• batmanboy11 - September 29, 2010 11:39 p.m.

$300 or not, I'm buying one.
  • P0LARCLAW - September 29, 2010 11:30 p.m.

I'm gonna buy one on launch day. The game lineup is enough for me, but I doubt it will be enough for everyone.
  • ppopopp - September 29, 2010 11:29 p.m.

haha, nevair, I say, at at ze tree honne-dread praice point. Peût-être at 26 dollars, no?
  • Metroidhunter32 - September 29, 2010 11:06 p.m.

This I could see. I wouldn't be able to afford it, but it would still sell great.
  • abezippyflipy - September 29, 2010 10:54 p.m.

ya im definately gonna buy one as soon as possible. usualy prices go down from japan to here so im expecting 250 USD I think its also going to sell twice as much as kinect by the end of the first year of them being out. plus it will come bundled with AR cards so thats basicly a games worth of entertainment right there. wouldn't be suprised if they did $300 with a game in a bundle too.
  • c1nd3rcell - September 29, 2010 10:51 p.m.

There is NO WAY I am buying a handheld for $300. Period.
  • 510BrotherPanda - September 29, 2010 10:49 p.m.

Not until it's under that price. The games might be $50-80 just because of the 3D. Okamiden attracts me more right now.
  • JADENkOTOR - September 29, 2010 10:40 p.m.

Everybody is mad. No way am I buying a handheld for $300 even if it is pretty cool. Besides, the 3DS XL will be out in six months, dropping the original to around $200.
  • Redeater - September 29, 2010 10:04 p.m.

I'd buy that for a dollar. But seriously Nintendo has bragging rights. Only fools would think that kinect will come close to the 3DS.
  • wackdogg - September 29, 2010 9:51 p.m.

Yes, and I am one of those 4 million!
  • edtrotter - September 29, 2010 9:47 p.m.

This is the first console which I plan to buy from launch, or pre-order. A lot of people are worried that a lot of the launch titles are re-releases, but I see this as an enormous selling point. Having been a gamer for quite a few years I'm incredibly excited at the prospect of revisiting games I used to love all those years ago. And the younger generation of gamers? You have to remember that games like StarFox are about 13 years old... For many young gamers this will be the first chance to play these amazing games. So yeah, roll on March 2011!
  • DMarten - September 29, 2010 9:44 p.m.

I can't see spending the same amount on a portable system as I did for my PS3 or 360. If it was 200 dollars I probably would go for it, but $300 is pushing it for me personally. I guess I would wait for a price drop or nice sale.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - September 29, 2010 9:30 p.m.

Having the 3DS's launch lineup be mostly remakes is genius - people will buy their favorite games on the 3DS, realize its potential, then get even more games for it. As for the 4 million mark, Nintendo can easily pull that off. That's probably why they have the release date so much farther back than we hoped - they don't want a 3DS shortage. Nintendo can easily make up for the past 4 or so years of casualmania with this.
  • Zachg - September 29, 2010 9:18 p.m.

i dont know if i would want to spend more than 200 for a handheld gaming device, i could easily buy an xbox 360 for that and get double the features.
  • RebornKusabi - September 29, 2010 9:15 p.m.

*gamer*
  • RebornKusabi - September 29, 2010 9:15 p.m.

It will and you wanna know why? I'll be passing on Kinect or Move to get Nintendo 3DS even though I'm a multi-console game because I ALREADY HAVE A WII AND HAVE NO NEED FOR 1080P WII GAMES!!! Until I see Suda 51's Kinect game... I won't be getting Kinect until then.
  • burdmayn - September 29, 2010 9:10 p.m.

Though I think*
  • Larinah - September 29, 2010 9:09 p.m.

While Kinect seems sort of stupid to me, and I don't believe they'll get those numbers in 4 months, let alone 2, I think the 3DS definitely has a shot. The 300$ price tag does sting a bit, but if the 3D on it is really as amazing as it sounds, and the great games keep rolling out through it's lifetime, it'll be well worth it!
  • burdmayn - September 29, 2010 9:09 p.m.

I definitely plan on buying a 3DS on launch day, I think those sales figures might be hard to achieve. I know that myself and many "hardcore" gamers are already sold, but I think Nintendo really needs to find a way to demonstrate the tech so that they can pull back the "casual" audience that helped skyrocket sales of the Wii and original DS.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - September 29, 2010 8:58 p.m.

It is worth like 280 bucks, but for once Michael P. has a point- it's a new fuggin' DS. It'll sell SKAWIGGITYFRIKINGBILLIONTRILLIONS.