• ObliqueZombie - January 18, 2012 12:16 p.m.

Too bad for the PC guys. It looks like too much of a hassle to even get the damn things started. Ah well, I'll have my nice and stupidly simple Xbox to start it up. I'm a little too hopeful for this game, but seeing as it's a downloadable, $15 game, I won't be losing much when it comes around.
  • db1331 - January 18, 2012 12:29 p.m.

I don't think PC-only players are missing out on anything here. I have a PS3 as well, and wouldn't play this if it were free.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2012 12:53 p.m.

Judging a game with such finality without even playing it... And judging only on graphical aspects... That's wise, and not shallow at all. *rolls eyes*
  • db1331 - January 18, 2012 1:26 p.m.

Animation is not graphics. Truthfully it looks bad all around. I don't need to see a new Nicholas Cage movie to know it's bad. I can tell by the trailer. Same principle here.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2012 1:35 p.m.

Animation is still a visual aspect that ultimately doesn't affect or break the gameplay. So yeah, it's still shallow to judge a game because of that. it's a nice bonus if a game does well in that department, (like max Payne 3 seems to be doing.)But if the gameplay is good, challenging and imaginative enough, i couldn't care less if the graphics aren't as great. Also, you applied the same principle with Sonic generations, and you were proven wrong my the majority of sites. You're a fan of judging and slamming things before they even come out, and that's just as idiotic as the fanboys claiming that ME3 WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVAR!!! even though it hasn't been released either.
  • db1331 - January 18, 2012 1:48 p.m.

You're implying that Sonic Generations is a good game? Justin is the biggest Sonic fanboy on the planet, and I think he only gave it an 8. Also, graphics don't make or break a game for me. I love good graphics when they are one of the main draws of a title, like a Skyrim or a BF3. But I won't turn a game away because it doesn't look amazing graphically. A game can go for an offbeat style and still look beautiful. I think Okami on the Wii is still the best looking game I've ever seen (that might change with Ki No Nuni). But when a game tries to achieve a gritty realism and fails (like this one) it just comes off looking bad. It looks like a cheap $15 game, which is exactly what it is. If that's fine with you, then get it. Personally, I don't even have enough time to play all the great games I want to play, let alone the mediocre ones.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2012 2:14 p.m.

Whether Justin is a fan of the game he's reviewing or not is irrelevant, or a least it should be. If he gave it an eight, tart's because he thought it was the fair score to give even though he might have liked it to be more than that. He's a PROFESIONAL reviewer, not a fan-boy or someone like us commenting on a board. Sure, personal bias is still bound to shine a bit, but not as much as you make it seem to be. Furthermore, check the reviews for the game on meta-critic, the xbox version has 48 reviews and not ONE of them gave it anything below a 7 or a 6. You kept insisting that the game was gonna be crap and blah blah blah. It might not be a gem, but it's definitely a decent game, and most likely more than good enough for most sonic fans. The point is that you didn't say it was gonna be mediocre, you said it was gonna be shit, and you were wrong. And like I said in my comment above. yeah, it looks like a budget game. But the premise is interesting enough. And the idea of having scarce resources and having to think of other ways other than "shoot everything on sight" or "sneak past everyone without being seen always" is a sound one. cheap game or not, if they pull that aspect off well, it definitely could be worth playing. but of course, that's something neither you or I can know until the game comes out. Lastly... If you really aren't interested in it at all, why even bother commenting on it? aside from wanting to bait people, of course.
  • Lucas - January 18, 2012 4:17 p.m.

What is this? English in video game forums 1301? Might as well write an essay bro.
  • BladedFalcon - January 18, 2012 4:23 p.m.

1301? not sure I get the reference. Also, you suggesting this is no place to have a well explained argument? :P
  • Rowdie - January 18, 2012 1:43 p.m.

I consider animation to be part of graphics. Animation is not audio or gameplay. It's something you take in visually. I can't see what else you'd consider it than graphics.
  • celticwhisper - January 18, 2012 12:03 p.m.

Shame that Ubisoft had to go and pull something like this: http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/01/17/1838237/ubisoft-has-windows-style-hardware-based-drm-for-games As a result, I won't be buying "I Am Alive" or any other Ubisoft title.