Topics

3DS Nintendo

• meagaman45 - February 3, 2012 5:02 a.m.

i will get it for sure when kid icarus comes out but i might get it before then and i have a question could you use the circle pad pro with games that involve moving the camera or clicking the shoulder buttons on the regular ds.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - February 3, 2012 7:20 a.m.

Unfortunately not. It has to be built in to the software, and that's seems to be only with 3DS software created after the reveal of the Circle Pad Pro. No older 3DS games have been updated with it, let alone any DS titles.
  • sirdilznik - February 3, 2012 3:37 a.m.

This will be a wait and see item for me. Initially I'm not getting it for Resident Evil: Revelations... err, Revelaitons. Having played the demo without the attachment I see no need for it, the standard controls felt great and the gyro aiming was superb so I'll wind up using that when I get the full game next week. Once other games that support it come out, namely MGS3D and Kid Icarus Uprising I'll see how the games control without the attachment. If I don't have problems controlling those games I won't get the attachment. So basically my stance right now is "No I won't be getting it unless a game comes along that I really need it for".
  • Moonlight_Shadow - February 3, 2012 12:32 a.m.

I got banned from Gamestop/EB Games for using 5 coupons in a certain time period (I didn't stack them but purchased different things seperately). They flagged my bank account for fraudulent activity and will only accept cash from now on. Many other people have had the same experience. They also mix their used and new games together so you can't tell the difference and they gut your new games of the DLC codes so you have to contact customer service for a replacement, which even happens when you order online. Ranting asside, I plan on picking one of these up but only once other retailers sell it.
  • Jackelsburg - February 2, 2012 11:09 p.m.

For me, if Nintendo makes a redesign with a right stick then i would definitely pick up that version (but there is a chance that won't happen). If not, then a regular 3DS would just suffice. I probably wouldn't get the circle pad pro though.
  • Fuzunga - February 2, 2012 9:59 p.m.

I'd rather pay a premium to buy from Nintendo.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - February 2, 2012 10:22 p.m.

I admire your commitment and am doing the same thing with that and Xenoblade Chronicles
  • TheStormofdantess - February 2, 2012 8:04 p.m.

I hate Gamestop so I won't be buying.
  • TheStormofdantess - February 2, 2012 8:07 p.m.

Although I did like this article. Good job as always Henry.
  • Asmodean - February 2, 2012 7:44 p.m.

Why would you reward Big N with more money for a failed design, the truth is the f'ed up the 3DS in a lot of ways. So now instead of saying "guys we screwed the pooch, give us a year to redesign the system with a better battery and controls and you can trade the half finished thing you have now for what we really wanted to offer." But no they say 'Darn the 3DS isn't selling, let drop the price and offer 10 games most people already have, then we make them buy a stop gap peripheral to deal with the fact that we rushed this out early.' You know what fuck you Nintendo, this is BS and everyone who owns a 3DS should think so too, I glad I didn't buy the 3DS, I knew this was going to be the end result. You know what Henry, I really respect your views on most things but just of of principal you should have not recommended the device at all. This peripheral is a slap in the face with a super mushroom sized dick, it's an insult to everyone who bought into the 3DS and trusted Nintendo, it shows a deep lack of respect their fans, one they should not be rewarded for.
  • Cyberninja - February 2, 2012 8:38 p.m.

dude your complaining about an accessory if Nintendo wanted a dual analog handheld do you think they wouldn't have made one in the first place? The reason why this accessory was made is because capcom wanted to have dual analog to work with when making Monster Hunter 3G, not because Nintendo failed to design the 3ds properly, the only game that was made by a Nintendo Studio that uses this Kid Icarus and that's only to make it easier for lefty's to play, the only other game i can see them using it for is Luigi's Mansion 2 and then it is going the way of the rumble pak for ds, having only 1 retail provider in The U.S. emphasizes this point because if it was the next big step they would stock it at all stores that sell 3ds like with wii motion plus. TR:DL your over reacting to an accessory that Nintendo doesn't even care about
  • marioman50 - February 2, 2012 7:33 p.m.

I would buy a redesign foe sure if it added the extra stick.
  • marioman50 - February 2, 2012 7:33 p.m.

for*
  • MidianGTX - February 2, 2012 7:17 p.m.

So the conclusion to the article is Nintendo dropped the ball with the 3DS's stupid design. Fantastic.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - February 2, 2012 10:28 p.m.

Let me be clear that I in no way think the 3DS is a failure or a poorly designed system. I had dozens hours of fun with the portable before slapping on the CPP. Should the 3DS have launched with two sticks? Maybe so. But in the here and now, the CPP is a good, easy fix to the needs of current controls.
  • slimjim441 - February 2, 2012 6:57 p.m.

If there's no news of a redesign by the time KH comes out, I'll have to pick one up. But until then, I'll put this twanky towards a collector's edition of a certain game that will Effect a large Mass of about a 3 month period.
  • Tymiegie - February 2, 2012 8:23 p.m.

Awesome comment about an awesome game.
  • Fuzunga - February 2, 2012 10 p.m.

I see what you did there.
  • Cyberninja - February 2, 2012 6:57 p.m.

i really dont think nintendo will redesign the 3ds since they said on multiple occasions "they won't if anything they will make an Xl version" so i will trust them since they have little first party support and buy it.
  • Twizinator - February 2, 2012 6:55 p.m.

I will buy ANYTHING to get Capcom to import more Monster Hunter games. Please, have mercy! I must have Frontier and the remake of 3 for the 3DS! I'm begging on my knees!
  • josharron - February 2, 2012 6:44 p.m.

the only reason i might buy this is for the new Kingdom hearts