• Fuzunga - March 23, 2012 6:12 p.m.

Still no Gihrahim, but he's basically guaranteed anyway. At least, I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't in there.
  • kiing8kong6 - March 23, 2012 6:08 p.m.

Adding Jack from madworld would have to make the super smash bros mature! Could you imagine him sawing mario in and covering the arena in links blood.
  • GameManiac - March 23, 2012 4:51 p.m.

... ... ...Where's Krystal (Star Fox series)? I honestly thought I would see her on the list. I did see Zoroark though, and those two are the only two new characters I want to see. Anyone else is just a bonus for me. And I would hope that Lucario (and Mewtwo) return as well. Half of the characters on the list sound a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Rayman? What's-his-name from Tekken? They're not even from Nintendo, and they're chances are virtually nonexistent. Knuckles and Raiden seem likely though, if Sega and Konami support continues. But I'm not holding my breath. http://gamerant.com/nintendo-characters-new-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-riley-135013/ I feel like this list does a FAR better job in who should be in SSB4 because it's far more believable. Ghirahim, Ridley, Krystal, Zoroark, Issac, Little Mac... They all show plenty of potential and would make welcome newcomers.
  • keltar93 - March 23, 2012 6:07 p.m.

Why no Krystal? Simple- nobody wants furry bait.
  • GameManiac - March 23, 2012 6:54 p.m.

God, that whole "furry" thing is just plain wrong...
  • TrouserSnake - March 23, 2012 12:15 p.m.

There is one character, well make that two characters who rightfully belong in this title and their names are Banjo and Kazooie they have all the requirements a character should have.
  • losthero15 - March 23, 2012 11:48 a.m.

I remember when Brawl was being made Sakurai was asked why characters like the Mii and the Animal Crossing characters were left out and he said he did not want to include characters from games that were not focused on fighting. While that would still rule out Tom Nook, the Mii has to be a shoe in thanks to Find Mii swords and magic.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - March 23, 2012 11:24 a.m.

If you have to add a B&W Pokemon make it Darmanitan. I'd see him playing sort of like Bowser it would be awesome and maybe even fit in his statue ability. But no I think the trainer character should keep the original pokemon but change the evolutions around. Maybe Charmeleon Bulbasaur and Blastoise.
  • Darkwun - March 23, 2012 10:47 a.m.

Demise-Skyward sword Kazuya-Tekken Megaman-duh Cloud-because Ninty are gonna see sense and invest into remaking FF7 for Wii U to make up for the N64 debacle. Or else. Goku-Dragonball
  • PanicJester - March 23, 2012 noon

And bomberman!
  • ChiChiRocket - March 23, 2012 10:40 a.m.

I would love to see Bowser Jr. as a playable character. He could fight with his paintbrush from Mario Sunshine and fly around with his Koopa Copter. Maybe he could even do a Zelda-esque transformation into Shadow Mario.
  • End - March 23, 2012 9:47 a.m.

While I'm on board with having either, you changed from Matthew to Isaac half way through your golden sun section
  • ObliqueZombie - March 23, 2012 9:31 a.m.

I literally just want Megaman. I don't give a shit about the others (who were great picks, love to see them in the game), as long as I got Megaman. :F
  • SouthTippBass - March 23, 2012 8:35 a.m.

I was thinking more along the lines of Sonic AND Tails, playing much like the Ice-Climbers would. That is, both of them on screen at once, with Tails able to give a lift to Sonic for specials, or save him from falling off the edge. That or Geno, why no Geno on this list?
  • cgriff63 - March 23, 2012 8:25 a.m.

some of these I think would be cool (raiden, rayman, matthew, and travis touchdown), but there are definitely better characters to add to the roster than tanooki mario, tom nook, and the hero from dragon quest. and I would bet on mega man being in the next ssb. (possibly megaman and zero? that'd be cool)
  • Darkhawk - March 23, 2012 8:06 a.m.

This was a terribe list right up until the last few entries. Who the hell ever heard of Matthew or Andy? However, I will grant that Knuckles, Raiden, or Mega Man would be awesome
  • samsneeze - March 23, 2012 8:38 a.m.

To be fair, most people had never heard of Fire Emblem until Melee, if I'm not mistaken. And Golden Sun has a pretty decent sized fan base now. The fact that you could drop almost almost any of it's characters into the game and get a distinct and showy move set is more than enough reason for their inclusion in the game.
  • cgriff63 - March 23, 2012 6:30 p.m.

golden sun definitely has enough fans to justify inclusion. (in fact, I think one of them might have had an assist trophy in brawl, maybe I'm mistaken though)
  • J-Fid - March 23, 2012 8:03 a.m.

I still think Shantae would be a great fit. A better fit than half of these options. I don't think having multiple forms of the same character is a good idea either. Tanooki Mario could be a new final smash for Mario. Instead of Yarn Kirby, have Prince Fluff as an Assist Trophy. King Hippo cannot be in the game without Little Mac being playable, that would be wrong (also I think King Hippo would be MUCH better off as a boss). I would not be surprised if a Mii was somehow represented, but I do not want to see that hideous balance board involved (unless it is an item, that might be funny). I would love to see an AC character represented. I like the ideas for Tom Nook. I think Zoroark's vast possibilities are his biggest weakness. He is way too gimmicky, even in the main games. Maybe he could disguise himself as other characters, but even then, he can't use there own moves. If we are talking Tekken, what about Street Fighter? Ryu needs more crossover appearances. Last if anybody ever saw Smash Kingdom Melee, they would know that Ganondorf would not approve of Vaati being in Smash Bros. :) Well... that's my rant on this subject.
  • azureguy - March 23, 2012 7:48 a.m.

Travis Touchdown would be my favorite choice, but his games are too mature for a Smash Bros. game's story mode. Andy, Tom Nook and paper mario would be a good choice though. Mega Man would be the next best thing after Sonic and Snake, but I doubt that anyone at Capcom would push the idea. Those that would have already left the company anyway, including Keiji Inafune itself.