• BladedFalcon - June 6, 2012 9:45 p.m.

As exciting as the Big daddy reveal was, I am actually less sold on this game than before. I REALLY don't like the system than in order to win, or "score" you have to build up bars and kill people with them. It's simply not a fair system, because some characters have better specials than others, and because you kill people just by hitting them with the special, there's not even an advantage of a special that's close range and hard to connect. Whereas in ANY other fighter, that would mean that special would deal far more damage comparatively, since it's harder to pull off. Besides, it's just stupid, if I hit an enemy with an attack, I want to see an effect on HIM, I want to impact him negatively with a health bar, or at least increased vulnerability like the SSB do. Not build a special that that ALSO increases when you get hit. This actually makes it so a idiot that's getting deservedly pummeled only gains a special bar for his ineptitude, and then possibly kill the person previously pummeling him with the special. Making the loser "win" without real merit. They might include in the most awesome characters of Sony or other third parties, but as long as they have that bullshit system, I'm really not looking forward to it.
  • debiate5 - June 6, 2012 10:39 p.m.

^ Pretty much.
  • GR HollanderCooper - June 6, 2012 11:35 p.m.

I complained about that back when I wrote my initial preview, but decided to go into it this time with a COMPLETELY clear mind... and still hated that about it. BUT, I think with Stock mode, it might not be an issue. We'll see.
  • Person5 - June 7, 2012 2:38 a.m.

This has been my issue with the game, if you're going to make an SSB clone, make an SSB clone, don't think just because you're changing something its for the better.
  • BladedFalcon - June 7, 2012 4:52 a.m.

"Stock" mode? Not sure I've heard of that yet. And well, yeah, overall I'll just wait to see how the game ultimately ships. Though I can't help but to be annoyed by their decision to make the system work like that.
  • CrashmanX - June 7, 2012 11:26 a.m.

You've played SSB but you've never heard of "Stock" mode? Stock mode means you get X amount of lives before you're out of the game all together. My hopes is they include an HP or % mode so that it would be more like Brawl. Hell an HP mode would probably be the best way to do it without outright copying SSB. Yes I know SSB has an HP mode as well.
  • BladedFalcon - June 7, 2012 12:18 p.m.

I played both the original SSB for N64, and SSB Melee for the Gamecube... Which came out over more than 10 years ago. So yeah, you'll forgive me for not quite remembering all of the modes the game had XD And well... A stock mode with the current system still doesn't sound like it would fix anything, if the way to take other's lives is still by just using super moves. And even if they DID include these extra modes, if they are secondary modes and not the main way to play the game, then it's still a heavily flawed package.
  • SerpentineZERO - June 7, 2012 6:42 a.m.

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. I don't mind that it's a blatant clone, but the fighting system looks broken.
  • debiate5 - June 6, 2012 9:25 p.m.

I want to play this for no other reason to stab and shoot Nathan Drake in the face repeatedly.
  • debiate5 - June 6, 2012 9:30 p.m.

Oh, and I want Abe from Oddworld, and Sir Dan from MediEvil in this game.
  • CrashmanX - June 7, 2012 11:27 a.m.

YES! Sir Dan would be wonderful!
  • yoyks95 - May 31, 2012 12:38 p.m.

isaac from deadspace. HOW AWESOME WHOULDNT THAT BE :D
  • Sickooo - May 30, 2012 5:46 p.m.

they gotta add the robots from portal. i mean come on how awesome would that be? they could play similar to the ice climbers from Smash Bros i imagine
  • Jacko415 - June 6, 2012 9:35 p.m.

but... they cant move. stationary turrets...
  • BackwaterRifle - June 6, 2012 10:17 p.m.

THink he is refering to Atlas and P-body
  • ExtraCheese - April 30, 2012 11:14 a.m.

If Klonoa, Spyro and Crash arent in this game I will cry
  • SketchLemon - April 30, 2012 6:49 a.m.

I want to play as a flower. From flower.
  • WINNER: Dark Souls - April 30, 2012 3:58 a.m.

I SINCERELY believe that they should include the Ra-Seru wielding Vahn, Noa, and Gala in All-Stars from (1999's?) Legend of Legaia. God, that game was so underrated.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - April 29, 2012 1:31 p.m.

Hell yeah Spyro. But if they put in the Skylanders version I am going to have an aneurysm
  • MyStupidUserNameWontWork - May 16, 2012 10:01 a.m.

Sly racoon, oh yeah he'd be there... Yeah, Kratos is pretty badass... Parappa...OK why the hell not Jak Ratchet Crash wouldn't really be a PS game without 'em... ...Wait Tomba TOMBA F******TOMBAF*** YES OH MY F****** GOD YES YESYESYES...YES Klonoa Oh my god KLONOA how did I ever forget this guy holy crap...YES
  • lemur - April 29, 2012 9:26 a.m.

If the Patapons are in the game then this will be a day one game for me.