• chouston - November 25, 2012 2:28 p.m.

Id rather c: - Waluigi - Krystal - Mew Two - Pokemon Trainer from gen 1 again and gen 2 or 3 NOT 5 cause they suck - Roy - More villains like Vaati n King K. Rool
  • jack-attack-gruber - November 18, 2012 4:11 p.m.

Great Article! Quick grammar thing, on Naruto, at the very end, you said what the fans "what his final smash to be" I think you met want. Thank you!
  • CBGB - November 17, 2012 3:11 p.m.

I would love to see Amaterasu from Okami, I love that game it is my favorite.
  • CaffieKuriboh - November 17, 2012 11:51 a.m.

I read online that they were gonna focus more on making each of the character's play style more unique rather than add more characters to the roster. But because SSB is known for its large roster, I'm sure they'll add more characters. If they were gona put in more characters, I'd put my money on Megaman, Vaati, Kyrstal, Bomberman (Maybe), Issac or Felix, and I can see Zorark replacing Lucario, and maybe Shadow. As for Naruto and Goku, ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!! They are not "video game" characters, they only have some games based of their anime series. Thats like saying Chris (or whatever that kid's name is in the recent Sonic cartoon) should be in the game cause he's in a Sonic cartoon. It just doesn't make sense. As for Bandai characters, I can see Klonoa, Lloyd, or Mr. Driller. Pac-Man would probably make it as an Assist Trophy or something, but not actually playable. These are just my opinions based off of what I've read on the internet so please don't get angry with me (especially you DBZ and Naruto fan boys).
  • TheCakeIsALie - November 15, 2012 8:14 p.m.

They should add Maxwell, from Scribblenauts! All of the Scribblenauts games have been on Nintendo-exclusive systems, and Nintendo characters are even going to be in Scribblenauts Unlimited.
  • MrPokemon907 - December 4, 2012 12:08 p.m.

REALLY great idea!! Really!! I'll have no surprise if MAXWELL gets an appearance for the new release!!
  • Master Q - November 14, 2012 10:06 a.m.

ima b soo pissed if it dont work 4 the nintendo wii
  • simplethunder - November 16, 2012 7:31 p.m.

It's for Wii U and 3DS soooooo... it won't.
  • SUCKxITxEZ - November 13, 2012 12:43 a.m.

not buyin it unless they ut the doc back in
  • ross-allen - November 12, 2012 1:01 a.m.

I would really like to see shadow from the sonic series in the game with contrasting moves to sonic as he had in his first apperance. The only characters I like from sonic are sonic knuckles and shadow, I think they all deserve a fair chance at being in the game and would compliment each other the same way the mario characters do with each other and the zelda characters do with each other. also wouldnt mind seeing goku gohan vagetta or majin boo
  • nuno-dias - November 9, 2012 10:52 a.m.

I vote Neku for World ends with you.
  • malachi-washington - November 5, 2012 4:27 p.m.

MUST ADD SASUKE UCHIHA AND ICHIGO KUROSAKI PUT THEM IN
  • simplethunder - November 6, 2012 9:14 a.m.

• darklink454 - October 28, 2012 4:35 p.m.

Shadow of coarse y was he not on there
  • brooksy91 - October 22, 2012 1:13 a.m.

Poor, poor list, no one cares about half the characters on this list. Naruto and castlevania characters will not be added, lets be realistic. Lol at some of the characters that are being brought up, some of you do need to get out more. Here is a list off the top of my head that is even more realistic then some of the crap on here and on the net. Note that not all of them will be added, imo anyway, just some realistic chances. But until the game is realased it is all speculation. -Waluigi -Bowser Jr. -Another pkmn trainer from a diff. gen. -King K Rool -Dixie Kong -Krystal -Megaman ? -Bomber man ? -Rayman ? -Knuckles ? -Dr. Eggman ? -Banjo Kazooie( My wish, a bit of a long shot though.) -I actually think birdo could be a small chance, again another long shot. -Earthworm Jim. Now that is more realstic then 99% of the crap on here. Again, off the top of my head and of course I have missed some game series cause I dont play every single game series. lol
  • Chireru007 - October 23, 2012 6:28 p.m.

Realistically I don't see any anime characters( except pokemon, which sucks) having a chance of being playable in Smash Bros. Shadow is most likely the best candidate for the Sonic series. All the characters repeated from the last post are also realistic candidates. I have to face reality that BlazeBlue characters have no place in Smash Bros. However, Samurai Warriors characters I won't exactly give up(Yet!). Anyone who has played Pokemon Conquest will agree with me( As well as anyone who took notice of the fact that Samurai Warriors 3 was ONLY playable for the Wii (Which pissed me off because I play Xbox more often than not))
  • simplethunder - October 28, 2012 11:30 a.m.

Technically, Pokemon doesn't count as anime since it originated as the game. Just saying. Though I do agree: no anime-originating characters. I love DBZ, but Goku is not meant for Smash. Anyways, there are quite a few worthy characters but not many on this list. I think we all agree that Mega Man should be there, and I wouldn't mind having a generic Black Mage as a Square-Enix rep, or perhaps Geno. Still, I'd never use more than 5-7% of the new roster for 3rd-party, excluding Namco Bandai because of the development team. As for other Nintendo characters... a Golden Sun rep, most likely Isaac or Matthew would be nice. Another Kid Icarus character and everyone knows Metroid needs another rep. Ridley is kind of big, but maybe a Phazon-based moveset for Dark Samus? And I really feel slightly cheated that the main character of each Earthbound game is playable... except the very first one. Granted, he has no attack PSI, but that can only force the team to come up with creative uses for his stat-boosting techniques and 4th-D Slip. Perhaps his side-special could be a PSI QuickUp charge or something. I feel like Zelda is also under-represented given it only has four characters next to Mario's eight. So Vaati is a good option, as well. He could be a light, floaty character a la Mewtwo, but with powerful Wind-based attacks. A good alternative would be Saria, who, as the Sage of Forest could have plant-based attacks, and make use of Deku sticks, Deku nuts, and the Deku Leaf. And lastly... Pokemon has enough reps, but I'd really like Mewtwo back, along with Roy. I felt kind of empty when I didn't see them on the Brawl roster. No doubt I'll feel the same if they're excluded from SSB4.
  • Chireru007 - October 31, 2012 4:56 p.m.

Speaking of under-represented characters, Donkey Kong and F-Zero, who have been there from the start, have serious need need of possible candidates. Chunk Kong is bad ass, I'd put him in( maybe Dixie Kong too, she may be annoying but she appeared before Chunky) as for an F-Zero character, I think samurai Goro should go legit, instead of being a friiggin' assist!
  • simplethunder - November 2, 2012 6:23 p.m.

True. For a DK rep, I'd say we actually need a villain. King K. Rool, anyone? We agree about Dixie, though she could be paired off with Diddy like was originally intended. Goro would be a good choice. A mix of Marth-like sword attacks and moves based on his car could be interesting if done right. I still say Metroid has a bit more desperate need for characters. And for bosses, I'd love to see a 3D version of Giygas rather than (blegh) Porky. It would be awesome to actually have to fight against Ganon's beast form, as well, instead of it being only a Final Smash. And Phantoom or Mother Brain would be great as well. And the game needs more Nintendo-based enemies besides Goombas, Koopas and Subspace minions. Throw in some Octoroks, Bokoblins and Zebesians. Space Pirates and such. Seriously, there's so much more potential in this series than is being tapped...