• FunkyPickle - May 29, 2012 3:13 p.m.

343i has already confirmed that there will be no public Halo 4 beta, so no.
  • Divine Paladin - May 29, 2012 3:48 p.m.

343's gone back on its word at least once before. Remember when it put out the Title Update that nerfed most of the AAs and caused a huge split between Reach's players? Remember when, just a few months after trying to make Reach go back to Halo 3, they revealed that 4 had AAs? Now I agree, there probably won't be a beta, because 343 doesn't want fan rage prior to its first true game release that could lower sales, but I could see them going back on their word.
  • ZeroMachine - May 29, 2012 3:13 p.m.

They've already stated very definitively that there will be NO Halo 4 multiplayer beta. They don't want to spend a lot of time creating a beta when they could be working on the game itself. Could it bite them in the ass? Totally. But if it means they'll be working more on the single player, then I'm totally ok with it.
  • cgkyou - May 29, 2012 3 p.m.

You guys have way too much faith in MS's love for Epic.
  • chad-munn - May 29, 2012 2:56 p.m.

I'm going to guess that Halo 4 WILL be the big game- as it was voted Most Wanted in 2012 by Gamers by IGN at the beginning of the year. I HOPE it's a long bit of info as it's such a big deal. I don't think it'll be Kinect related news as the box is already out and there's no sign of it on there. If they do stuff with Kinect like in Halo Anniversary- that's cool. Those features were pretty cool and not intrusive. I agree about Fable 4. Pretty much completely. I think Forza Horizon will have a bigger impact than last year so i think it'll be in the press briefing. I think we may see something on Alan Wake 2. Remedy hasn't been working all this time just for American Nightmare. I agree on the Mass Effect 3 DLC. I don't think we'll see a new Dashboard. Not this soon. I think we'll see more of the Avatar themed games for XBLA. They seem to sell pretty well and we saw a screen recently of a grittier textured Avatar so... that's my guess. We'll see exclusive footage and DLC stuff about Black Ops 2. Yawn. We'll likely, painfully, see kids or stiff celebrities on stage for some stupid reason. Lastly, I expect we'll see at least 3 exclusives or exclusive like items we didn't know were coming. In typical "play it close to our chest" fashion.
  • garnsr - May 29, 2012 2:33 p.m.

If this is all we can hope for, Microsoft really does need to kick off the next generation quickly. Everyone better hope they start thinking up fun things to do with it, though, Microsoft has been pretty lackluster for years now. I'm not sure what more we can hope for from Sony, though, and I'm sure everyone will jizz all over Nintendo, but they haven't delivered anything that I think warrants all the praise they've gotten after every E3 these last few years.
  • robvee - May 29, 2012 2:30 p.m.

Let me guess Kinect, Kinect, and umm Halo and some COD stuff. Owning an Xbox 360 has been very frustrating recently and they have very little good first party developers. I hope at least Sony gives me even more joy of playing PS3 with more exclusives. As for Microsoft i don't expect any good games announced.
  • chad-munn - May 29, 2012 3:02 p.m.

Why the $#%^ do you think exclusives matter so much. Sony has a ton of exclusives and they're in last place this generation and their TON of exclusives don't sell or rate all that well. I'm not saying they don't have great games like God of War or Uncharted, I'm saying they don't have these KILLER EXCLUSIVES you're pretending they do. The idea that exclusives make consoles is outdated and pretentious. It's an old troll trick that isn't showing ANYWHERE other than on forums, run by trolls that talk about things that don't mean squat when it comes to sales numbers, loyalty or games.
  • TheKey - May 29, 2012 3:17 p.m.

If it weren't for exclusives, there would be almost no reason to buy one console over another. If they all got the same games, why would you bother?
  • MasterBP - May 29, 2012 4:07 p.m.

Couple things 1) Your use of the word troll is so wrong it's physically painful, just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they are trolling. 2) Exclusives DO matter. They give identity to the console and give consumers reason to buy one over the other. Part of the reason the 360 did so good is because it had really good EXCLUSIVES like halo 3 and gears of war, giving it the identity of a shooter based console. The problem is that since that good start MS has failed to really do anything else apart from halo/gears/fable, and for people that want to play video games, as opposed to having A second PC that's not as good, it's very disheartening. 3)It's okay if you work for MS, but seriously, you might want to make it a bit less obvious.
  • MasterBP - May 29, 2012 4:09 p.m.

This was in reply to chad-munn, not robvee.
  • bebl09 - May 29, 2012 4:29 p.m.

Pretty sure you're the troll around here. If the PS3 doesn't have any killer exclusives, wtf does Microsoft have? And I'm not talking about how much each game sells, I don't see why anyone who's not an investor would care about sales, you should care about how good the game is. As long as a game I like sells enough to be given a sequel, I'm happy. And no, the idea that exclusives make consoles is neither outdated nor pretentious. If I'd bought an Xbox instead of a PS3 I'd have missed out on so many great PS3 exclusives, I'm not even going to bother listing them here. Yes, I miss out on like 4 or 5 franchises that are solely on Xbox, but that's a hell of a lot less than is on PS3. To me as a gamer, the choice of which console is pretty simple really. Unless you obsessively buy every CoD or Fallout expansion as soon as its released and can't live without talking to your friends that are playing other games (never understood why you'd want to do that) then I don't really see the big attraction of Xbox over PS3. Before you call me a troll (which would be oh so ironic), I'd love to get an Xbox to play through the Halo and Gears games, and maybe give Fable a try, but I'm a poor student at the moment and I can't afford a new console. Especially when that new console wouldn't offer that much more in terms of games I couldn't get on my PS3.
  • Gex4212 - May 29, 2012 5:45 p.m.

Exclusives do matter because it is a decision point on whether to get a console or not. They do have great exclusive. Yes Sony is in last place because it was released a year late and had a rocky start because of Cell processor they tried to use which made it a learning process for devs which is why they flocked to 360 and developed games with 360 as lead and ported it "Terribly" to PS3. Then devs realized the potential in the PS3 cell processor and started using that as lead. Now in the present PS3 is releasing great exclusive titles while 360 is barely release some worthwhile titles. You're right that the PS3 is in last place but that is only in the U.S. Global sales(which include U.S.) would tell a different story. I love my 360 PS3 Wii Vita and 3DS all differently but you're entitled to your opinion but when u try to pass it off as facts then when u just look stupid
  • robvee - May 29, 2012 10:41 p.m.

Yeah i'm not here to troll i mean i own both consoles so i would want both Sony and Microsoft to succeed. I personally think Sony has more variety in their exclusives and of course not all of them are great i happen to like Gears of War over Uncharted any day. The thing is exclusives matter otherwise i wouldn't buy different consoles i just don't like the direction Microsoft is going with more Kinect and family focused and less great exclusives.
  • Redeater - May 29, 2012 2:20 p.m.

How about they announce something to keep me a 360 fanboy? I recently bought a PS3 and also all of the exclusives for about $150. I am really enjoying them and I can't wait till Last Of Us is released. What is Microsoft doing to keep me interested? Halo or Kinect? I burned out on Halo after the third one and have no desire to buy the gimmicky Kinect.
  • chad-munn - May 29, 2012 2:58 p.m.

I doubt you're an Xbox fanboy. You seem more like a PSTroll. Not that being a fanboy is good for any system or any gamer. If you just bought a PS3, welcome to the "I'm a gamer... can we talk about games and not stupid loyalty nonsense for the plastic thing that plays them" club. But you don't sound like that so... I'm going with the troll thing.
  • bebl09 - May 29, 2012 4:22 p.m.

Dude, his complaints are perfectly valid. For a hardcore gamer, what games does the 360 have that can't be had anywhere else? Halo, Gears of War, Forza and Fable, and that's pretty much it, unless you're an insane CoD fanboy who must get the new map packs as soon as they're released. Wanting to play a good variety of games doesn't make someone a fanboy. And the majority of people think Kinect is stupid. I certainly do. I don't want to jump around my living room and wave my arms in the air to play a game, although I can see why younger kids would like that cause I imagine I would've loved it when I was like 5. But I'm not 5, I'm 21, and I want to play games with a controller.