• 123deckbox - February 1, 2011 5:57 p.m.

Alot of it would be based on what it is about. Master Chief storyline? This could work out very well as Master Chief's storyline would be a thrill for movie goers who love violence and bad@$$'s beating up aliens however his lack of character would take away from his main character in the story. ODST storyline? People would be dissapointed since it's not Master Cheif but it could have more of a human feel to it since ODST's have a tendancy to talk more and interact rather than plow through enemies. Noble 6 storyline? Could work out but we already know most of the storyline from Halo Reach and since it's more based on you being Noble 6 it would take away from the movie. So long run Master Chief storyline with ODST's as minor characters could work well as it would be a great movie to watch for violence and halo dedicated fans.
  • Spybreak8 - November 29, 2010 9:37 p.m.

That's interesting. Let there be a miniseries on TV and give it to AMC. Heck I was surprised with The Walking Dead on AMC so I think that's a perfect network haha. Just don't let Spike or Sy Fy get a Halo tv show, yuck.
  • xlonenobodyx - November 26, 2010 2:50 p.m.

My hopes that this movie will make the big screen are limited. But as much as I wanna say it wont be something worth waiting for I would be wrong to do so. As quoted already "I'll believe it when I see it". To those words I'll stick till I see with my own eyes if this movie makes it to theatre screens. If and when it does I'll be expecting some good quality acting and some kick ass effects! Get to it boys! :D MASTER CHIEF TO THE BIG SCREEN!~
  • may.be.vital - November 24, 2010 11:25 p.m.

If you sink enough money into it and get the massive epic battles right it could be great =) Like if Peter Jackson did it or something. Hmmmm....
  • super0sonic - November 24, 2010 7:21 a.m.

I wont lie i would rather a mini-series and then a movie or no movie at all.
  • Ch0doBoy - November 24, 2010 2:08 a.m.

Alot of room for a TV series. As for a movie...no. Every time someone makes a game into a movie, they destroy it. RE, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia, Final Fantasy...all decent movies, that shouldn't share the same title as the games they are meant to depict. The movie will fail.
  • Mattattack - November 23, 2010 10:31 p.m.

I would probably go to see the Halo Film the day it comes out! And would watch the TV series. Every game has been a fantastic hit (except for ODST, in my opinion) and a movie/tv series based on it would be excellent! :)
  • DF344 - November 23, 2010 9:54 p.m.

HELLS YEAH!!!! I hate microsoft but Halo is tha shiznizzlle kabizzle
  • yoreAtowel - November 23, 2010 9:42 p.m.

No movie, if it were to be a movie it would have to be a 2 or 3 part movie. The first film would be setting everything up with a few battles, but a majority would be explaining the world, spartans, a.i, covenant and the forerunners. Think of it as a lord of the rings type epic.
  • Letter11 - November 23, 2010 9:14 p.m.

Gotta say, i'm inherently skeptical about a movie based on game being any good. But I thought those commercials for Reach were really great, and it made me think. I would probably see it if it was made.
  • Defguru7777 - November 23, 2010 8:54 p.m.

I think a Halo movie could be good, but they need a competent crew. And I personally think a Halo TV series could be awesome, whether they used the plot of the books for episodes or did their own thing. I doubt a TV show would happen, but I'm positive a movie will happen eventually. Taking bets on whether the Halo or Gears of War movie will come out! Any takers?
  • StealthyMangos - November 23, 2010 8:48 p.m.

Nononono. I was talking at a TV conference about Transmedia, so almost everything I say in that article that seems to be specifically about Halo, is about franchises in general and is pretty misleading to behonest. No Halo movie or TV series is in the works right now, and the thing about the big TV exec coming up and offering piles of money simply didn't happen. -Frankie kotaku's article is misleading, no halo movie guys.
  • CancerMan - November 23, 2010 8:05 p.m.

Shhh, Uwe Boll is listening!
  • Robx - November 23, 2010 7:58 p.m.

Yeah, it's kind of strange; while some of their live trailers were damn awesome, others would leave us with a big "wtf...?", and we all (at least most) know what happens when video games go to the big screen... ...yet I honestly would like a Halo movie, just like an Uncharted one.
  • Fuzunga - November 23, 2010 7:38 p.m.

"Maybe we'll even fund it ourselves." This. If these guys are in charge, they call the shots. And that can only mean that the Halo movie wouldn't suck.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - November 23, 2010 7:11 p.m.

@nightmare17 You could? ;)
  • lcbrightway - November 23, 2010 7:04 p.m.

How about this! Halo TV series, the finale is a HALO MOVIE! OOO you just got pwned
  • atomicsandman - November 23, 2010 7:04 p.m.

I could think of far more game IPs much more suited and deserving to be made into a movie (Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Halflife etc.)
  • JMAN1156 - November 23, 2010 6:59 p.m.

Not another crappy movie based off a video game (i'm looking at you tomb raider!)
  • nightmare17 - November 23, 2010 6:59 p.m.

Meh... I could care less about Halo these days.