• Pumbli - September 18, 2009 1:26 p.m.

Sonic the Hedgehog and Golden Axe for my Genesis, I was so proud of myself, even though it was money my mom gave me for cleaning my room 2 or 3 times I felt like I was doing something heroic.
  • GR_JustinTowell - September 18, 2009 12:51 p.m.

Sonic Jam on Sega Saturn, which I bought with my first money from my Saturday job at W H Smith at 15 years old. I can still remember it sitting on the shelf in Pink Planet Games Exchange with the 'New' sticker on it and how I exclaimed really loudly 'Oh my god it's only £32.99!' because new Saturn games were about £50 usually. My dad told me to shush cos they might realise they'd made a mistake. Wow, was that really 12 years ago? Happy days :)
  • ACGUY - September 18, 2009 4:37 a.m.

The first game I ever bought on my own was pokemon silver got it when I was six. I worked my butt off for the game and it was worth it. While all the stupid kids in my class made lemonade stands. I used a wheelchair we had stashed in our went door to door saying I need money for charity to help "handy capped people like me" in two days I was owning Lugia ass with Pikachu!
  • Stretches - September 18, 2009 1:49 a.m.

When i was 11 a bundle came out for xbox. It was "xbox console, halo, halo 2" i was like WAAA!? having playd halo at my mates place i decided to make that xbox my goal. i mowed lawns for a few months and my birthday passed so i ended up with about $300 just enough to buy the Xbox.. i diddnt need to buy a game for 6 moer months. those 2 games where the best games i have ever and will ever play.
  • infern0 - September 17, 2009 11:05 p.m.

garfield: a week of garfield for the NES also know as the most rage enducing game known to mankind seriously go play it now, go on I will be waiting.
  • jakab11 - September 17, 2009 10:24 p.m.

Pokemon Gold for Gameboy Color. My parents bought me blue but i wanted the new one, gold, too so of course I bought it, what 6 year old kid wouldn't?
  • 2muchGuitarHero - September 17, 2009 10:23 p.m.

I think it was spyro 2 for the ps1. I was walking past the local games shop and saw this purple dragon smirking at me. That made it an immediate purchase for me. It was the start of highs and lows in videogames for me, It was the first game that I completed ALL ON MY OWN, no help from older brothers, cheat guides etc. I was also so addicted to it it became a catalyst to me failing a test for the first time. I purchased it recently and have so much fanboyish love I made sure to complete it 100% It is now the first (and only) game I have completed 100%
  • prahanormal - September 17, 2009 9:58 p.m.

If I'm not mistaken, Half Life 2 for the PC.
  • kissmeimgreek - September 17, 2009 9:48 p.m.

i bought a used a copy of star wars episode 1 racer when i was about 6 or 7. i had previously rented it and fell in love with it and purchased it after saving money for weeks by doing dishes and other oddjobs. Not even GT or Forza can stand in the way of my love of this awesome and fun game! Ill always remeber this game as one of my favorite games that i still play on a regular basis (despite the terrible Framerate).
  • helix92 - September 17, 2009 9:39 p.m.

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer (dunno what it was called in the US), it had a purple dragon on it and i had some money, wtf was I supposed to do... Aaah, fond memories of double jumping and lack of analogue sticks. Why does Spyro suck so bad now??? reCAPTCHA: Sullivan urinated riiiiiight??
  • loonyman978 - September 17, 2009 9:36 p.m.

i think it was the second crash bandicoot for PS1. I had got Crash 3 for christmas and loved the hell out of it so i wanted to get another one. unfortunantly the only one they had in the shop was Crash 2 so i naturally jumped at it, believeing it to be in the same line of epic as 3. it wasn't.
  • H2A2I00 - September 17, 2009 9:09 p.m.

The first game I bought was fallout3 and that was one of the best purchases i have ever made.
  • TrigunGunner - September 17, 2009 8:25 p.m.

the first game I bought by myself was none other than the original Super Smash Bros for the N64. Man, that was a great game. I still play Super Smash Bros brawl once in a while, which uses the same formula and gameplay. But despite how long and how often I've played the games with my friends and the terrible online for Brawl, the only character I can use fairly well is Kirby.
  • Snarf - September 17, 2009 7:54 p.m.

The first game my brother and I ever bought was Halo 2. I don't know how we did it though, we were too young for jobs and we didn't have a weekly allowance or anything, no way of obtaining money, but we somehow managed to buy Halo 2 for the Xbox because it blew our minds at our friends' house.
  • Felixthecat - September 17, 2009 7:53 p.m.

Oh dear God no, dont make me mention it! PLEASE!!! Ah, deep breaths, okay. The first game i ever brought was Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. Yuck, i hate saying that. Spyro used to be, next to Mario, my favourite games character ever, but when i played SETD, everything changed. It was annoying, tedious, crap and most importantly, as hard as Master Chief's shoulders. I hated it, and i still do. Believe me, its harder than both Ikaruga and Ninja Gaiden combined, and thats an understatment.
  • GamerTagsSuck - September 17, 2009 7:50 p.m.

Oh lord that was way back. I think it was Ocarina of Time actually. I had been renting it over and over because I was a stupid kid that didn't know you could buy games. I had never gotten anywhere either because the rented one always had files so I just messed around on those and didn't know what to do. when I finally bought it it took me... about a year to beat it.
  • Cyberninja - September 17, 2009 7:44 p.m.

the first game i bought for myself would be tetris for the gameboy it was about $5 dollars at a yardsale the best $5 i ever spent
  • nadrewod999 - September 17, 2009 7:42 p.m.

I am not sure what the last game for me was: I think it was Spider-Man 2, believe it or not, although I think I also bought Assassin's Creed, inFamous, LBP, The Force Unleashed, Bad Company, and possibly a few others on my own as well.
  • Ekythump3 - September 22, 2009 1:56 a.m.

The first game I bought on my own was Resident Evil on Playstation 1.My first game played on PC (which is the only platform I play now)was the original Deus Ex.
  • r3ap3r - September 21, 2009 2:13 a.m.

super mario kart double dash.