Topics

Best of GR

• adam-helfrich - January 12, 2014 7:18 p.m.

No Drakengard 3 and no Nippon Ichi games? No Witch and the Hundred Knights?I'm not surprised considering I doubt Nippon Ichi pays publications to care about them and just sticks to their audience. It's hard to compete with all the money fps franchises throw around to all the mainstream publications and Gamestop so the gaming masses only know the western mainstream franchises they're told to play.
  • GR HollanderCooper - January 13, 2014 11:08 a.m.

If I'm following your logic right, that means every game publisher on this list--including the swath of low-budget indie games--is paying us to include it?
  • universaltofu - January 30, 2014 9:16 p.m.

obviously, sometimes it's hard to read anything on this site without being blinded by your big, fat, gold-lined pockets reflecting the sun... through the internet, making me look like French Stewart.
  • Fraught - February 6, 2014 2:10 a.m.

Yes, Cooper. Exactly. (I am kind of miffed off about the choice of Titanfall (yawn) at number one, but I'm kidding, 'course.)
  • xKarnage - January 12, 2014 5:15 p.m.

Coming from someone who has completed the three Uncharted games and loved them all, Uncharted 4 is easily my most anticipated game of 2014.
  • JS1HUNDRED - January 12, 2014 4:50 p.m.

I would like to add Next-Gen NHL to that list
  • Felxon - January 11, 2014 10:14 p.m.

What? No Hyper Light Drifter? Seriously, that game looks more interesting than most of the games on this list in my opinion.
  • TE5LA - January 11, 2014 8:02 p.m.

Star Citizen #72? Really? As the all-time highest public funded game, having so far reached nearly $37 million in pledges, I'd think it's be higher on the list.
  • gopikmin - January 11, 2014 3:34 p.m.

X is surprisingly low on this list considering I've seen it on a handful of top ten most anticipated games of 2014. I'm also hyped as hell for that and Super Smash Bros. Its sort of sad that there is so few major RPGs in comparison to shooters, action adventure and even to an extent character action games in recent years.
  • PoisonWar - January 11, 2014 11:15 a.m.

Pilars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera for me!
  • TOM - January 11, 2014 11:07 a.m.

Shantae 3 & Half-Genie Hero, assuming they come out this year. :3
  • talleyXIV - January 11, 2014 12:30 a.m.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is just so weird. Probably will be great though.
  • shawksta - January 10, 2014 11:24 p.m.

I said it before and ill say it again, what the heck happened to Spy Party!? Anyway, cant wait for this year, especially since its only January, we already have a chock full of games for everything and we most likely still have announcements to be made. Right now im super anticipated for Tropical Freeze and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare as they are the closest things we have.
  • Spartan_91 - January 10, 2014 5:26 p.m.

I can't believe the new Halo is so high on the list. I also cannot believe that Titanfall made the top of the list... call of duty and mech warriors fused. I loved the call of duty series until recently. and was hoping that fps' would get better. but to be the #1 on the list? outrageous. How did you forget ff15? why is MGSV and Phantom Pain so far down on the list? Terrible list overall.
  • Mr.YumYums - January 11, 2014 8:58 a.m.

Seriously.. I still don't understand how "Smooth controls, slick visuals, and amazing concepts combined" translates to "first-person shooters' next evolution".. Maybe it's the mechs part of it that come into play, and I am indeed excited to try it out as I know it'll be fun, but in no way is it my number one priority..
  • madog360 - January 10, 2014 5:22 p.m.

I've been going to this site for 3-4 years now and just made an account for the first time today. Why? Because you somehow put Uncharted as the 100th most important release of next year. Wow. Obviously everyone's entitles to their opinion. And I'm not saying it'll be game of the year (but with Naughty Dog anything is possible) but seriously? That's what you rank it? I can't even put into words how off that is. If this list is actually supposed to be ranked then that's just ridiculous