotta love the subtitle for the forums... Resentment much?
  • Felixthecat - February 11, 2012 1:12 p.m.

You might want to get off that ugly high horse.
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2012 2:11 p.m.

Care to elaborate?
  • Felixthecat - February 11, 2012 3:08 p.m.

Oh, it's just the holier than thou attitude despite you having had no involvement in the situation that has come and gone. I find your judgemental attitude to be uncalled for.
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2012 3:24 p.m.

...What Holier than thou attitude? I wasn't saying you guys are in the wrong, nor i am knocking on the idea of a new forum. In fact, i checked it out, and it looks miles ahead of the old one in terms of layout. And yes, I am not involved nor am I really in the know of why the forums got shut down in the first place. What I DO know, however, is that whatever the reasons were, starting a new forum where the first thing you see is a sign of anger and resentment isn't probably setting a very inviting mood for anyone who wasn't already a part of the community. As i have mentioned before, I gave the forums a check a few weeks ago, and i tried to get into it, but i just couldn't. Among other things, the number of threads and how I would feel rather lost trying to start anywhere. Checking this new forum, I don't see it feeling any more welcoming. much less so considering some of the members are already insulting and calling names to people here in the safety of the forums. I am not feeling superior in this whole thing, I'm nothing but an outsider. But as an outsider, the feeling of anger in that place is very palpable, and that's what I conveyed in my first post. If you guys want to be angry? that's fine, but don't be surprised if others like me don't really find that attitude very pleasant or welcoming. Also, I at least thank you for taking the trouble to reply to me here and directly. And I apologize if I come across as too much of a jerk. But again, the immediate vibe the place gave me wasn't very enjoyable.
  • Felixthecat - February 11, 2012 5:31 p.m.

That's understandable. Thanks for explaining more thoroughly.
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2012 5:37 p.m.

No worries. To be fair, I actually like this place and most of the people a lot. Wouldn't mind joining the forums eventually. But again, doesn't really feel like a very welcoming place as it is, and that's mainly what bothered me. I do realize I went too heavy on the smartassery and came across more as an asshole... A sin I'm guilty of committing a lot XD
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - February 11, 2012 11:10 a.m.

two more til 200. hope you guys are planning something special like the 100 episode
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2012 11:07 a.m.

Glad to finally see it has arrived! I was worried about the long delay >>; And um... I tried joining the forums not a long time ago, and frankly, thought them a mess. If anything, answering the QOTW will be less of a hassle for me from now on. ...Sadly, i don't really have an answer for this week's question, since I have never really played any of the Simpson's games to begin with ^^; So frankly I'd be lying if i said any memory related to them at all >>; (And sorry, even though I like the show, none of the games has ever struck me as particularly good or outstanding to warrant checking them out.) /Being a dick
  • soren7550 - February 11, 2012 11:06 a.m.

My fondest Simpsons game memory comes from The Simpsons: Hit and Run, from both brainstorming with my brothers on what Simpsons cars should be in the next one, and activating cheats on my oldest brother's game when he wasn't looking, such as the cheat that made it so whenever you honked your horn, your car would go flying. P.S. - RIP the GamesRadar forums
  • brianofthewoods - February 11, 2012 11:06 a.m.

playing the arcade game and accidentaly doing the compination power thing when they go on eachother...
  • RebornKusabi - February 11, 2012 11:06 a.m.

Considering the forums were a cesspool of filth and anger, it's good they're gone. Besides, it's honestly not that difficult to find other ways to get fan art from the listeners, like having a Twitter or Facebook account (lol) dedicated just to fan art. I say good riddance, the place was already dead from the thousand fuckin' "Henry Sucks" topics on it, which for the record he doesn't and anyone who thinks that fails at life. So hopefully whatever the new "community" idea will be will end up better for our site in the long run. Now onto downloading my favorite show of the week, TalkRadar!
  • RebornKusabi - February 11, 2012 11:08 a.m.

lol guess I missed you guys already setting up a Twitter account just for fan art when I read that a moment ago. Also, maybe we should get an edit post button up in here. I have limited knowledge of Apache so I don't know if you can set that up but that would be appreciated.
  • BladedFalcon - February 11, 2012 11:17 a.m.

I'm not particularly fond of Henry, mainly because he tends to be too opinionated on things he doesn't even know about. (Like games he has never touched.) And sometimes comes across as too arrogant. Otherwise, i can still find him fun to listen to and can offer some good explanations or points of views. There, does that make me fail at life? :P
  • SerpentineZERO - February 11, 2012 12:16 p.m.

"the place was already dead from the thousand fuckin' "Henry Sucks" topics on it" That was like, for a few weeks at most last summer so I don't know what you're talking about.
  • 23Breach - February 11, 2012 11:05 a.m.

It was my first Simpsons game and a very horrible one too. The game I speak of is Simpsons Wrestling, a very broken unbalanced fighting game I still love (and have!).
  • brianofthewoods - February 11, 2012 11:04 a.m.

• soggysage - February 11, 2012 11:03 a.m.

You shall get one more fan art from me for 200. On the bright side yay Brett!!!
  • CrKnight - February 11, 2012 11:02 a.m.

My fondest memory is Playing Hit and Run on the Gamecube with the cheats activated. Nothing more fun than an invincible, jumping car blowing up everything it touches.
  • JamesRadar - February 11, 2012 11:02 a.m.

My fondest Simpsons game memory is actually a video game reference from the show. When Bart was planning to shoplift BoneStorm, he visualizes Mario and sonic. "TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT"!
  • kingsmikefan - February 11, 2012 11 a.m.

why do the forums matter? it's not like they were busy.