• Lazerbox - November 2, 2012 8:41 p.m.

Nathan Drake. He goes through many difficult situations, even when he was shot he managed to get out of a train wagon in the cliff, and survive in a desert without water, and there is a lot more bad things that happened to him, and he managed to get out of the bad situations. Even after the bad things that happened to him he still beat the bad guys.
  • hestar - November 2, 2012 4:41 a.m.

Link.The very first game I ever played was the Legend of Zelda and It was love at first sight (and got me into loving games).Zelda games are still being made today and they're always amazing.Link's the ultimate hero because not only does he always defeat evil,he defeats any hate you have in your heart and fills it with joy.
  • kujen - November 1, 2012 11:21 p.m.

Sonic the Hedgehog. Not just because the games are totally awesome, and that I was a bit obsessed with him when I was little. But he reminds me of myself, what with his rescuing of animals and love of chili dogs. Yes, I wathced the cartoons too. :P
  • Gram - November 1, 2012 10:49 p.m.

Mario, because he's just a plumber, yet he still manages to defeat all kinds of evil forces. It's inspiring in a way.
  • Chronorayven - November 1, 2012 8:49 p.m.

I'd have to say Leon S. Kennedy from his rookie zombie killing beginnings in RE2 to his badass fighting skills in RE4 and because he never gives up no matter the odds against him. Also having Ada as a nemesis slash love interests is a bonus too.
  • gkbadboy - November 1, 2012 4:42 p.m.

My favorite Hero of all time is Marcus Fenix! Through the Gears of War Trilogy he loses his Mother, Both of his best friends (Carlos and Dom), and his father.... Twice! You have to respect everything that he went through to save the human race!
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - November 1, 2012 3:15 p.m.

My favorite hero is Mordin from Mass Effect. (This will venture into spoiler territory) Sure, there are probably more obvious characters like Garrus or Shepard. They are clearly designed to be badasses, and they shoot guns good or some suchery. Mordin, however, has an actual character arc, one where he is forced to question his own moral philosophy. He's not designed to be an obvious badass, but everything he does actually makes him one. He was one of the few people in the galaxy smart enough to keep the Krogan contained, and one of the few who would come to realize that they deserved another chance. His story is one of genius, hubris, condemnation, reflection, and redemption. While Shepard is forced to sacrifice him/herself at the end of the game (it's not really sacrifice if you have no other option), Mordin chooses to die to correct his greatest sins and set the Galaxy back on a hopeful path. It was something he had to do, someone else would have gotten it wrong. That's why he's probably the best character in the game, and one of the most nuanced characters in the entire medium.
  • RadgarLaser2 - November 1, 2012 3:12 p.m.

Lucas. I whole heatedly agree with your description. He/she is the only hero that is not even relevant anymore as Earthbound/Mother has not released a new game in over 6 years (to me it more like 15) and Smash Bros. doesn't really count. "Lucas isn’t brave, or strong, or courageous--in fact, he’s actually more sensitive than the average JRPG character. But as the years pass, this delicate sunflower grows into an incredibly strong-willed protagonist capable of standing up to foes others simply don’t have the capability of defeating."
  • ConstantlyCheckingForBloodComingOutOfMyAntista - November 1, 2012 3:07 p.m.

Favorite gaming hero has to be Link, mainly for putting up with Navi.
  • ultimatepunchrod - November 1, 2012 7:38 a.m.

He may not be my absolute favorite, but he's one of the coolest. Sir Daniel Fortesque the resurrected skeleton knight from the Medievil games (yes, that's spelled correctly). He's one of my favorite heroes because he kind of sucks at being a hero. When he was still alive the king championed him as the best knight in the kingdom, but he actually wasn't very good at it. He died in the first charge into battle, so he did absolutely nothing to win the war against Zarok. However, the history of Gallowmere builds him up as the most important factor in the victory saying that "demons fell before him like wheat before the scythe". The cool thing about the game is that you kind of build Fortesque up to be the hero that history says he was and that the people of Gallowmere believe he is. So, the whole game is about you proving that Sir Dan is actually a hero and not the loser he was when he was alive. He does this while all of the real warriors in the Hall of Heroes berate or belittle him while giving him new weapons. Only a few of them actually seem to truly believe that he can be a hero. Also, him not having a bottom jaw while still trying to speak was usually hilarious.
  • SunniDee - October 31, 2012 12:43 a.m.

My favorite video game hero is easily neku. It being Neku because he starts out not giving a shit but changes in personality in a realistic way, i love his outfit it is cool and unique, he is also a character who gains extra power directly based directly on the trends going on in the fashion world, and he saves the day using PINS as in the little pin buttons you would wear saying you voted.
  • TigersEye85 - October 30, 2012 9:20 p.m.

I vote for Alan Wake. I know you already have a sad brooding middle age man seeking answers to disappearing family with Ethan Mars from Heavy Rain, but Alan Wake is more worthy to be on the top 100 list. Reasons: 1) Alan's backstory as an egotistic, borderline alcoholic, playboy plagued with writers block creates an immediate love/hate feeling for him. 2) He picks up paper foretelling terrifying things to come and chooses to continue on despite knowing what was coming. 3) Defeats evil with a flashlight and flare-gun. 4) The man wares a tweed jacket for crying out loud. Honorable mention goes to Vincent from Catherine who should have made the top 100 list. Anyone who can survive juggling 2 girlfriends and giant killer nightmare girlfriends in just boxers and a pillow is okay in my book.
  • Cyberninja - October 30, 2012 7:51 p.m.

My favorite game hero is The main Character from Persona 3, its not just that he saved the world its he saved it and made the greatest sacrifice in the process.
  • Lurkero - October 30, 2012 7:15 p.m.

I gotta go with my dog Missle from Ghost Trick. From the moment you meet him all he wants to do is protect those he loves and wow does he get the job done.
  • MeanGreenLarryGene - October 30, 2012 12:40 p.m.

I have got to go with Alex and Ryan from River City Ransom. Most people might say they are just rip offs of Billy and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon but come on people. Sure both duos are beating up thugs and gangs to save their girl friends but these boys are cultured. They can read books to gain new abilities, they can get in the sauna with naked dudes to refill stamina, they can buy sweet ass cowboy boots to kick harder and best of all they can flirt with chicks working at fast food joints and get a free smile. These two are true renaissance men. Plus those sweet Technos graphics.
  • indiegamer - October 30, 2012 12:33 p.m.

Since you used Danny Barnowsky in the intro. I'll have to go with Super Meat Boy. Mainly for everything he represents. The blood, sweat, and tears that people put into their indie games. A boy extremely vulnerable searching for his bandage girl to complete him. That if you work hard enough you can accomplish your dreams too!
  • Ironarm - October 30, 2012 12:16 p.m.

Link, but more precisely the Link from Wind Waker. Why? He isn't the hero of legend that is in the prophecies of Hyrule. He's just a kid trying to save his sister who happens to save the world. He is truly the greatest hero of all.
  • vent - October 30, 2012 11:20 a.m.

I'll go with a slightly unconventional choice with Tali'Zora from Mass Effect. Smart, lethal, and bizarrely sexy in a way only Bioware can successfully pull off.
  • JarkayColt - October 28, 2012 4:36 p.m.

This was a really great episode; it's good that the 'cast gave you all the chance to explain the entire top 100 list. I had to listen to it in 3 parts, but it was worth it! I also sent an email with the requested fanart, but since I never know which address to trust after the running joke of everyone screwing it up, I uploaded it to the net too just in case: http://jacktoon.deviantart.com/art/I-m-Finished-334866016
  • F4G1TR0N - October 28, 2012 11:20 a.m.

Gotta go with Vincent Brooks once again. In this part of my life, where things are not as certain as I would like them to be, it is good to see a protagonist as unsure as I am, make the journey to understand what he wants in life. It gives me hope to know that even if I do not know what will happen to me, as long as I keep persevering, I will be able to find my answer. Vincent, himself was a very like-able character, from design to personality. He's got charm and seems like he could be anybody going through a crisis.