Topics

Poll PS Vita

• joemama - January 13, 2012 9:07 a.m.

no because I have 5 3ds's
  • Primed - January 13, 2012 9:20 a.m.

Why do you have 5 3DS's...?
  • db1331 - January 13, 2012 10:15 a.m.

Maybe he likes to party.
  • soggysage - January 13, 2012 9:05 a.m.

I'm interested but the launch titles don't do much for me.
  • BlueScorpion91 - January 13, 2012 9:05 a.m.

Yepp, I am. I'm pre-ordering it tomorrow and then play the old waiting game. Still torn on which game to get with it though. Shinobido 2 looks good, so maybe that. And I'm not getting the 3G model as my Xperia PLAY(I know I sound like I've come off the Sony wagon, lol) has a portable WiFi mode. :D
  • flare149 - January 13, 2012 9:02 a.m.

I think GR is focusing too much on the price. For me that's not as much of a concern as software. I really like the potential of the Vita, but I want to see some of those online capabilities. If I can play games like CoD online on the go, I'm sold for sure on it. As it stands though there aren't really any big multiplayer games coming out for the system at launch with PS3 cross compatibility except Wipeout, and so that's why I'll probably wait. It either needs new software or online for me, and right now it's just rehashes of other games
  • ParagonT - January 13, 2012 9:39 a.m.

I feel that the price is a valid concern. I live in a low economic area while attending college so pricing is a very big issue for me. If you don't have a price limit on what you'll spend money for, then your very lucky. My problem is only dependent on my situation although, so I can't speak for more than my area. Your definitely right about software and hardware, but a serious question; Is online capabilities important with a handheld? I rarely catch myself at a place outside of my home where there is decent Wifi and I spend more than thirty minutes at. Thoughts?
  • ithurtstopoop - January 13, 2012 8:53 a.m.

I think I'll wait for the VITA-LITE...... I'll see myself out
  • ACE-VAMP - January 13, 2012 8:51 a.m.

after playing it last september it's a must have buy. pre oredered it ages ago can't wait to play it again
  • BlueScorpion91 - January 13, 2012 9:06 a.m.

You bastard, you went to Eurogamer Expo? You bastard, lol. :D OJ
  • ACE-VAMP - January 13, 2012 9:13 a.m.

hehe i sure did lol
  • BlueScorpion91 - January 13, 2012 9:24 a.m.

I had one of the invites to jump the cue on the vita booth, but didnt end up going :(
  • ACE-VAMP - January 13, 2012 9:56 a.m.

should of went it was good, i had a playstation access pass to skip the que for the vita but was with people so waited. was worth the wait getting to play Uncharted Golden Abyss and also getting a picture taken with some hot woman promoting the vita wipeout game in a very tight wipeout outfit :D
  • EnragedTortoise1 - January 13, 2012 8:44 a.m.

I'll be getting it for my birthday a month or two after launch, just to see if it'll really be worth it before I make my move.
  • jcsackboy - January 13, 2012 8:42 a.m.

Eh, the smartphones are getting really powerful and soon after the Vita, there is going to be an Android phone that will run the same or better. Even thought touch screen controls suck, they will probably come out with better attachments with joysticks and stuff.
  • db1331 - January 13, 2012 8:38 a.m.

After learning of its lackluster launch in Japan, where they are absolutely crazy about mobile gaming, I think the Vita will pull a 3DS and have a significant price drop not long after launch. I think I'll wait and see. I got the Zelda 3DS bundle for $180 by waiting. Honestly the appeal of the Vita for me isn't any of its games, like Uncharted or MGS, but the ability to play PSone classics on the go.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - January 13, 2012 8:44 a.m.

You can do that already. It's called a PSP.
  • db1331 - January 13, 2012 10:18 a.m.

I misspoke there. I didn't mean to sound like I had NO interest in any Vita titles, just that I liked the idea of playing stuff like the old RE games or FFV11 on the go. I don't want to drop $100(?) on a PSP when I could get a Vita for a just a bit more in a Black Friday sale or something.
  • CitizenWolfie - January 13, 2012 8:44 a.m.

Agreed. The poor Japan launch has done nothing but persuade me to wait for the inevitable price drop.
  • Joco84 - January 13, 2012 8:33 a.m.

i'd rather av a thick shake maaate!
  • KidKatana - January 13, 2012 8:34 a.m.

You muggin' me off?!