Topics

Nintendo

• snothammer - January 30, 2011 12:14 a.m.

Sadly, I'm not impressed by the 3DS screens. Sure, they look better in some ways, but it's not enough to justify it for me. I was excited for the 3DS when it was revealed at E3, but now I don't care as much. I already own most of the games I'm excited for, so I know I definitely won't be buying one at launch. I'll just stick to the old games on my tv.
  • WillisTron - January 29, 2011 11:52 p.m.

@ Brett Sorry Brett, it seems the idea of "blowing up a small image" and it looking more pixelated seems to be too complex for most :/
  • lionarthegreat - January 29, 2011 10:25 p.m.

If the pixels were less noticeable 3 ds would win but not yet.
  • Nodoudt - January 29, 2011 9:34 p.m.

I can't WAIT to get those D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-ODONGOS!
  • thatblindgamer - January 29, 2011 9:01 p.m.

Never actually finished OoT, so I'll probably pick it up.
  • chilarome - January 29, 2011 8:37 p.m.

This may be one of the only reasons I might buy a 3DS, otherwise the PSP2 might sway me if it's actually what it says. My OoT on my N64 won't keep my saves so if I'm going to go through it, it has to be on the 3DS.
  • pastycaucasian - January 29, 2011 4:34 p.m.

Oh man I can't wait to get that game again.
  • gamefreakl1996 - January 29, 2011 3:58 p.m.

Ok, I'll admit the 3DS looks better... But I still refuse to purchase one! Why can't they just digitally remaster OoT for the Wii? I myself have bought every DS up to this point and now that they released another? Screw it.
  • philipshaw - January 29, 2011 3:57 p.m.

3DS defo looks sharper, wish it was coming out for the 3DS launch
  • Ridgley - January 29, 2011 3:16 p.m.

People that are complaining about pixels need to go take a picture of uncharted 2 and blow the picture up to double the resolution. You nutty technoretarded fucks.
  • jmcgrotty - January 29, 2011 8:33 a.m.

This article is such a frustration to me. Before anyone says anything good about the game (regardless on which system it is released for), you should be required to play the damn game. No one can play this game and rationally think it is a good playing game. *bangs heads on floor again* (yes I own multiple copies/versions of it, yes I've played it... hell, I played it again in the past couple weeks when all this garbage about the game getting released picked up steam again) That being said, as to the point at issue, I think it technically looks better on 3DS, but has no chance of playing as good as the original. But the best part of this article? Ending it by saying "What are your thoughts on the changes?" and then Brett posting at least 3 comments that the 3DS is better when people prefer the originial. Guess that he asked it as a rhetorical question, and wasn't prepared for people to disagree with it.
  • Defguru7777 - January 29, 2011 8:05 a.m.

The 3DS screens definitely look better than the N64 screens. I don't know if $40 is justifiable to anyone that's already beat Ocarina on either N64, Gamecube, or the Virtual Console, but it is to me as someone who hasn't ever finished Ocarina. I've played a fair amount on the Gamecube version, but I was nowhere near beating it. When I do get a 3DS (which may be a while yet), this is one game I'll be sure to pick up. Until then, I've got Golden Sun: Dark Dawn on the DS to finish.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - January 29, 2011 6:35 a.m.

I understand being turned off by the pixellation, but I say in the text (and in the comments already) the pixellation is amplified by blowing the screens up. Page two shows the 3DS images in the regular size - notice how not jaggy they are. Also, I've played the damn thing and it looks great. The 3D effect is nice, doesn't really add anything to the gameplay. I turned it off and happily played through the first dungeon on 3DS in regular ol' 2D.
  • newgames128 - January 29, 2011 5:36 a.m.

Way too much aliasing in the 3DS version. I'd still play the N64.
  • NightCrawler_358 - January 29, 2011 4:52 a.m.

It looks very nice, and probaly renders pretty good. I just hope that they fix that fairy-things constant hey hey listen! that would make the game a million times better, seriously, if nintendodoesn't see that, I wouldn't buy it.
  • Philldasoccerlad - January 29, 2011 4:48 a.m.

3DS version easily looks better, thing that stands out the most to me is the much more defined depth and the fact that you can actually estimate how far away a wall is from you.
  • CrazySmurf - January 29, 2011 4:34 a.m.

I do like how this looks on the 3DS, and I must say I am perfectly willing to buy this as a $40 game
  • Brumbek - January 29, 2011 2:52 a.m.

3DS looks much worse for two reasons: it's low-res and pixelated! N64 is higher-res and has texture filtering! Wow...I really thought 3DS would look better. And LOL at people who can't believe some of us think N64 looks better. Look up bilinear texture filtering.
  • shawksta - January 29, 2011 2:23 a.m.

@ACE-VAMP its the same crap as Last gen, PSP = Tec DS = Games NGP =Tec 3DS = GAMES It wont matter, the 3DS's graphics isnt like the NGP, who cares, it looks better than the DS's and more game compability, allot of handhelds Died because they tried putting too many things whole Nintendo's Handhelds beat them as simply providing games and a simple handheld without Difficult tec.
  • shawksta - January 29, 2011 2:21 a.m.

@AuthorityFigure Not really, its not just that, its the GAMES, something the Original PSP failed on...