• ChaosEternal - December 10, 2012 4:49 p.m.

I'm kind of conflicted about this new layout. On one hand, it reminds me of the layout The Escapist adopted a while back, which I hated as I found it to be confusing and is the main reason I stopped visiting there often. On the other hand, this GR's new layout is definitely easier to acces, and I like how the interesting content shown at the top of the homepage is displayed. It is also nice to be able to simply scroll down to load more articles. It is also very nice to see a sampling of comments below each article and to be able to post comments from the homepage. On the downside, I feel it is much harder to determine the chronological order of articles on first glance. (Though I am sure there is a simple to remember order underlying it, I will just need to look at a few articles before I learn it.) Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about it, though I think I am tipping towards the "like it" side. However, considering I saw it for thirty seconds and then rushed to post this, it is not surprising that I cannot form an accurate opinion. Time shall tell how I truly feel about it. Regardless, keep working to improve the site and the work you guys do!
  • GR_SophiaTong - December 10, 2012 5:27 p.m.

The feed is chronological, just not in your typical linear top down format so it does bounce from left to right, right to left. Technically anything higher means it's newer :)
  • Daruniah - December 10, 2012 4:29 p.m.

It kinda looks like Gamespot from a few years ago mixed with Joystiq's color sensibilities.
  • XanderGC - December 10, 2012 3:49 p.m.

Sweet looking site GR! My only nitpick is the grey colour if only it were a tad lighter but other than that it looks great. You're doing a great job Sophia! :D
  • GR_SophiaTong - December 10, 2012 4:58 p.m.

Thanks XanderGC!
  • gopikmin - December 10, 2012 3:41 p.m.

Only thing I have a (small) problem with the redesign is the color of the page background. I'm not really sure why but it seems like a boring hue of gray, not really exciting for a gaming site. Otherwise, it's absolutely great.
  • steveo-gameo - December 10, 2012 3:40 p.m.

PLEASE READ real feedback here. The featured content is great it will cause more page views and more stories accessed by the gamers/readers. It also saves space and gets a lot more done with less. The Top games and up coming games is the best new update that will effect trending games and stories. Great stuff that will improve the over all audience in many ways. however I think you need to think about the effect that the feature "the stream" will cause. It makes it easy to read and comment on post from the front/home page, however it also will make users to NOT read the story. Causing post commenting before the story is even looked over or read by the poster. The average user will NOT view more pages but less. The top part of the website will get users to view and read more pages with a text over picture setup. But the stream should have at least a small briefing of the story. I would also expect more trolling/rude comments by users that read titles of the story only and then post on them on the stream.
  • GR_SophiaTong - December 10, 2012 5:28 p.m.

Thanks for your feedback, that's a good point about the comments. We'll have to see how people adapt to it. So far no trolling, but it's the internet, it's only a matter of time XD
  • Person5 - December 10, 2012 2:30 p.m.

When I got here today I was only half awake, so when i saw the site I clicked my GR bookmark again assuming I just misclicked, it took a second to register what happened. The new site looks pretty cool and I'm glad the articles work with Chrome again. Also I agree with whoever said this, bring the forums back! As much as I love having discussions in articles, I'd love forums even more, then I'd have absolutely no reason to ever leave GR.
  • Person5 - December 10, 2012 2:31 p.m.

Also maybe add an edit option for posts, it seems a bit absurd how old this site is and that is still not a thing.
  • KishouTenpi - December 10, 2012 12:45 p.m.

The new layout is gorgeous! I've just spent half an hour feeling around and I think I'll get used to it!
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 10, 2012 12:29 p.m.

This is awesome, loving the new design!
  • profile0000 - December 10, 2012 12:28 p.m.

The layout's much cleaner and vibrant, but yes, it is very confusing at first. I like it a lot though. Keep up the good work
  • Oliolioliooo - December 10, 2012 12:14 p.m.

This layout is much friendlier and easy to pick up. Love you GR!
  • jackthemenace - December 10, 2012 10:55 a.m.

The new design is absolutely gorgeous. Whoever designed it should not only be giving an OBE and a knighthood, but also be crowned king. That said, yeah, what everyone else has been saying. For the people that only pop in now and then, the front page being full of the most popular stuff is good, but if I'm visiting to check in two or three times a day, it seems like finding the newest articles is going to be a bit of a faff. Admittedly, I've not REALLY played around with it yet, but it'd be nice to have one tab with a feed showing all the new stuff, rather than just the latest from each individual tab.
  • SunniDee - December 10, 2012 10:52 a.m.

At first it was overwhelming, but after getting a feel for it i found to love it. It is much cleaner and easier to navigate, especially on my ipod. I can also excited for the forums coming back on which will give the site more life.
  • ParagonT - December 10, 2012 10:51 a.m.

I like the new sleek look, its wonderful, but would it be possible to make the Top Games and Top Galleries sections to the side where Trending Discussions is? They seem to be taking up a huge amount of space and is more space in-between The Stream and Featured Content, which in my own personal opinion, think is your 'bread and butter'. Besides that, it is disorienting at first due to the lack of color emphasis that directs the viewers to the most important content first. But with a little time users will get used to it. =) Overall its a good layout, with a few minor things that could be changed to streamline the priority of content. Good job.
  • artcellrox - December 10, 2012 10:42 a.m.

It's gonna take a little getting used to, but hey, at least the changes aren't as frequent (and bad) as YouTube's, lol. Although... can we still not add to My Games? :c
  • runner - December 10, 2012 10:38 a.m.

I can live with the layout that proritizes popular contents first
  • runner - December 10, 2012 10:47 a.m.

Ugh.. now you even adopt this "enter and send" from facebook. Anyway sorry I still didn't finish my reply above. If you really want to prioritize popular contents first, fine, I can live with that but at least put the lastest contents somewhere easier to find. And I really don't understand why do you have to cramp all 3 columns in he lower portion of the first page.
  • robertpopovic - December 10, 2012 10:59 a.m.

I was critical at first, but at a 2nd look I now understand why the 3 columns are at the bottom. It's so you can just keep scrolling down in case you missed a few updates :)