• BladedFalcon - October 17, 2012 1:51 p.m.

Mutant Chronicles: Doom Troopers It's been a while, but I still have very vivid and bad memories about this SNES game when I played it back when i was probably around 8-9 years old. I had rented it mainly because of the cool sounding name, but I had no idea about anything else about the game. But what I saw when I started playing it, was the most unpleasant, disgusting, dark looking game I had seen at the time, and it left a really bad taste and impression in my mouth. And it wasn't that it was gory, but that it was just ugly looking, the enemy and character design was unpleasant to see, and most of all, the first boss was a thin yellow looking monster standing on top of a pile of bones that puked green slime at you. Again, at the time and being a little kid, I found it really repulsive, and it's the most distinct memory I have of a game back from when I was a kid that I've disliked.
  • 8bitBaby - October 16, 2012 1:18 p.m.

my first game i just out and out hated. festers quest. i liked the intro, but i just didn't get the game. it was dumb and odd, and a little boring.
  • 8bitBaby - October 16, 2012 1:09 p.m.

you guys crapped on dishonored SO HARD. and you're wrong. or boring. or your brain is broken. either way i suppose you're entitled to your opinion. but your still wrong. it's a good game :p as a writer/creator of stories, i am horrified that you guys didn't even explore the books and other text in the game. it helps flesh out the world in ways they couldn't stick into fully playable parts. you guys know that, you know how studio timelines are. this is a game site right? pfft! i guess it'll just be one of those games you'll wish you played 10 years from now, when people are reminiscing about it. or not, because your brains are broken. C:
  • bobby-portlock - October 16, 2012 6:26 a.m.

for me it took awhile, growning up all the nes, snes and megadrive games my family owned were good games, same with the n64,it took till the start of the gamecube cycle (which we got a launch we i was about 8, with Rogue Squadron,Sonic adventure 2 battle and Luigis mansion) for me to play some realize what i was playing was bad.now even sonic i enjoyed but that was due to playing it with my brother. the game was P.N.0.3. at first i loved it, graphics were amazing at the time, music was good, (also hot chick yay all ways good for kids). not the worst game ever made sure (dont find me Brelston) but its a corridoor shooter, and is basically a white hallway the whole game, apart from at the start. got so boring i never beat the game (but i did use the action replay to get the suit where you can see her ass cheeks, Score)
  • CountRichtertoffen - October 15, 2012 3:48 p.m.

Pokemon Channel for the GameCube. I thought that I really liked it when I first played it, and then a few months later, I came back to it and realized that it was incredibly boring.
  • Unoriginal - October 15, 2012 10:57 a.m.

Horny Teenagers do the darndest things. Erlier in my life when my hormones first began flowing there came along a game called Spider-Man: The Movie based on... Spider-Man: The Movie. A friend of mine told me that there was a cheat in the game where you could play as Mary Jane and at the end of the game Mary Jane would have a lesbian kiss with herself due to Peter Parkers character model being replaced by Mary Janes. This blew my 13 year old mind and the next day I marched to my shitty local grocery store witch at the time was the only place in my hometown (that is on an island) that carried any games and to my great pleasure, there it was. So I started playing and learned that playing a Spider-man game as anyone other than Spider-man is... kinda meh. Punching Vulture as Mary Jane just doesn't have the same feel to it. Playing the game as Mary Jane I could see past the games licence and judge the game on its core mechanics wich were shit. Shit combat, shit level design and shit swinging mechanics. This was new for me, I had never ever been bored by a game in my whole life and this story doesn't even have a happy ending because Mary Jane still talks with Tobey Maguires voice that, as it turns out, is a huge turn off. That game left me dissatisfied in so many ways.
  • RacoonHail - October 15, 2012 9:59 a.m.

I remember the Home Alone game on the NES. You were given x amount of time to set up all sorts of booby traps and obstacles for the two burglers. After the time was up they came into the house and began to search each room for you. Each room also had hiding places for you, as Kevin, to hide in, but they would only work once each I think. Once a trap was used, you could reset it and place it else where, but you had to go pick it up first. The goal was to last until the police came. I never go that far. Eventually the two burglers would catch you, no matter how many traps you place, how smart you planned each move, it just did not matter, the traps only knocked them down for a short period of time and they moved faster than you and you would run out of hiding places. It was impossible. I came to truly dislike that game, but it did teach me a valuable lesson for the future. All movie ports are crap, all of them. That has probably saved me a lot of money over the years.
  • zombi3grim - October 14, 2012 8:50 p.m.

Ive been gaming a LONG time, since the Atari 2600 days. Im sure there games back on SNES or NES that I hated but honestly, Im too old to remember. I DO remember a recent game I disliked ALOT. The Witcher 2. Made only worse when I realized it was created by some Polish nutjob. No thanks. I dont wanna play Polish RPGs....
  • Hotdogkilledyou - October 14, 2012 3:42 p.m.

The original Legend of Zelda. I was young and could not figure out what to do and thought it was stupid because it was top down sprites instead of chunky polygons like Ocarina. To be honest I still don't care for it.
  • Rash86 - October 14, 2012 1:06 a.m.

Mickey Mousecapade! We got it after my brother had borrowed the Capcom Chip and Dale game from a friend, so I already knew what a good Disney game should be like. Not only was it a terrible game (Minnie can die in hell) but compared to the Rescue Rangers game (in which the sprites actually looked like the characters) Mickey and Minnie looked like the Chinese Swap Meet ripoff versions of themselves.
  • n00b - October 13, 2012 9:51 p.m.

star fox assault
  • GR HollanderCooper - October 14, 2012 2:30 p.m.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
  • RODTheMaster - October 13, 2012 9:26 p.m.

As much as I now regret this fact, the first game I remember disliking was Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. When my best friend attempted to show me this particular game, my six year old self did not see a brilliant, goth-inspired adventure with gorgeous sprite animation and visuals, nor did I see a technical and innovative milestone in side-scroller game design, nor did I see a game that would come to define a franchise and single-handedly sustain a genre for years to come. No, I saw a boring "old-looking game" that was dumb and stupid and too confusing and too hard. Oh how wrong I was. As much as I regret passing on such a great game, I regret even more my decision to play Spyro the Dargon and Crash Bandicoot instead.
  • SoMi - October 13, 2012 8:45 p.m.

The first game I remember disliking is SimCity (the 256 color pc version). I was really young, and I hated that things didn't quite go how I wanted. Also, I didn't know how to turn off the natural disasters the first time I played it, and I was slightly traumatized when a major earthquake reduced a good portion of my city to rubble. I played it again a few years later and did a bit better, but I still have animosity toward the poor thing. (Also, I don't want a prize. I'm just answering because I can.)
  • KGFan - October 13, 2012 5:12 p.m.

First game I ever remember disliking was Wave Race 64 because I couldn't figure out how to control the wave racer properly. I would constantly lose through retiring because I would always go out of bounds. I'm sure it would be fun to play now, but not figuring out how to play it was like driving a car through straight ice. Also, because the guy would submerge into the water when retiring, whenever he got back up on the waveracer I thought the guy was a cartoonish version of a gorilla because of how his headgear looked, giving me a constant childhood fantasy looking back at that game of the crowd realizing what he was and starting to throw pies at him until he got off. It was only until a later play session days later that I retired on a beach and saw the racer pounding angrily at the waveracer when he retired, which then clearly showed to me that he was not indeed a gorilla because I could then clearly see the headgear as it was, though the gorilla waveracer fantasy still continued to stick to memories of that game, and still does so to this day.
  • JMarsella09 - October 13, 2012 5:14 a.m.

Is it wrong that I disliked Final Fantasy Tactics. I think I was just too young and I couldn't get into tactical RPGs. Mind you I got over it, but it was the first game I technically disliked.
  • codystovall - October 13, 2012 4:26 a.m.

I believe the first game I disliked was perhaps sonic heroes on gamecube. I didnt hate it but it was very frustrating and not very fun.
  • SpadesSlick - October 12, 2012 10:13 p.m.

Hey You Pikachu. Oh god, Hey You Pikachu. As a spry youngster I thought it would be kind of cool to talk and interact with my very own Pikachu. Little did I know my experience would consist entirely of screaming in vain at my pikachu to fish or pick up the right freaking object for hours on end only for it to blatantly disregard my every command. That was the day childhood optimism died a cold, lonely death.
  • archnite - October 12, 2012 8:34 p.m.

When I started gaming my uncle handed off his collection of superstar NES games so I didn't really play a bad game until my parents started bying me new games for the PS2. This game was Counter Strike, a console RTS so were off to a great start. Boot the game up and its some political nonsense worse than any Tom Clancy plot. The tutorial takes hours, every button has to be held to bring affect the effect of another button. But I stuck with it built up defenses around this little town as my base. See some bad guys coming so I hold R1 and L3 then press down to colonize. MY GUYS KILL EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THAT TOWN. Fail the mission, hadn't gotten to a save point in three hours since starting the game. DUMPSTER.