Topics

Gamescom

• BladedFalcon - August 19, 2011 8:18 p.m.

*shrugs* no biggie. And I still prefer it way more over the 360 version simply cause in the PS3, it's just one disc. And even if it's mandatory, the install is much smaller, and the 360's probably gonna load a LOT without it. As it is, not completely sure, but i believe I do have more than enogh space in my PS3. Conversely, when I had my 360... it was an old 20 Gig model... So I would have been screwed then XD
  • Limbo - August 19, 2011 7:47 p.m.

The download for the 360 is bigger than my entire hard drive O.O
  • Kyo - August 19, 2011 6:51 p.m.

Holy damn lol 8gbs is too much for me.. I still own an original 60gb ps3 and don't plan to upgrade anytime soon.. and I refuse to delete stuff for another game, not after all the crap I went through after getting dcuo.. -_- I'm either changing my preorder to 360(if I can still get the limited edition don't know..) or I'm canceling it outright. :/ sucks for me.
  • ReasonableFanboy - August 19, 2011 6:48 p.m.

This is really no big deal. Considering there have been much smaller games with much larger installs (I believe Bioshock clocked in at 10) and that it's exceedingly simple to swap your HDD for a bigger one, there's not much to fret about.
  • kor2disturbed - August 19, 2011 6:44 p.m.

I have less than 500MB of space and I don't know why I don't have any PSN games.
  • tntbandicoot - August 19, 2011 6:33 p.m.

Haha, no big deal am up to terms with this, yipeeeee!
  • AnonymouZ - August 19, 2011 6:10 p.m.

out of 80 gigs i still have 40 left. this is no problem for moi xD
  • HereComesTheHypeTrainCHOOCHOO - August 19, 2011 6:01 p.m.

I'm not worried about a mandatory 8GB install, what I am ticked off about is that I can't install the whole game onto my PS3 harddrive like 360 owners can. When will some gaming journalist finally grow some balls and ask Sony that question? It should be an option for every game forward.
  • jmcgrotty - August 19, 2011 5:55 p.m.

MGS4 Content cut out? While there has always been rumors to what was "cut" from MGS4 to fit on a Blu-Ray, the only thing that has ever really come to light is that the Japanese language track wasn't included on English versions (along with rumors of English tracks not on Japanese versions. Not sure on that one either way). Not a big deal. And even that would have not been an issue if they didn't include Metal Gear Online on the disc in the first place. As for older HDD's, I have a 60gb release-day version and have filled less than 14gb total on it myself (Since I have common sense, I won't buy one without backwards compatibility, the single most important feature other than PS3 games themselves), and that includes the two games downloaded for the PSN situation. I have thought at times to upgrade the HDD, but the reality is that I don't need the space. A lot of my space is just used for virtual memory cards for PS1 and PS2 games.
  • shadowreaper72 - August 19, 2011 5:47 p.m.

Shit, I have so much downloaded shit on PS3 that I have absoutely NO ROOM WHATSOEVER TO INSTALL RAGE! I only have like 5 GBS left. Damn I guess I need to delete that free stuff I got from Sony then.
  • MattOfSteel - August 19, 2011 5:39 p.m.

Well if it was 2006 I would have guessed "It's over 9000!!!!! ... mBs" But if I would do that now, I'd just choke to death on all the dustbunnies falling off of an old meme.
  • MeanwhileGuy - August 19, 2011 5:23 p.m.

When I saw the article heading I assumed it would something ridiculous like 20gb, but 8gb really isn't all that much. I can think of a bunch of games that needed more space, most notably MGS4 and Gran Turismo 5.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - August 19, 2011 4:51 p.m.

I recently upgraded my hard drive from 60gb to 500gb so I'm happy about that. And the install isn't that bad, MGS4 was about 7th.
  • Darkhawk - August 19, 2011 4:45 p.m.

This reminds me of when Kojima cut content so MGS4 would fit on a single Blu-ray. And let's face it guys, if the arguable God of Sony Gaming cut his masterpiece to avoid storage problems, how the hell does just-another-FPS id Software come off forcing an install this size? Really, is this going to be the greatest game ever? (This is similar to how I feel about self-indulgently long movies. Unless you're David Lean and making "Lawrence of Arabia," there's no reason your generic action movie should be 3 hours long.)
  • reson8er - August 19, 2011 4:44 p.m.

My 750GB PS3 HDD says Meh. Bring it on.
  • big000 - August 19, 2011 4:36 p.m.

meh, have the 120GB version so no probs for me
  • RazorRaptor9 - August 19, 2011 4:33 p.m.

Wait, so the install for the xbox is 22gb? I'm actually not sure if mine has enough space on the hard drive.
  • BackwaterRifle - August 19, 2011 4:31 p.m.

@cmdates2991 Well that's obvious cause its on Blu-ray.
  • bilstar - August 19, 2011 4:29 p.m.

I don't think people should be so down on game installs. They (apparently) aid performance, they only have to be done once and if you have a 360, it doesn't sound like it's gonna take off when you're gaming. Nearly anything that'll make a game run better is fine with me.
  • cmdates2991 - August 19, 2011 4:19 p.m.

What? Go to your PS3 right now and check the install data for Fallout GOTY or maybe Borderlands GOTY Equally as large i believe. Just delete some install data for games you don't use. At least the PS3 version is on one disc I believe.