Topics

Pokemon

We Recommend

• puzkid - September 15, 2009 4:19 p.m.

omg i just got a shiny buneary in eterna forest without cheeesting yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
  • bryan-gonzalez - January 5, 2012 3:50 p.m.

in pokemon white i found a shiny wurmple and was looking for a lairon now i want a shiny breloom
  • torritron - June 13, 2009 2:46 a.m.

i was just now chaining swablu and then i ran into a damn meditite i was so pissed that i googled to see if there was another way to get shinies and i ended up here
  • BigBtop - June 12, 2009 10:15 p.m.

is anybody here willing to trade lugia i can trade you a rare pokemon
  • legostarwarsfreak - June 7, 2009 5:30 p.m.

The flashing non-Shiny patch isn't always non-Sinnoh. I've faced Staravias and Kricketunes like a thousand times when it flashes.
  • Xander - May 18, 2009 10:36 p.m.

OMG! This guide is awesome! With this advice I have caught a shiny shinx and a shiny electabuzz!
  • Monkeylink - May 8, 2009 11:32 p.m.

Just get an AR and get pokesav and you can get what ever you want in pokemon any pokemon,any item,any pokeball anything I got all shiny legendaries
  • nicoiswoobie - April 24, 2009 2:08 a.m.

Lulz... I got to 40 and reset like 10 times then my cousin bumped my arm... I was chaining pichu, and I ran into a f***ing pidgey!!!
  • Garchomp617 - April 9, 2009 9:53 a.m.

you don't need a chain to get a Shiny. i just found this blue Ponyta near Solaceon Town.
  • Garchomp617 - April 9, 2009 9:52 a.m.

• Garchomp617 - April 9, 2009 9:50 a.m.

• ecuamike3 - March 7, 2009 5:40 a.m.

this totally worked, i got up to 37 banettes and using this method i caught a shiny one at level 54. thanx!
  • InfernapeUser - June 19, 2009 5:47 a.m.

ok i'm gonna call this bust. i've followed every "rule" for chaining i've gone to the furthest out that met the criteria but still i keep getting different than my chain. even as common as bidoof is i can't get more than 7 in a row of that...i'll just keep looking for them. yall did put in a lot of work on the guide though good job.
  • InfernapeUser - June 19, 2009 5:29 a.m.

yeah i can't get passed a 7 chain with out running into a different pokemon.....:o( oh well i'll keep trying i guess....i actually ran into a wild shiny pelipper at rte. 230 by the battle area and resort, and i didn't have any kinda chain going at that time, i was 1 in 8192 :0)
  • snowdragon2 - June 8, 2009 3:46 p.m.

THANKS soooooooooooooooo much at first i thought it was worth a shot so i tried i dont really use links so much till now my link of 18 was from gastly and i lost it but today i went to the swarm pokemon(pidgey) and tried i kept on trying because of the good comments not every body could have been lying so i tried in my 10th chain i found a greenish goldish pidgy lucky me thanx you guys should do more guides like this
  • Ezra - May 24, 2009 5:01 p.m.

I'm sure this method works, it's just that for some reason on my game, every time I get my chain into the 20's a random pokemon (that is NOT the one I want) pops up even though I'm still selecting the patch of grass furthest away from me and what-not. I don't get it, and it's REALLY frustrating.
  • cornjo - April 24, 2009 9:13 a.m.

Nice Guide!!! But the highest ive got up to is like 19... lolzzz but im gona keep tryin!!! Hahahaha
  • Katherine1973 - April 19, 2009 1:09 a.m.

I've tried this method and it hasn't really worked for me. I have captured exactly 6 different shinies in the R/G, R/S/E and D/P,and they were REALLY random, but thanx to the GTS I have over 2 boxes full of shinies.
  • Cionuchiha - April 16, 2009 9:39 p.m.

I don't think chains are quite nessecary but I think it will help a lot I found a purple Budew one day and haden't seen any others.
  • sup_pe0ples - January 28, 2009 8:08 a.m.

i tryed this but for some reason i keep running into some random ass pokemon and im sure im following it right