Topics

Best of GR

• shawksta - January 10, 2014 11:24 p.m.

I said it before and ill say it again, what the heck happened to Spy Party!? Anyway, cant wait for this year, especially since its only January, we already have a chock full of games for everything and we most likely still have announcements to be made. Right now im super anticipated for Tropical Freeze and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare as they are the closest things we have.
  • Spartan_91 - January 10, 2014 5:26 p.m.

I can't believe the new Halo is so high on the list. I also cannot believe that Titanfall made the top of the list... call of duty and mech warriors fused. I loved the call of duty series until recently. and was hoping that fps' would get better. but to be the #1 on the list? outrageous. How did you forget ff15? why is MGSV and Phantom Pain so far down on the list? Terrible list overall.
  • Mr.YumYums - January 11, 2014 8:58 a.m.

Seriously.. I still don't understand how "Smooth controls, slick visuals, and amazing concepts combined" translates to "first-person shooters' next evolution".. Maybe it's the mechs part of it that come into play, and I am indeed excited to try it out as I know it'll be fun, but in no way is it my number one priority..
  • madog360 - January 10, 2014 5:22 p.m.

I've been going to this site for 3-4 years now and just made an account for the first time today. Why? Because you somehow put Uncharted as the 100th most important release of next year. Wow. Obviously everyone's entitles to their opinion. And I'm not saying it'll be game of the year (but with Naughty Dog anything is possible) but seriously? That's what you rank it? I can't even put into words how off that is. If this list is actually supposed to be ranked then that's just ridiculous
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 5:28 p.m.

We know virtually nothing about the game. there's zero to go on and thus little to be excited for. Furthermore, whereas something like the next call of duty feels certain that it's gonna come out this year even if you know nothing about it, there's really no guarantee Uncharted 4 will come out this year. Honestly, knowing naughty Dog's development cycle, it feels extremely unlikely, which is why I guess it's so low. I assure you, once actual facts and gameplay of the game comes out, it's probably going to climb up the list pretty darn high, but till then, cool off your jets son, because naughty Dog hasn't really given us anything solid to be excited for.
  • madog360 - January 10, 2014 6 p.m.

No I get that there isn't much information about it yet. But if they're going to have it on the list at all, then give it a respectable rank. Either that or leave it out entirely. That's all I was trying to say.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - January 10, 2014 6:26 p.m.

Yeah, what BladedFalcon says is pretty close to the reasoning
  • GOD - January 10, 2014 9:36 p.m.

To be fair though, Sunset Overdrive has also had nothing but a CG trailer and nothing else, and is just as likely to not release anytime this year but is much higher on the list. Even the unannounced in any way shape or form Zelda WiiU is higher somehow. It just seems odd to put that as 100 when it has at least been officially announced. The guessed release date is kinda irrelevant when half the list is labeled TBD. Would've been better if there were no numbers at all. If I actually pay attention to those numbers.... this list seems horrible to me. Also Smash Bros #1! (because I really hope it does come out this year)
  • BladedFalcon - January 10, 2014 10:13 p.m.

Sunset overdrive's trailer shows a much more clear idea of what the game is potentially about, and what to expect from it, Uncharted's does not. Yeah, Zelda Wii U is kinda baffling, but hey, it's Zelda, I'm not big at all on the franchise, but people seem to lose their shit over it more than most other franchises (including uncharted) which is why I'm guessing it's higher.
  • GOD - January 10, 2014 10:19 p.m.

My opinion aside, 2 out of 4 of the games ND has put out this generation won the GOTY award at GR. That's why this baffles me. My bigger point was just that it seems like the numbers shouldn't really be there. Like in some cases (especially the higher on the list) it seems like they tried to order them, but the bottom half just seems like games we know about that all just got thrown together in random order. For example Ground Zeros (the smaller prequel) is #6, but Phantom Pain (the main game) is thrown in at #95.
  • shawksta - January 10, 2014 11:20 p.m.

Because Phantom Pain is still a big question mark, everything we have seen was otherwise Ground Zeroes. or atleast thats what i think.
  • JustAnotherRogueAI - January 11, 2014 5:53 a.m.

Uncharted's low ranking surprised me too. The "There isn't enough information" argument is kind of thrown out the window by the fact that Bayonetta 2 is at number 12. Really, it's the fourth game in a series. It's going to play just like the last 3 Uncharteds, just better looking and with some flashy new features, and considering that GR rather enjoyed the last 3 games, I'd say that it's something to look forward to. Oh, and if you're worried about it not coming out in 2014, then why is Persona 5 at number 15?
  • Mr.YumYums - January 11, 2014 9:01 a.m.

I just wanted to comment to say that I love your name and avatar. **YumYums Out**
  • gopikmin - January 11, 2014 3:26 p.m.

Bayonetta 2 has had a couple demos since E3 at expos so Gamesradar staff have played it so they get the gist of it like Titanfall
  • bebl09 - January 12, 2014 5:21 p.m.

What about Halo? We literally have a CG trailer of Master Chief in a desert wearing a cloak and then some big floating thing. How is that enough to warrant being the 10th-most anticipated game while Uncharted is at 100? It's not as if we have solid information on Halo except for the fact that it's Halo and will be related to the previous Halo game.
  • death_nation - January 13, 2014 12:18 p.m.

You fucking idiot! What about The Last of US?? Fucking dumbass !You're the one thats not excited over and Naughty Dog's titles just shut the fuck up already!
  • BladedFalcon - January 13, 2014 12:20 p.m.

lolwut? That made no sense at all.
  • JustAnotherRogueAI - January 10, 2014 5:02 p.m.

I really hope that this list isn't meant to be taken in the specific order it's set up in, otherwise you just put Titanfall ahead of Persona 5, The Division, Watch Dogs, Infamous Second Son, and Destiny. Needless to say I find that absolutely ridiculous. The only thing I would add is the next Assassin's Creed, just as an assumption that they'll continue the pattern they've established. I suppose it would be nice if they skipped a year to spend more time on it, though.