• StrayGator - January 23, 2014 1:43 a.m.

I fail to see how Mass Effect 3's "Rogue AI Theory" differs from the simple, literal interpretation of the plot.
  • rainn'sgaydar - January 23, 2014 4:20 a.m.

It's how I view the plot, but apparently not everyone saw it that way.
  • BladedFalcon - January 23, 2014 11:31 a.m.

Um... that IS the plot. I don't think everyone else failed to see that. it's just that most never focused on that, but rather on the other plotholes plaguing the ending.
  • rainn'sgaydar - January 23, 2014 11:41 a.m.

Some people failed to see it because more than one person thought my synopsis was a theory. That may be because the plot wasn't clear enough and they missed it. Or maybe they interpreted it some other way. But it's clear that not everyone saw it the way I put it. Kind of like the whole Cave and Caroline are Chell's parents theory. I don't think it's a theory because it seemed pretty clear to me that's what happened, but it was in last week's top 7 as a theory, so it's obvious that not everyone agrees.
  • N7Spartan95 - January 24, 2014 10:46 a.m.

Well, if they failed to see it, that's their problem. The Extended Cut and the Leviathan DLC both pretty much confirmed that the Catalyst is an advanced AI. I believe the conversation with the Catalyst at the end of the game goes something like this: "You said you're the Catalyst, but... what are you?" "A construct. An intelligence designed eons ago to solve a problem. [...]" "So you're just an AI?" "Inasmuch as you are just an animal. I embody the collective intelligence of all Reapers." "But you WERE created?" "Correct." And the Leviathan said at the end of the Leviathan DLC: "[W]e created an intelligence with a mandate to preserve life at any cost. As the intelligence evolved, it studied the development of civilizations. Its understanding grew until it found a solution. In that instant, it betrayed us. It chose our kind as the first harvest." Don't really see any other way to interpret those quotes.
  • rainn'sgaydar - January 24, 2014 11:34 a.m.

I don't either, but I'm not the person in question. So what's your point?
  • N7Spartan95 - January 24, 2014 1:01 p.m.

I'm just saying that calling it a theory is simply mislabeling it. You might as well call it a "theory" that Darth Vader is Luke's father. The fact of the matter is that both of those things aren't theories about the plot subject to different interpretations; they're established facts about the story presented in as straightforward a manner as possible.
  • rainn'sgaydar - January 24, 2014 2:14 p.m.

People call Chell being Cave and Caroline's daughter a theory too and I view it as fact just the same. It's barely arguing more than semantics. Good day.
  • SirManguydude - January 23, 2014 12:29 a.m.

My favorite is the one with Gold Wolf which isn't a crazy fan theory. It has been officially stated that the Hero's Shade(the Gold Wolf) is in fact Link from OoT.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 23, 2014 2:52 a.m.

Thank you for noting it isn't crazy :)
  • shawksta - January 22, 2014 11:15 p.m.

Awesome The GR community is one creative mind full of fun :D. If I had to choose one, all the Pokemon ones were really good.
  • wadesmit - January 22, 2014 9:58 p.m.

What a wonderful community-centric article. You don't find this anywhere else. Good job, GR. I also wonder if this was in any way helped along by my suggestion to compile the fan theories into an article... If it is, thanks for listening!
  • wadesmit - January 22, 2014 9:50 p.m.

;)
  • n00b - January 22, 2014 9 p.m.

damn i wasn't here i wanted to do one Mine is that Titan Fall is Attack on Titan in the future, or at least the devs were heavily influenced by it.
  • GOD - January 22, 2014 8:46 p.m.

Glad to see mine up there! There were a lot of good ones too, with my favorite being Codystoval's theory about pokemon being born from the imagination of the youth.
  • samiamJack - January 22, 2014 8:16 p.m.

These are awesome, this community honestly couldn't get any better. Also pretty much made my night to see mine up there
  • LEGOMatrix - January 22, 2014 7:29 p.m.

That Mass Effect one was hilarious!
  • codystovall - January 22, 2014 7:06 p.m.

That hot sticky gooey imaginative essence, I think that codystovall guys on to somethin.
  • J-Fid - January 22, 2014 6:55 p.m.

The DK and Pikmin ones are my favorites.
  • winner2 - January 22, 2014 6:35 p.m.

The data theory for pokemon is golden, holy shit
  • theguyinthecloset - January 23, 2014 3:33 a.m.

I'm glad I shared it then.