• ChaoticGenius - June 21, 2013 3:20 p.m.

And to answer the question of the week: If you think about it, there was not a playable demo, actually nothing really on GTA 5, Saint's Row 4 had a playable demo, but nope, GTA 5 was a no show
  • BladedFalcon - June 21, 2013 3:23 p.m.

But why did you ever think you'd see it? It's a very well known fact that Rockstar avoids E3 like the plague...
  • ChaoticGenius - June 21, 2013 3:52 p.m.

Well I expected it because saint's row 4 was there and i thought that they are both like in competition with each other to see which one is the better sandbox game
  • BladedFalcon - June 21, 2013 4:10 p.m.

...That's not how it works though. Rockstar has never even acknowledged the Saints Row Series as competition, and Saint's Row as a series has gone so far into the deep end, that they're barely comparable anymore. Not to mention, everyone knows GTA V is going to sell like crazy with, or without a Saint's Row game coming up. Basically, Rockstar as a whole have never felt like they needed E3, and sales of their games so far have proven them right. So honestly, if you were a bit more informed about the company's history, you'd known there was no way GTA V would make an E3 appearance. In this last decade, their titles have only appeared when other companies bring them up, (like MS's reveal of GTA IV coming to 360.) and even then, the games had zero presence in the actual show floor.
  • ChaoticGenius - June 21, 2013 4:23 p.m.

OK. thanks for the clarification on why they weren't there, well now I know why, BUT I would have still liked for there to have been a playable demo of GTA 5, but i guess that is just me though
  • BladedFalcon - June 21, 2013 4:56 p.m.

Fair enough. I mean, I do agree that most people would definitely love to see a playable version of the game. It's just that there's no way that would have happened at E3 XD Perhaps soon enough though, I hope (:
  • shawksta - June 21, 2013 4:03 p.m.

That's pretty normal, Rockstar never goes to E3
  • ChaoticGenius - June 21, 2013 3:16 p.m.

You know how you guys said that the way to kill used games is by buy digital games that are on sale, well actually, yes i do agree with you, BUT they would have to do something like Steam does now where sales happen every week and games are usually 50-75% off. On Steam you can get a $50 for about $15 and I am totally OK with that. HOWEVER, will consoles ever do sales like those on Steam?? Honestly, probably not... ergo, used games.
  • shawksta - June 21, 2013 4:06 p.m.

They won't, frankly there are devs that absolutely hate Steam Sales, but it happens anyways
  • ChaoticGenius - June 21, 2013 4:27 p.m.

exactly my point. ergo, the reason why used games exist, and if it ever happens that used games do eventually go away I guess it is PC all the way for me then.
  • winner2 - June 21, 2013 3:01 p.m.

I actually wasn't disappointed at all, I got what I wanted this year. Kind of sad...I don't get to win a prize because I'm already satisfied and happy.
  • BladedFalcon - June 21, 2013 2:49 p.m.

Screw Star Fox, F-Zero, And Metroid. I wanted to hear about a New Advance Wars game. Considering the success of Fire Emblem: Awakening, I was getting my hopes up that they'd reveal a new AW game soon... Guess I should have known better ):
  • GAYMER - June 21, 2013 2:16 p.m.

I knew it was a long shot ( a really, really, really long shot), but I was hopping Square would announce the FF7 remake as a launch title for the next gen consoles.
  • Cyberninja - June 21, 2013 2:14 p.m.

Any big new game for Vita sure Tearaway looks cool and all but the vita deserves better and the 3DS is getting pokemon where is the next big thing for Vita that will make people want to go out and buy it? until that game comes out my Vita is just a PS1 emulator.
  • StrayGator - June 21, 2013 2:11 p.m.

QOTW: Uncle Pey'j! They promised us Uncle Pey'j bwaaaaaaaa
  • wadesmit - June 21, 2013 2:42 p.m.

... I squealed loudly in excitement in front of my girlfriend when she told me BG&E2 was "coming to E3". And then I wept alone.
  • winner2 - June 21, 2013 2:58 p.m.

I literally laughed out loud at this, that's the saddest picture