• james_brown159357 - September 25, 2012 6:38 p.m.

The roster needs Vile from Megaman X. And he should play like an absolute boss.
  • alexandre-bret - September 25, 2012 7:46 p.m.

Readers choices are better
  • michaelvillalon - September 25, 2012 7:50 p.m.

Interesting list, but maybe too many clone-like characters. I had a go at creating a list like this over here: http://thevgisland.com/Articles/files/12ssbcharacters.html I think theres going to be a lot of surprises with the next game, as well as a lot more third party characters.
  • michaelvillalon - September 25, 2012 7:53 p.m.

Bear in mind, I wrote this quite a while ago....
  • lachlan-crute - September 25, 2012 8:41 p.m.

Id love to see Shulk from Xenoblade: Chronicles make an appearance, he would play similar to marth or link but have his Monado powers aswell. A backslash while the opponent faces away would deal more damage and if you charged up a simple hit with the monado it would become monado buster. His final smash could involve 2 other characters (Sharla and Reyn?) jumping in and performing a chain attack, either that, or it could simply be Monado Cyclone. Id also like to see Zael form The Last Story appear, he could use his air slash move (I forget what its called :S) to quickly move across the field, similar to how Fox, Falco and Wolf do, perhaps his gathering abilitycould somehow be implimented? Enemy assist trophies or pokeballs only go for him? I don't know. He could also use his crossbow and his final smash could involved Acceleration, making him hit and run so fast the enemy doesn't have time to get a hit in, or maybe calling in another character to cast Big Bang or Glacier then breaking their magic circle. Finally for some assist trophy ideas, maybe you could have the guy from Pullblox (I think its called pushmo in North America? Sorry I don't know) I forget his name, but he could pull blocks onto the stage, getting in peoples way, or simply push some platforms and bloxs into the background all together, he could be a 3ds exclusive.
  • bryanthelion - September 25, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Cooking Mama!
  • slimjim441 - September 25, 2012 9:31 p.m.

Oh God... please no 5th gen Pokemon, no Baby Mario Bros, no Naruto, no Slippy, no Phoenix Wright, and no Birdo. None of those characters have any place in a Smash Bros title. Seriously, whoever recommended Slippy should have their kneecaps blown out.
  • slimjim441 - September 25, 2012 9:32 p.m.

And where's the Castlevania love? Not a Belmont, dhampir, or reincarnated Dark Lord in sight, and that makes me sad.
  • Hobogonigal - September 26, 2012 3:56 a.m.

I think there should be at least Phoenix Wright, I mean his core games are only out on Nintendo platforms and I would really love to yell objection at other characters as a taunt! I agree about Slippy though, you bring the shotgun and I'll bring the baseball bat.
  • slimjim441 - September 26, 2012 1:46 p.m.

I'm just remembering how he plays in UMvC3 and how cringe-inducing it is. Of course, that nonsensical play style may work better for the Smash Bros. feel. I still don't like it though. I think that slot could be much more appropriately filled by someone like Mega Man (and/or Proto Man, Bass, X, and Zero), pretty much anyone from Castlevania, Mickey Mouse, or a fuck-ton of cooler characters.
  • J-Fid - September 26, 2012 7:35 a.m.

I'm predicting a 100% chance that 5th Gen. Pokemon will appear in someway.
  • slimjim441 - September 26, 2012 1:40 p.m.

I'm also sure of it, but it doesn't make me any less sad inside.
  • mattdark - September 26, 2012 1:27 a.m.

I woud seriously doubt the appearance of any anime characters in this. Even though Namco Bandai holds the license over them to make games based on those series, I can only imagine the trouble trying to get all the licence holders agreement that they can appear in the same game, especially outside of japan. While im not sure about most of the Namco roster, I certainly think the likes of Pacman, Klonoa and Mr Driller are nice choices who would fit in nicely.
  • LEGOMatrix - September 26, 2012 3:25 a.m.

Zoroark can't actually DO other pokemons' moves, he only copies their look, and you can''t control it, the illusion vanishes when hit. Pretty useless for SSB other than hiding your character choice for a few seconds. Also imo Yoshimitsu would be better than Kazuya, having already appeared in Tekken Advance on GBA and Soul Calibur 2 on GC.
  • Hobogonigal - September 26, 2012 4:51 a.m.

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned before. Professor Layton anyone?
  • TCrimson05 - September 26, 2012 9:19 a.m.

Zero. ZERO, Zero.......zero. Knuckles. MegamanX. Shadow (he'll probably make it in). Dark Samus/Dark or Wolf Link - I suspect they'll have various final smashes this time, one for each direction of the D-Pad, and Wolf Link or Dark Samus will be one of them for thier perspective character. Same for various Variations of each character. Each one will have various "Tranformed" and alternate states. That'd make the most sense. Son goku and maybe even Vegeta isn't out of the question since Namco owns the right to those games. It could happen.
  • GameManiac - September 26, 2012 9:27 a.m.

"Smash Bros. already has three Star Fox characters, and if they were to add another we expect it would be another villain or Crystal before they’d slip Slippy onto the roster." Well, I can't see Andross as anything more than an Assist Trophy, so Krystal seems to be the most likely choice for the next Smash Bros. games. She has FAR more combat potential anyway, especially if that staff she has is implied.
  • terrance-baker - September 26, 2012 3:46 p.m.

put in Dark Samus from Metriod prime 2and 3 as a character and shadow from sonic !!!!
  • atuolink - September 27, 2012 12:40 p.m.

Hello there are many different opinions on how the new super smash bros. game should turn out in the end but what is being forgotten is what is said by the producer/creator itself and the reaction. Most are speculating on the game but what we should really focus on is make sure in the end that the game stays true to its original series. It is combining with namco-bandai to make the game. The creators speak of not expanding the character roster but that would be a huge mistake on the creator's part. Most to all the fans want new characters and want to get so many people in. What the game should do is do what the fans want, the creators talk about refining the characters and focusing on quality rather then quantity but the characters already have a good enough quality and have there own set moves why can't they make other characters like this. Adding more characters would make the game more popular and much more enjoyable. As you all may know the wii gets hacked/modified quite often. In most of these cases (I've done my research quite well) it has been most common to hack the wii just for editing/adding new characters or stages to the brawl. To reduce this and to enjoy you should add what your fans feel is needed.(But there is not a need to listen to every fan you don't have to add those extra small characters from games like for example amy rose from sonic is not a need. But shadow the hedgehog if he is requested it would be a great addition.) Adding tons of new characters and listening to speculations will get the game good publicity (This is what fans want). Adding new stages and game modes will be nice. The character addition needs to be huge since this is a very big worry for the fans. Also don't go astray and have a very different gameplay mode fans came to see classical super smash bros with some great new characters, new modes and have fun. Super smash bros for WiiU should maintain classical aspects of old super smash bros but also add in new modes stages and characters. If you want you can upgrade quality but what matters in this game which sets it apart from most others is the quantity. This game is spectacular adding 3 new characters or even 10 won't get the interest of many. Adding 50? or even 100?! That is bound to get attention and recognition for greatness. But it all depends on how the creators want to handle it. Here's my message to the creators: Don't focus on quality of old characters and add a few characters, listen to your fans since they are what's important but make sure to improve on aspects everyone would seem to be essential. (Hopefully people can copy and paste this to other sites send a letter to Nintendo themselves I just want the creators to read this and listen to everyone's opinion on this because I believe this is what everyone truly needs, spread the word of this post maybe this can change things)
  • Smash_Bro - September 27, 2012 3:38 p.m.

This wishlist has become quite out of hand, but I guess that's the point of making a wishlist in the first place. But...King Hippo? Pac-Man? Gundam? Mother freakin' Slippy? (ok, I lol'd at that one) Side-note: Did you guys really mean to have Snivy, Oshawott and Emboar? Shouldn't there be a first-stage evolution (ie Servine or Dewott)? I'm confused as to why it's basic-basic-second stage evolution.