• Jedipimp0712 - August 5, 2011 7:22 p.m.

and in what used to be communist Poland, game will buy you!!
  • Jedipimp0712 - August 5, 2011 7:21 p.m.

with my professional polish opinion, i believe that dropping the price points of EVERY GAME no matter the quality to $40 USD (this is directed to all of you AAA titles too) would benefit the industry. most people can only afford one or two games every 3 months or so. its a simple business plan. sell an item of as good or better quality than others and you will monopolize the industry. how did the Wii sell so many consoles with some of the worst titles ever created? because of the COST of the console. you want your game to go platinum over night? make something as great as skyrim and drop the price to $40 USD or however many "quid" that is. i will bet you all of the money you make from said game (or my life as your indentured servant) that you will sell more copies than any game of all time.
  • Primed - August 5, 2011 7:04 p.m.

Just do what I do. Live 7 years in the past. Yeah I just got windows xp and this new thing called myspace is awesome. Resident evil 4 just came out on the ps2 and Super Smash Bros. Melee is the shit. And what's this new stuff about A new nintendo console. The Revolution? Sick ass name. Every game is less than ten dollars and Half-Life 2 is going to have episodes?! That means I'll get updates every like 3-4 months. I couldn't be happier.
  • ABACADA6494 - August 5, 2011 6:30 p.m.

I don't mind paying $60 for a game that i know i will get a lot of play time out of. I usually compare this stuff to the movies, for $60 bucks you could see 5 or 6 movies. that's around 10-14 hours depending on the length of each movie. Compared to a game like Skyrim, where you would probably have over 50 (100 is easily possible, probably more) it is definitely worth it. but i feel like dropping the price to $50 would even help a lot. That seems a lot more reasonable, even though its only $10. although... I'm gonna drop $100 for the Uncharted 3 collector's edition, so i shouldn't talk...
  • Clovin64 - August 5, 2011 6:28 p.m.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure almost every developer will believe that their game will be worth full price. In any case, I would gladly pay full price for a game like Skyrim.
  • Robx - August 5, 2011 6:23 p.m.

"Yeh yeh, games should be cheaper...I'm sorry what? No no, of course not, ours will be $60, but believe me, it's worth it! Oh wait I've got another call..." I'm one who believes that with lower prices the sales could increase for everyone, considering how much the business has expanded to date. It's my fear that mobile gaming is taking down the big dogs by having huge sales simply because their audience is bigger and their games cheaper, if publishers considered lowering their prices to make what we call 'true gaming' more accessible for more people, I'm sure the market will see more money.
  • TheKey - August 5, 2011 6:22 p.m.

Wouldn't it be better to say that there should be a variant in price for different games? Like one is 60, another 50, another 40, and a few 30. That would make more sense.
  • Markoose16 - August 5, 2011 6:20 p.m.

Guys you can't use 'quid' without a number, it doesn't make sense otherwise. It has to be five quid, twenty quid, fifty quid etc and that was today's lesson on British slang. On-topic - I think the price point of games will have to change at some point as the rise of mobile games continue but I wouldn't expect it until the next generation of consoles. Taking £10 or $20 off of the current price of games would help.
  • db1331 - August 5, 2011 6:19 p.m.

I don't mind paying $60 for something like Skyrim. The truth is I would even pay more. Howard is right though. Most $60 have no business being priced that high. Look at Duke Nukem Forever. Are you trying to tell me that that game has the same value of Skyrim? If the game isn't doing anything innovative, like using new tech or an entirely new engine, price it at $40. You would probably make a lot more money in the long run. In reality however, it's not the companies that set the prices, it's the consumers. If we all stopped buying $60 games, the prices would come down. Obviously it's too late for that now. I'm sure in another couple years someone will come out with a $70 game. If it sells well, $70 will be the new norm.
  • Chris_Head91 - August 5, 2011 6:17 p.m.

FINALLY someone in the games industry who isn't a money-grabbing-so-and-so
  • Zepaw - August 5, 2011 6:16 p.m.

I would actually buy games if they were around $30-40. Sure I want to support developers but I am not going to throw them money I don't have when I can rent so much cheaper.