Topics

Best of GR

• ironMunky07 - December 4, 2013 7:23 p.m.

That's a tough one. Watch Dogs and of course Titan Fall. I'm not excited about Destiny because it's Bungie. It looks like Halo and they should've stopped with Halo 2. Stop trying Bungie!!! You're done! I would get excited for nintendo games but they're more geared towards kids. Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing! I didn't like nintendo when I was kid and I don't like nintendo now. Sure I bought the Wii but I bought for my kids. It's a console for kids under 12 and I'm all for that...I support that. Keep it up nintendo!
  • McEd - December 4, 2013 8:09 p.m.

Why is Bungie done?
  • ironMunky07 - December 5, 2013 5:31 a.m.

I loved Halo and Halo 2...loved it! In fact, halo is the game that got me into gaming. But let's be honest, every Halo game after that was a disappointment. Lots of Halo fan boys I know said that Halo 4 was better than Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo Reach because they got "outside" help. That's why Bungie is done. They started Halo 4 and hit a brick wall. Halo 4 was good but after years of no Halo, that was their best? Every franchise progresses with games. Other franchises like Call of Duty, Gears of War, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear...shit, even Super Mario Brothers got better and better. Halo got worse. When Halo was released, other developers wouldn't dare step on their playing field. Bungie "owned" the market. Now, other companies don't even see them as competition. To top it off, they're releasing a game called "Destiny". My 5yr old son said that it looks like Halo. This is Next Gen. Bungie better come with something stronger than that.
  • Child Of Death - December 5, 2013 4:17 p.m.

Call of Duty got better? That right there is enough to dismiss your claim. Call of Duty is the same damn game every year. It dosent change at all. The last decent COD was WaW. After that COD went straight to hell.
  • Child Of Death - December 5, 2013 4:19 p.m.

Also I am also a Halo fanboy and I loved Halo 3 and ODST. The only Halo I didnt like was Reach.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - December 4, 2013 9:26 p.m.

I'm with McEd....by all means, good sir, lay down why Bungie is 'done'.
  • Child Of Death - December 5, 2013 12:56 a.m.

Are you kidding me? Bungie is far from done.
  • talleyXIV - December 4, 2013 7 p.m.

Say what you will but we all know Smash Bros. is going to be THE game next year.
  • hester2 - December 4, 2013 6:57 p.m.

Persona 5, even though I wish it was handheld (got super spoiled by P4G and the ability to just hit Standby and come back later). Besides that, I'm sure Second Son will be great, and I'm really intrigued by Destiny. Titanfall depends on whether or not I stick to my plan to pick up an Xbox One next year.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - December 4, 2013 6:53 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid 5, and with Thief slightly trailing behind!
  • hester2 - December 4, 2013 6:55 p.m.

You mean Ground Zeroes, right? It's not looking very likely that Phantom Pain is coming out next year. Kojima said a couple days ago that the main reason he decided to release Zeroes separately is because Phantom Pain is going to take a while.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - December 4, 2013 6:57 p.m.

Oh yeah... I guess I'm aching for thief more then. A small dose of MGSV will be great, but still..
  • hester2 - December 4, 2013 7:22 p.m.

Nothing to be too down about. My guess is that Ground Zeroes will be far longer than your standard 6 hour campaign, and for $30 instead of $60. I'm thinking I'm just going to wait, though. I'll pick it up right before Phantom Pain so I get the whole story in one sitting. I still need to play Peace Walker, too. Still torn on whether I'm going to pick up the HD collection or just get the PSP version on my Vita.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - December 4, 2013 7:29 p.m.

Yeah I have Peace Walker HD too, yet only completed the first two missions, I don't know why I haven't touched it since because what little I have played has been good although you tell it was meant for PSP but, hey that's obvious. As for Ground Zeroes, I know I'll love it and will endlessly replay it until Phantom Pain. I still like to sometimes go and play the Tanker chapter on MGS2. Any Metal Gear is a blessing! The big question now is do I leap into next gen for Ground Zeroes or buy on 360? (I've decided to hold off from buying a new system on day one for the first time yet!)
  • hester2 - December 4, 2013 7:37 p.m.

I would buy the next gen version. I wouldn't buy a console version just for that (unless it turns out to be incredible), but I would at least wait. Kojima has already said that your Ground Zeroes save will interact with Phantom Pain, but he hasn't said whether that will be cross-platform. You also need to keep in mind that by the time Ground Zeroes comes out, both consoles will be much more tempting with Infamous, Titanfall, and Destiny coming out by then or close to then. I'm actually the complete opposite of you, having bought at launch for the first time, and the combo of Shadow Fall and NBA 2K14 are enough to make me happy about my purchase.
  • hester2 - December 4, 2013 7:49 p.m.

Sorry, meant to say "console" in that second sentence instead of "console version."
  • death_nation - January 13, 2014 12:27 p.m.

you didn't even realize that you had commented on the wrong comment.
  • ABACADA6494 - December 4, 2013 6:42 p.m.

Dark Souls II and The Witcher 3! Dark Souls II on PS3 (collector's edition) and The Witcher 3 on PC. I am quite excited for my Action RPG's
  • Shigeruken - December 4, 2013 10:19 p.m.

I forgot the Witcher 3 was meant to hit next year. I'm definitely excited for that.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - December 4, 2013 6:23 p.m.

Destiny, Smash Bros., Watch Dogs and inFamous: Second Son for me off the top of my head. Can't wait!
  • shawksta - December 4, 2013 6:19 p.m.

Tropical Freeze, That Yarn Yoshi game, Titan Fall, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Smash, Bayonetta 2, X, that game Santa Monica showed off for their next gen project, Kingdom Hearts 3, Meta Gear Solid 5, I just cant stop.
  • shawksta - December 4, 2013 6:20 p.m.

Watch Dogs too, almost forgot about that.
  • FierceVoltage - December 4, 2013 6:15 p.m.

Definitely Watchdogs and Destiny.