We Recommend

• birdro - June 22, 2013 5:10 p.m.

I enjoy these quick articles, but the "I'm gay" one really sits wrong with me. It's nice within the article just to quickly throw everyone off guard as it surely did when it was said first, but like a few others, it;s got little to do with hate. Part of me bein all snippy has to do with the image as well, I know it's an easy stereotype, and I honestly can't think of something I would decidedly accept for the image, but with everyone takin shots, it gets a bit old, especially when that custom work is pretty impressive.
  • BladedFalcon - June 22, 2013 5:55 p.m.

...Or maybe you're making a mountain out of molehill? I mean, no one is even making fun or implying anything derogatory with that comment. It's just posted here because it's so random and it came out of nowhere, and it's just funny that it was said just like that. probably the same effect could have been made if anyone else had said something like "I'm a horse!" Or something like that. And had that been the case, i betcha no one had said anything. So...
  • birdro - June 22, 2013 7:13 p.m.

I got a little ramble-y in there, but just to clarify, I'm not offended by the comment's inclusion, or believe it to be derogatory, I can appreciate the shock value and the writing associated is fine. To paint a target on my chest, it just bugs me that the image associated goes for a shot at bronies. Like i said, I know it's a quick stereotypical link, but when it's already everywhere, I just wish something a little more unique would come up. That said, I don't know what image could be used that wouldn't be stepping on someones toes or would be more fitting in a sense, so it really comes down to a personal gripe here i suppose. Sorry for the rant :p
  • GAYMER - June 22, 2013 8:58 p.m.

They should have put a picture of a dinosaur shooting rainbow lasers out of it's mouth :D
  • BladedFalcon - June 22, 2013 9:41 p.m.

...Wait, what does the image has to do with bronie-*double checks the pic* ohhhhh... See, I hadn't even noticed there was a my little pony character in that pic until you mentioned it... So yeah, you ARE putting a big target on your chest :P And well, it's just... Honestly dude, you and anyone who took any kind of issue with stuff like this is being overly sensitive. No one attacked gay people here, nor made any insinuation. And if that picture had MLP in it, it was probably more circumstantial than on purpose, since what pops out about it is the rainbow and pastel colors. The pony is only noticeable if you pay close attention.
  • P0ck3tC1am - June 23, 2013 12:31 a.m.

Actually that pic, is from a T-shirt site. It's actually was around for a couple months before the MLP....became a thing. http://www.threadless.com/product/2604/Technicolour_Rex/tab,guys/style,shirt
  • Redeater - June 22, 2013 10:47 p.m.

I haven't seen "bronies" but that console is pretty fucking sweet. No two ways about it.
  • masterjoe123 - June 22, 2013 3:26 p.m.

Some people are just crazy.
  • BladedFalcon - June 22, 2013 12:16 p.m.

Heh, humanity. Also, kinda amusing how even the haters and fanboys are ignoring the Wii U nowadays...Only 2 slides out of 24 were about Nintendo XD
  • J-Fid - June 22, 2013 2:13 p.m.

Probably because most Nintendo fans also have an Xbox or Playstation.
  • BladedFalcon - June 22, 2013 3:24 p.m.

I suppose... But then, has this been last gen, you would have seen a TON of hate darts thrown at the Wii, way more than just two XD
  • ObliqueZombie - June 22, 2013 10:57 p.m.

No one really HATES the Wii or WiiU, because it just kinda sits in the corner contributing every now and then.
  • PatHan-bHai - June 23, 2013 4:29 a.m.

^ You got that right. I hated the Wii but when my bro borrowed it from his friend for my cousins for about a month, we had a pretty sweet time. I actually had a lot of fun. Especially when me and my big bro (the last console game he played was GTA:VCS about 4 years back) played Tennis on it :')
  • Tjwoods18 - June 22, 2013 11:57 a.m.

If it is given to me for free, yea, I'll play the Wii U. But beyond that I can't justify spending the money for it.
  • J-Fid - June 22, 2013 2:12 p.m.

Not even if it was for one whole dollar?
  • Tjwoods18 - June 22, 2013 3:47 p.m.

Anything below $50, probably....maybe.
  • slimjim441 - June 22, 2013 11:27 p.m.

You'll feel different when Zelda comes out. I know I will.
  • BladedFalcon - June 23, 2013 12:22 a.m.

You may be alone :P
  • slimjim441 - June 24, 2013 9:25 a.m.

Then I will be alone, unashamed, and a very happy Zelda fan.
  • Hobogonigal - June 23, 2013 1:34 a.m.

Depends which Zelda really, I wouldn't get a Wii U because of the Wind Waker remake. A new installment in the series... maybe ;)
  • PatHan-bHai - June 23, 2013 4:30 a.m.

I wouldn't get it because of Zelda..........I'd get it because of Smash Bros!
  • shawksta - June 22, 2013 11:32 a.m.

Console wars will always be alive, even if there was literally only one console standing. Ah those comments are just a good time.
  • ljrivarola - June 22, 2013 10:59 a.m.

Oh dear, I love GR. Some of these are pure gold. It seems like the Week Of Hate never ended!