• codystovall - January 31, 2014 7:34 a.m.

Meh...so last gen
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 8:49 a.m.

To be fair, Gen 5 and 6 did a poor job actually establishing another important Pokemon like Lucario and the only reason he returned is because of his Risk/Reward system.
  • codystovall - January 31, 2014 1:56 p.m.

Greninja Hawlucha Gourgeist Delphox Victini Zoroark Reuniclus Druddigon Golett Keldeo Would all be very interesting, more interesting than lucario and it doesnt have to be new Couldve been mewtwo, gengar, blaziken for all I care with their new megas, wouldve been better.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 3:10 p.m.

I didnt say there werent better pokemon in general, all you listed are all better Lucario.
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 6:29 a.m.

Bleh, Lucario again? Seriously? /Team Hawlucha
  • J-Fid - January 31, 2014 8:55 a.m.

Where do I sign up for Team Hawlucha? Also, I'm starting Team Greninja right here. Who's joining me?
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 10:22 a.m.

I do as well! Those two alongside Talonflame are my favorite pokemon of VI gen by far!
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 9:01 a.m.

Yeah.Hawlucha wouldve been much more interesting than Lucario XD Who knows maybe we'll have a gen 6 newcomer and if not, Hawlucha can be a kickass Assist Trophy.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 9:02 a.m.

*Pokeball not Assist Trophy Assist Trophys are basically a Non-Pokemon Version of Pokeballs
  • Vonter - January 31, 2014 9:39 a.m.

Blaziken is still better :p
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 10:25 a.m.

Blaziken's not bad, but he's an oversized chicken, not a Hawk. Hawks are inherently cooler :P 'sides, Blaziken's uniqueness has been greatly diminished by being one of THREE fire starters that are ridiculously similar and also share the same typing. And while his stats may be better than hawlucha, fire/fighting is not nearly as cool a combo as flying/fighting is. Lastly... Hawlucha knows how to do flying presses, Blaziken doesn't. Point, set,match. :P
  • Vonter - January 31, 2014 4:04 p.m.

I'll take your word for it, haven't played Pokemon since the yellow version and I mainly remember Blaziken because it was one of my friends favorite pokemon. I also mention him since he seems to have the same body type as Lucario and also was a special gift (if I remember) for Pokemon X & Y, and he also has a MegaEvolution. Anyways I think the logic in Lucario (besides popularity) is because he has that unique attribute of gaining strength through damage (I don't know if other Pokemon have that).
  • BladedFalcon - January 31, 2014 5:58 p.m.

The special gift you got in Pokemon x/y was the stone required to make him mega-evolve, yeah :P And er... He doesn't work that way in the games, actually. At least, it isn't that straightforward, and there ARE some abilities that increase attack if damaged by a certain type, but it's not at all unique to lucario. Anyway, I don't think Lucario is really that popular so much as it's the kind of Pokemon Nintendo decided to focus on. At least, most people I know don't even like him. (And honestly he's not a very good pokemon in game, too fucking weak in his defenses.)
  • Vonter - January 31, 2014 6:30 p.m.

Yeah, I think he might be popular in Japan, since I don't see much reason (maybe just rehashing the character from Brawl) keeping him instead of just going back to Mewtwo (who I think still has a chance to return (maybe as a boss)). I also like a theory (I heard today) that maybe Lucario's megaevolution may be triggered after certain damage is taken, at least that'll be more amusing than Aura covering his body after taking damage. But who knows.
  • Shigeruken - January 31, 2014 5:56 a.m.

I still think Dragonite would have been the perfect choice.
  • universaltofu - January 31, 2014 5:12 a.m.

Cool, this shakes up what message boards have been predicting as far as cuts go, but I liked Lucario so I'm happy.
  • Swedish_Chef - January 31, 2014 3:14 a.m.

Wow, I have to say I actually didn't expect it to be returning. I thought Lucario would be replaced by either. Mewtwo (to advertise the latest Pokemon movie in Japan) or a new Pokémon from X/Y.
  • codystovall - January 31, 2014 7:35 a.m.

didnt expect or didnt really want to.
  • UberPyro64 - January 31, 2014 1:47 a.m.

At this point I doubt there will be any cuts whatsoever. Sakurai knows the fans hate cuts. So no one not even Pokemon Trainer, Ike or Snake will get cut. Plus Mewtwo will come back bringing the vet total up to 40. I think they will also add 12 newcomers to the games. Besides the 4 we already know, I think Chrom, Little Mac and Palutena will be added. This leaves 5 who I'm not sure about though if that E3 rumor is in fact true then Pac-Man and Mii would also be added leaving only 3 slots left.
  • Swedish_Chef - January 31, 2014 3:12 a.m.

Hate to be pessimistic but I don't think Ike will return if Chrom is being added, the past two games they've been trying to market the newest Fire Emblem game at the time by including one of the main characters from that game (Roy in Melee, Ike in Brawl). Also as sad as I am to say it (he was my main in Brawl) I don't think Snake will return either.
  • GOD - January 31, 2014 12:37 a.m.

Hmmmm now to see if Mewtwo comes back as well after his hiatus..... Also, not sure if this had been confirmed previously, but in one of his pics you can see the Megaman stage with the Yellow giant, so it looks like it is only there as a stage hazard of some sort.
  • GOD - January 31, 2014 12:38 a.m.

*Yellow Devil