Topics

iwata

• Cinaclov - April 16, 2014 10:37 a.m.

Uncharted 3?
  • slimjim441 - April 16, 2014 10:08 a.m.

When I saw Half-Life 2 on the list, I immediately thought of Lazlo. He was the greatest mind of our generation...
  • CanUQuack47 - April 16, 2014 9:46 a.m.

Another one in the Walking Dead is Duck. Even if you save him at the farm, he gets bitten later and gets shot by Lee or Kenny
  • xlxOutlawxlx - April 16, 2014 9:38 a.m.

How about Chopper from Ace Combat 5? No matter how quickly you dispatched all the enemies, no matter how much fury you brought to those skies, there'd still by that 'mysterious' missile that would take him down, even when you'd long since taken everything else out of the skies. He was a character I dearly felt the death of. The first time I played it, it brought me pretty low. I was CERTAIN if I replayed it enough times, one of the times I'd do well enough to keep him from going down. Accepting that it was inevitable just wasn't part of the equation. You can always save your friends, right?
  • Shigeruken - April 16, 2014 9:07 a.m.

Legion hit me like a tonne of brick. "Does this unit have a soul?" I cried.
  • hester2 - April 16, 2014 8:58 a.m.

One suggestion on future articles like this: on the spoiler page, include a list of the games you're going to spoil (as long as that in itself doesn't spoil the game). I didn't get spoiled on anything, but every click scared the hell out of me.
  • PlainLikeVanilla - April 16, 2014 9:10 a.m.

Please do this!
  • GR_AndyHartup - April 16, 2014 9:29 a.m.

Done!
  • commandoclone87 - April 16, 2014 8:49 a.m.

You've mentioned Mary Read from Black Flag, but forgot to mention Blackbeard? But, seriously, it shouldn't be a surprise when it comes to non-fictional characters in video games as history has already recorded their deaths (unless there's some timey wimey shit going on and somebody messed with the timeline, ala Hitler's death in C&C: Red Alert)
  • kaminocloners - April 16, 2014 8:48 a.m.

You forgot Booker, Bioshock Infinite
  • GR_AndyHartup - April 16, 2014 8:53 a.m.

Booker is... Booker is a tricky one because of who he is.
  • winner2 - April 16, 2014 8:31 a.m.

Thane's death cut deep. when Kai Leng showed up like the asshole he is and starts giving everyone problems, and then Thane steps in like the old terminally ill grandmaster with one final beatdown to give, I was truly sad to see him go. I killed Kai specifically for Thane, and I renegaded the shit out that choice and stabbed his ass with a grimace. So satisfying.
  • GR_AndyHartup - April 16, 2014 8:40 a.m.

Saddest I've ever been with a game - I accidentally chose Legion over Tali in ME3 (the dialogue options are a bit vague) and she threw herself off that massive waterfall on Rannoch. Couldn't believe it was happening.
  • commandoclone87 - April 16, 2014 8:44 a.m.

Legion still technically dies regardless of what you do. He had to upload himself into the Geth Consensus to bring about true sentience for the Geth. After that, the program that was Legion no longer existed. Unless I somehow missed a decision that allowed him to upload the upgrades without sacrificing himself.
  • winner2 - April 16, 2014 10:32 a.m.

I couldn't remember that part ( I think I remember keeping tail alive the whole time, but I also think I got the geth on my side).Not sure. But I youtubed it, and holy shit. Shepard's "tali no." was so underwhelming compared to my shock though. She was so upset with you that she ended it herself, and he talks like he just told her not to hold a fork the wrong way or something.