We Recommend

• JCross3 - April 12, 2011 12:54 a.m.

Favorite starter is definetly Turtwig. Torterra rules.
  • Riche666 - April 12, 2011 12:38 a.m.

Totodile orrrrr Pikachu. I guess I choose Totodile...
  • bigwill1221 - April 12, 2011 12:34 a.m.

Favorite starter of all time: pikachu! God was so rough fighting brock with him D=, but defeating him made it worth all the effort=D
  • masterjoe123 - April 12, 2011 12:34 a.m.

Mudkip dominates as the best starter.
  • SparkMandrilSP - April 12, 2011 12:28 a.m.

My favorite starter has always been the fire starter in every single generation. But if I had to chose only one I would have to go with tepig, while he is kind of weak in the beggining and only learns a few good moves, once it evolves into Emboar it becomes one of the most awesome looking and useful pokemon you can have in your team, (it can even learn a water move!). Charmander, cyndaquil, torchic, they are all awesome, but the pig has definitely become my favorite.
  • HankVenture - April 12, 2011 12:26 a.m.

My favorite starter is Charmander. I know yall don't think to highly of him but the reason I even got into pokemon back during red and blue was because my friend had a lot of pokemon cards and the first one I saw was his classic edition charmander were he is looking back and a volcano is blowing fire into the air. It made him seem so BadA** and amazing that I had to get buy a gameboy and Pokemon Red I trained him up to level 88 but got bored of it cause I had no one to trade with :\
  • Andrewwwww - April 12, 2011 12:25 a.m.

Charmander.
  • jitteryjigglypuff - April 12, 2011 12:23 a.m.

I like the first and final evolutions of both Squirtle and Chikorita.
  • AirickG - April 12, 2011 12:07 a.m.

Squirtle, but Snivy is coming very close. I love that smug bastard
  • Z-man427 - April 12, 2011 12:06 a.m.

I always start with the water starter on my first play-through. I think Squirtle is definitely my favorite starter, but Totodile is a close second.
  • wharcraff - April 11, 2011 11:59 p.m.

Sooo... i herd u liek mudkips? Me too. Also Hope to find out what the likely deadline for the Victini event is? Since I heard it was extended.
  • ice_sneasel - April 11, 2011 11:59 p.m.

im not sure if this is just main games so overall Eevee and in the main games treeko because i got a shiny of it
  • Innounci - April 11, 2011 11:59 p.m.

ULTIMATE MUSCLE FTW!!! WITH MY RICE I LIKE TO EAT SOME COW, COW, C-...er...sorry...pokemon...kinda disappointed no one likes umbreon, but jolteon is prolly my second place. As for fav starter? Charmander, Totodile, Mudkip, Chimchar...these are words i would have thrown about a year ago, but since b/w, I'd say they all pale in comparison to the might, grandeur, and adorableness that is OSHAWOTT...oshaoshaosha.... reCAPTCHA: valuable nabodu...it's valuable
  • rileyjack08 - April 11, 2011 11:52 p.m.

Bulbasaur is definitely my favorite starter. His evolutionary family is perhaps still the best example of what Pokemon evolution is.
  • SteampunkJim - April 11, 2011 11:52 p.m.

Cyndaquil forever! I played a ton of red, but I played gold to DEATH, and Cyndaquil was my boy. You know those onboard save game batteries that GB games have? People are starting to have to replace those. Me? I burned out the save battery on my gold WITHIN A YEAR. Had to send it in for repairs and everything.
  • Bamph - April 11, 2011 11:50 p.m.

Favourite starter: A tie between Charmander & Cyndaquill... I always liked how you started Colosseum with both an Espeon and Umbreon though :)
  • gopikmin - April 11, 2011 11:46 p.m.

my fav starter is feraligator Since this is pokemon monday, I like to mention a cool tower defense. It is called pokemon tower defense and can be found on newgrounds or downloaded on their website: http://samdangames.blogspot.com/p/game-download-links.html.
  • jmeich98 - April 11, 2011 11:45 p.m.

My favorite starter of all time is squirtle. I always chose squirtle when I got my starter or whenever I get the chance to get one. However I also like Tepig.
  • DJQQ - April 11, 2011 11:40 p.m.

I don't often use the starters in the long run, but Cyndaquil is by far my favorite. @510 Vaporeon and Espeon have always been my favorites too!
  • norwegiankingofnames - April 11, 2011 11:39 p.m.

Eevee from XD. also cyntaquil and mudkipz