Topics

crossovers

• GrandmaSlayer - November 23, 2012 1:58 p.m.

Bully, what a hell of a game! hope rockstar come out with a sequel/Prequel soon! Oh and i think they should reference Bullworth in GTA V like Michael attended the academy as a dysfunctional teenager or something :3
  • eric648 - November 23, 2012 1:31 p.m.

What about Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier? There was even an unreleased crossover game for the PC Engine, Space Fantasy Zone.
  • robertpopovic - November 23, 2012 1:28 p.m.

I've never been a fan of the FFX and X-2 tie in to VII. They just add in some small insignificant nods and dismiss a pretty huge history that FF VII told off and thought to get away with it. No thanks ;)
  • IcarusLeonardo - November 23, 2012 1:24 p.m.

Half-Life trilogy and Portal 1-2.
  • shawksta - November 23, 2012 1:08 p.m.

Isnt Sleeping dogs techncially a sequel gameplay/style wise to true crime meaning it takes place in the same universe, i dont know. Interesting article though
  • profile0000 - November 23, 2012 12:58 p.m.

There were all incredibly interesting to read, but the Final Fantasy one blew my mind. I had no clue that Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 took place in the same universe!
  • oryanbelt - November 23, 2012 1:28 p.m.

I assume you mean FFX and FFVII, but yeah that one blindsided me when I realized it.
  • profile0000 - December 3, 2012 11:56 a.m.

Ah, and you missed the joke.
  • rossGough - November 23, 2012 12:23 p.m.

What about Nier being the sequel (storywise) to the Drakkenguard games. That has to be one of the coolest unexpected connections ever.
  • ventanger - November 23, 2012 12:17 p.m.

LA Noire and Max Payne 3? I mean Max meets and talks to the main protagonist in LA Noire, then a retired charity worker. Surprised that wasn't mentioned.
  • Sjoeki - November 23, 2012 1:08 p.m.

Played both games but I never noticed that, good enough reason to pick those games up again.
  • BaronVonChhaya - November 24, 2012 1:28 a.m.

Holy Hell, really!? When does that happen!? I need to look this up!
  • The_Tingler - November 24, 2012 2:02 a.m.

Really?! I met that guy, I thought the fact that he was a retired cop with a family doing good work was merely just another hammering home about how much Max has lost. I never made the connection that he was Cole!
  • phoenix_wings - November 25, 2012 12:36 a.m.

How is that possible? Considering what happened at the end of LA Noire...
  • manu_erizo - November 25, 2012 7:12 a.m.

Yeah, I was about to post the same. Someone clearly didn't finish L.A. Noire.
  • StrayGator - November 23, 2012 10:11 a.m.

The starfighter in Ultima strikes me as more of a cameo, an "Ask me about LOOM" in SCUMM Bar, a carbonized Han Solo in Lego Indy, a thing that belongs in another article. Also, the last slide is at 7/9 for some reason.
  • StrayGator - November 23, 2012 10:13 a.m.

ah, fixed the slide order. nevermind.
  • Evanesco - November 23, 2012 9:54 a.m.

Two final fantasy games in the same universe. Never woulda thunk it.
  • iluvpkmnmonday - November 23, 2012 10:55 a.m.

Final Fantasy Tactics and FF12 take place in the same world, Ivalice. Not sure that really counts though since Tactics isnt part of the numbered franchise.
  • oryanbelt - November 23, 2012 1:26 p.m.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and FF12 connects, I know this for sure. Vaan and Penelo pop up during the course of the game and even become playable as well. Montblanc from the first Tactics Advance also pops up as a cameo which links Tactics to A2 and ergo to FF12. I don't know about the first Tactics, but they at least take place in the same world more than likely, abut at different periods in time.