• lancelot110 - June 15, 2013 7:28 a.m.

I stated this in a reply but I'll say it again in a standard comment. If this about Fallout 4 is true and it's doesn't come to PS4 and that's you're system preference, and then you decide that's the turning point for you buying a ONE ($500), then I'd recommend buying a $500 PC instead. If you really really want to play Fallout, PC is by far the best platform for it because of the Nexus sites. Just google Skyrim Nexus and look at the top mods for a glimpse into what makes Bethesda developed games still fun and interesting long after the DLC dries up. Also I just want to say that I'm not trying to advertise for PC or some shit and that PC isn't for everybody, but for Fallout or Skyrim it is far and wide the way to play, and it also has super awesome other stuff too.
  • sandplasma - June 9, 2013 12:37 p.m.

You know you guys can just build a PC right? I mean, most of these exclusives will come to PC as well as one of the new consoles. Who doesn't want higher resolutions with 8x aa and 16x af? Besides, everyone knows the best controls for any FPS is mouse and keyboard. A very good console FPS player will still lose against a mediocre pc fps player. nuf said.
  • sandplasma - June 9, 2013 12:34 p.m.

MS can pay me $$ for the exclusivity of deez nuts.
  • Fox_Mulder - June 8, 2013 11 a.m.

I wouldn't mind Fallout 4 being One exclusive, seeing as how Fallout 3 turned out on PS3.
  • westonb - June 6, 2013 2:10 p.m.

plenty others to play this will be off my radar.
  • Mr.YumYums - June 6, 2013 1:43 p.m.

In an irrelevant point: I've noticed PC elitist are not as opinionated as they used to be or choose not to voice their opinions as much as they used to do in this site in previous years. Have they gone somewhere else, or is there still a small group in here? I wish these discussions would go beyond consoles, and dwell a little in the PC realm as well.
  • sandplasma - June 9, 2013 12:35 p.m.

PC Gamer has less console monkeys but weez still heah bro
  • ShadowOps117 - June 6, 2013 11:56 a.m.

MICROSOFT CAN'T DOMINATE BECAUSE THEY DON'T SELL A GAME CONSOLE
  • brickman409 - June 6, 2013 8:26 p.m.

is that supposed to be a joke on how the Xbox one is heavily focused on multimedia? If so I think that's kinda stupid, Sony has made PlayStation a multimedia device since the beginning by being the first to put a CD player function in the PS1 then DVD on the PS2, and then Blu-Ray, Netflix, etc. on the PS3. Adding more media doesn't make it any less of a console.
  • CitizenWolfie - June 6, 2013 8:40 a.m.

I'm not too bothered about Respawn's thing as it looks likely that it'll be yet another sci-fi FPS. But if Fallout 4 was console exclusive, then THAT is the thing that'll make me splash out for an Xbox One. I'm probably not alone in this; I think a lot of people would be swayed to buy a console predominantly due to a big exclusive game in a series they love. I wasn't going to bother with a Wii U in all honesty until Wind Waker HD and a brand new Zelda were announced, and now I'm glad I bought one. It's still going to be a PS4 launch buy for me, and I wasn't sure about XB1. But Fallout 4 as a permanent exclusive would definitely make me change my mind. Unless I built a gaming PC of course.
  • lancelot110 - June 15, 2013 7:18 a.m.

Buy a $500 PC over a ONE if that's you're reason for buying it. Bethesda developed games have the biggest difference in quality between console and PC in the industry. Not necessarily because they try for a better experience on PC, but because of the Nexus sites for modding. Seriously if you're thinking about dropping that money on a ONE solely for that game then get a PC instead, I'd recommend getting it anyways. If you don't think mods would make that big a difference to the game I ask that you go check out Skyrim Nexus or Fallout 3 Nexus, it'll blow your mind.
  • CitizenWolfie - June 16, 2013 2:42 a.m.

I'm thinking about building a gaming PC in the next 12 months so I probably would go down the PC route if Fallout 4 ended up being exclusive to Microsoft. I can't see it happening though - Bethesda surely know that more availability leads to more sales.
  • taokaka - June 6, 2013 8:30 a.m.

Microsoft doesn't need to pay for timed exclusivity to mirror's edge 2 or fallout 4, they already have the best exclusives for the Xbone already, TV and sports.
  • Mr.YumYums - June 6, 2013 1:23 p.m.

Lol'd
  • mothbanquet - June 8, 2013 1:48 a.m.

Of course! I hope Halo goes to WiiU so long as the exclusive Lubed Granny Snooker League coverage stays where it belongs!
  • windjunky - June 6, 2013 8:03 a.m.

I don't think I could resist it.. I'd probably end up buying that Microsoft shite.. I'm so weak.
  • BladedFalcon - June 6, 2013 7:42 a.m.

I'm not exactly sure of what's the point of this article? I mean, what? that companies will pay money to get ahead the competition? hasn't this been the case since the birth of civilization and economy? :P Not to mention... If nothing else, this article reinforces the fact that third party exclusivity is becoming less and less relevant. I mean, all mentioned here, including the GTA exclusive content... Actually didn't end up mattering because both Lost and Damned and Ballad of gay Tony made their way into the PS3 not that long after anyway. At worst, those kinds of deals only means that the other party has to wait an extra months to get the content. But no one nowadays is willing to dish out the amount of money necessary to secure a permanent exclusive, not even microsoft. Again, how many non-first party exclusives did MS end up retaining this generation? I can't say it with 100% certainty, but I'm confident that the number is 0.
  • BladedFalcon - June 6, 2013 7:58 a.m.

Nope, gotta correct myself. There ARE a few third party games that remained exclusive to the 360, like Splinter Cell: Conviction, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and the first condemned. Although those last three are probably mostly because they got released very close to the 360's launch, and the publisher didn't want to bother porting it two years later XD
  • Sinsational - June 6, 2013 8:03 a.m.

Not to mention The Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (the only two RPGs besides Mass Effect that made me want a 360). But I have to agree with your initial statement. I don't get the point either. To be honest, it sounds like a Microsoft fanboy laying down the logic of why "PS4 will have better exclusives, but Microsoft will win in the end... WITH THEIR WALLETS!!" than trying to really report any kind of news.
  • shadeslayer77 - June 12, 2013 10:37 p.m.

Lost Planet was actually ported to PS3 about a year later, so you can strike that one off the list.