We Recommend

• ThatGamerDude - February 25, 2012 10:31 p.m.

Well, time to go trade in the 3DS... I feel like were going backwards in time. Either way those new kyurem forms still creep me out. Its like game freak wants to fuse pokemon now.
  • RushLight - February 25, 2012 10:44 p.m.

Why would you trade in your 3DS? The can play DS games perfectly fine...
  • ThatGamerDude - February 25, 2012 11:58 p.m.

Just planning ahead. If I trade in my 3DS, ill have extra cash to get the game. Besides the 3DS just doesn't feel as comfortable to me than the DS lite did.
  • joeycrump - February 26, 2012 3:14 a.m.

lmao this is terrible logic have fun with your outdated system (also trading in a 3ds is likely to barely get you enough to buy one of these games, wih no ds for it. have fun getting $40 for your $250/$170 system)
  • Ultimadrago - February 26, 2012 8:52 a.m.

Outdated? This announcement says otherwise. Only one reason you're getting so laughably defensive. You salty, man. Stay mad, crump. Stay mad.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - February 26, 2012 9:14 a.m.

Butthurt AND judging logic? Oh dear.
  • SveedishFeesh - February 25, 2012 10:22 p.m.

I'm not sure how to feel about this...
  • bobob101 - February 25, 2012 9:53 p.m.

This calls for a Pokemon Monday!!
  • Ultimadrago - February 25, 2012 8:44 p.m.

Hahahaaaa! I am hugging my DS Lite right now. Yet another good reason for me NOT buying a 3DS. Thanks Game Freak! :D
  • joeycrump - February 26, 2012 3 a.m.

so basically you're saying if you had a 3ds you wouldn't be able to play this ha.
  • Hobogonigal - February 25, 2012 8:41 p.m.

Wow, I really didn't expect this! Count me in!
  • BackwaterRifle - February 25, 2012 8:01 p.m.

This is a shot in the dark, but I say this will be the first time the game and the anime will synchronize closely together for the first time since yellow, because the I think the anime will be taking a break from Ash and co.
  • soren7550 - February 25, 2012 7:46 p.m.

I think I can say on behalf of everyone, I did not see this coming in the slightest.
  • RushLight - February 25, 2012 7:58 p.m.

Ditto. Pun SO intended.
  • BackwaterRifle - February 25, 2012 7:35 p.m.

Well, this isn't what anyone expected, and this is also leaving me without anything to say due to the fact that that the core series of Pokemon never really changes.
  • shawksta - February 25, 2012 8:12 p.m.

That really depends on what you consider core changes. Natures and Abilities changed it, Double battles changed it, new unique affecting moves changed it, and now triple battles with positioning and Rotation battles which is unique considering new strategies. With that said the core gameplay have gotten improved over the years and now, and the core mechanics of being a turnbased rpg will never change cause thats what makes the series, want anything else, play the spin offs.
  • IceBlueKirby - February 25, 2012 7:10 p.m.

I kept wanting to buy Black or White but I always ended up passing on them due to price. Now that I know these are coming I'll keep waiting so I can get what will presumably be a better version.
  • rainn'sgaydar - February 25, 2012 9:35 p.m.

Unless these are more like sequels, in which case you'd probably need to play one or the other to follow what happens in these. The way they're talking (although it's quite early and I'm speculating) it seems like these are sequels to Black and White, rather than remakes. If you like Pokemon at all though, Black and/or White are well worth the price. I think they're the best to date (although I haven't played R/S/E).
  • shawksta - February 25, 2012 6:21 p.m.

So Kyrurem turns into Reshiram and Zekrom or something, INTERESTING, we need more info, we'll have to wait.
  • Personamanxx - February 25, 2012 6:05 p.m.

Groovy. I'll keep up to date with this. I'm not one to buy games from the same generations though. If they are in fact new games I'll probably get it. I gotta say though, I find it hilarious that everyone's pissed that this is coming out for the original DS. No shit people. They're waiting for the six Gen games to hop on the 3DS.
  • Japanaman - February 25, 2012 5:52 p.m.

It doesn't matter if you're Black or White. You're both awesome games.
  • Moondoggie1157 - February 25, 2012 5:48 p.m.

Fucking awesome! When the Pokedex said that Kyurem had been frozen solid, I wondered what it looked like originally... This might answer that. I'm all for another new set of Pokemon, give me more to catch. This is a game I'm buying and will be playing the shit out of. I don't care if it's just a redub like yellow, crystal, emerald or platinum, I'll still buy it, and I'll still love it. I can only pray that there is the ability to create new Pokemon through breeding a la Monster Rancher... Can you fucking imagine?