Sept 10, 2007
Put pedal to the metal! Or something. SimBin's released a demo of its PC racing sim Race 07: Official WTCC Game, which features two tracks and online multiplayer that supports up to 24 petrol heads.
Anderstorp, Sweden and Brands Hatch, UK, are the tracks in question, and the cars available include the BMW E90 and the Seat, along with the Formula 3000 class.
Here's a nice bullet-pointed feature list, coming to you via the wonders of copy and paste:
- Alternative action camera for a greater sense of speed from cockpit
- Helmet cam view for open cockpit cars
- New driver animations with helmet visor Tear Off effects
- New dynamic weather effects for helmet visors and windshields
- Customized skin support
- Multiplayer with up to 24 opponents, or fill up the field with AI cars
You can download the demo from www.race-game.org.
The full game, due out Oct 1 (US), features the full FIA WTCC season of 2007 including all cars and tracks - in addition to several new support classes and tracks from all over the world. The game also features the full WTCC season of 2006 which was included in the game's predecessor RACE - The WTCC Game, released in 2006 on PC.