• shawksta - March 23, 2012 7:27 p.m.

Lol Groose? Hell yeah, most likely in a skyward sword stage he'll be in the background using the groosinator, if not maybe as an assist Trophy. Also, theres literally no reason why we havnt seen Geno, it would be nice for it to appear SOMEWHERE.
  • BladedFalcon - March 23, 2012 10:22 p.m.

They explained right there why: Copyright shenanigans and redtape with square and such.
  • shawksta - March 23, 2012 10:37 p.m.

I know that already, there's is no perfect explanation as to why they wont show Geno anywhere, i mean Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Sports Mix had square and their final fantasy icons of Black mage/white mage/Ninja there, why not a single organism of Geno? Do they just want him to die?
  • BladedFalcon - March 23, 2012 11:36 p.m.

Probably. Neither Nintendo or square seem very enthusiastic in any way to bring back anything related to that Mario RPG.
  • TrouserSnake - March 23, 2012 7:12 p.m.

Seeing as how our suggestions are being taken into consideration by Henry Gilbert as he adds to the list I have a few more characters that need mention like The Skull Kid or one of the Ninja Turtles or Simon from Castlevania.
  • rastamadeus - March 23, 2012 7:09 p.m.

Rayman? RAYMAN?! Are you seriously saying you want Rayman - the most charmless, bland, unlikeable video game character since Bubsy the Bobcat or Aero the Acrobat - to be in Smash 4? Are you saying that as a wind up or are you genuinely that mental in the face? That is the worst character idea I've ever heard. Magnus, Medusa (Kid Icarus), Dillon (Rolling Westen) and Ghirahim will all be in it, as will Travis as Suda51 has spoke before about asking Sakurai to include him in a future entry. Sakurai has also gone on record saying he wants Takamura (Nazo no Murasame Jō) or Balloon Fighter in the next one. So there's six or seven nailed on new characters.
  • codystovall - March 23, 2012 6:52 p.m.

Raguna from Harvest Moon Rune Factory would be cool!
  • HankVenture - March 23, 2012 6:28 p.m.

You still didn't include Ray MK III? Look I know no body played Custom Robo, but it has 3 trophies in past games which actually introduced most people to Custom Robo, it even had attacks! It would be a neat,but simple design. It's attacks can range between different types of guns, (pistols, shotguns, bombs, laser rifles.) It has jet packs for a hover jump. Seriously, this should be on the list, I'm not even a big fan AT ALL, I played custom robo for a weekend. It's a perfect fit!
  • revrock - March 24, 2012 9:19 a.m.

right on! I am somebody who played Custom Robo (on GCN and DS!)
  • AshLynx - March 23, 2012 6:21 p.m.

I quite like some of these ideas, Travis Touchdown would have to be my favorite. A good smash move for him would be his specials where he randomly shouted out the name of one of his favorite desserts and gained a random superpower, making his a random result smash. Groose might make a good assist trophy, but not a playable. But the one I failed to see was Klonoa! He had that recent Wiimake game that didn't sell as well as its quality dictated it should have, but there are also the two GBA games, not to mention more in Japan (like that RPG we never got, I think that was GBA too). Nintendo has put other more obscure heroes and one game characters into the SSB series, why not Klonoa? With him would come Guntz and Ghadius as assist trophies. Guntz would be a straight up fighting/shooting assist trophy while Ghadius would go into his boss fight Wheel of Woe and act a bit like Andross. And since the Klonoa world is already 2D with 3D backgrounds and characters, there's tons of great things already there that don't need to be hugely messed with, not to mention there are tons of great set pieces throughout the Wiimake that would make great arenas.
  • Fuzunga - March 23, 2012 6:12 p.m.

Still no Gihrahim, but he's basically guaranteed anyway. At least, I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't in there.
  • kiing8kong6 - March 23, 2012 6:08 p.m.

Adding Jack from madworld would have to make the super smash bros mature! Could you imagine him sawing mario in and covering the arena in links blood.
  • GameManiac - March 23, 2012 4:51 p.m.

... ... ...Where's Krystal (Star Fox series)? I honestly thought I would see her on the list. I did see Zoroark though, and those two are the only two new characters I want to see. Anyone else is just a bonus for me. And I would hope that Lucario (and Mewtwo) return as well. Half of the characters on the list sound a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Rayman? What's-his-name from Tekken? They're not even from Nintendo, and they're chances are virtually nonexistent. Knuckles and Raiden seem likely though, if Sega and Konami support continues. But I'm not holding my breath. http://gamerant.com/nintendo-characters-new-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-riley-135013/ I feel like this list does a FAR better job in who should be in SSB4 because it's far more believable. Ghirahim, Ridley, Krystal, Zoroark, Issac, Little Mac... They all show plenty of potential and would make welcome newcomers.
  • keltar93 - March 23, 2012 6:07 p.m.

Why no Krystal? Simple- nobody wants furry bait.
  • GameManiac - March 23, 2012 6:54 p.m.

God, that whole "furry" thing is just plain wrong...
  • TrouserSnake - March 23, 2012 12:15 p.m.

There is one character, well make that two characters who rightfully belong in this title and their names are Banjo and Kazooie they have all the requirements a character should have.
  • losthero15 - March 23, 2012 11:48 a.m.

I remember when Brawl was being made Sakurai was asked why characters like the Mii and the Animal Crossing characters were left out and he said he did not want to include characters from games that were not focused on fighting. While that would still rule out Tom Nook, the Mii has to be a shoe in thanks to Find Mii swords and magic.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - March 23, 2012 11:24 a.m.

If you have to add a B&W Pokemon make it Darmanitan. I'd see him playing sort of like Bowser it would be awesome and maybe even fit in his statue ability. But no I think the trainer character should keep the original pokemon but change the evolutions around. Maybe Charmeleon Bulbasaur and Blastoise.
  • Darkwun - March 23, 2012 10:47 a.m.

Demise-Skyward sword Kazuya-Tekken Megaman-duh Cloud-because Ninty are gonna see sense and invest into remaking FF7 for Wii U to make up for the N64 debacle. Or else. Goku-Dragonball
  • PanicJester - March 23, 2012 noon