• Bloodstorm - June 11, 2013 3:29 p.m.

I thought Microsoft had a good showing. I thought Sony had a good showing. I'm not on the side of most of the internet (who overreact like mad, and generally make gamers look like bad people). I don't care about their used game policy. Used games are unnecessary, irrelevant, and downright destructive to the gaming ecosystem and needing to connect o the internet once every 24 hours, well, most of you are on the internet so I'm pretty sure you have the internet, so what's the problem? Internet too slow? Have it update at night while you are asleep. The Kinect nonsense is just that. People are paranoid Sony not having those thing, that's fine, don't care because my PS4 will be connected to the internet all the time anyways and I won't be buying used games or lending them so neither of those digs at Microsoft matter to me. I just don't care. I live in 2013, not 1998 when everyone was afraid to give out their real name, their age, or even the country they lived in. I'm excited about both these consoles. I feel Microsoft and Sony both showed their hands well. People who disagree are either 1) fanboys, 2) paranoid, or 3) trolls.
  • Cwf2008 - June 11, 2013 3:49 p.m.

While I personally don't have a problem with the used games policy or the internet connectivity, Microsoft basically shot themselves in the foot when it comes to rural sales or sales in regions that don't have great internet. Believe it or not, there are gamers in those areas that like to play single player games and now won't be able to. Also, the US's internet infrastructure sucks compared to most developed nations, so it's odd that MS would insist so much on this
  • The Ledge93 - June 11, 2013 4:04 p.m.

Glad to see the rurals are still being thought of. it gets lonely living 25 minutes from walmart.
  • Bloodstorm - June 11, 2013 4:14 p.m.

My best friend lives 45 minutes from Walmart in the middle of the Ocala woods here in Florida and he plays games online all the time. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people hard pressed for internet and avid enough gamers to make a big impact on the market.
  • Ninja-KiLLR - June 11, 2013 6:01 p.m.

I spent many years internetless there are plently of gamers that dont have connections. hearing the once a day connection was a deal breaker not only because i lived rural but also because of my military service.
  • BottleBank - June 12, 2013 4:39 p.m.

perhaps just accept that other people have different opinions to yourself?
  • ParagonT - June 11, 2013 7:14 p.m.

I live here in the great state of Kentucky and will tell you that most counties here do not have above 3Mbs. Also Many troops have limited, nearly dial-up, or no internet access at all. Remember that your Internet service is not invincible and your ISP will eventually run into a problem where you lose connection, thus bricking your system. Your buying a system for keeps and way into the future, years into that future. So think again if you won't be effected by it at some point. My problem with it is quite simply the fact that they are periodically monitoring me to make sure that I'm "legit". Look, I'm not a criminal here, so I don't feel like I need to be treated as one. God forbid the day that my microwave has to check up on me like my girlfriend. Haha.
  • cinematim - June 11, 2013 3:59 p.m.

Well, that's great for you but MS should have realized that most people aren't like you. Adam Orth, Sim City, Diablo III all should have given MS hindsight of what was to come if they forced that hand. They did it anyways and to me that was a dumb move.
  • Bloodstorm - June 11, 2013 4:06 p.m.

Except, most people in any major city/urban area do have several internet connected devices. Again, this ain't 1998, most of the world is connected to the internet in some form or another. Slow or fast. Plus, it is naive to compare Sim City and Diablo III incidents with this. This is NOT always on internet connection. The box has to check in 1 time every 24 hours, that's not the same thing as Sim City and Diablo III requiring you to be connected to their servers at all times. Connect the Xbox at night to update and authenticate, and then unplug it in the morning.
  • ParagonT - June 11, 2013 4:08 p.m.

I personally don't like being treated as a criminal when I've done nothing wrong. But I'll get back to this as well unless someone else does.
  • Bloodstorm - June 11, 2013 6:40 p.m.

It's not a love/hate thing for me. It is indifference. I see these 'negative' features for what they are, and I am indifferent. Why? Because they do not effect me. I don't buy a game unless I buy it new out of principle and respect for my fellow developer. I've got a fairly decent internet provider, and I'm basically always connected to the internet anyways. I'm largely a PC gamer, and so these kinds of things are pretty standard to me. Microsoft isn't doing something new. In the end, this will blow over. November will come, Xbox One and PS4 will fly off the shelf, and only the stubborn few will remain with lines drawn. that's my stance on it. I've decided to look forward to the next generation. It means more good than bad. Microsoft showed of many features for the Xbox One that I am more impressed by than anything I find intrusive to my 'freedom' (blowing that a bit out of proportion). As for Publishers, as evil as they may seem, most Developers would never get the overhead to produce AAA titles like they do now, and would be far from what they've achieved in such little time. They are greedy, and think about the money, but they also keep hundreds of thousands of people employed by giving the studios their overhead capital.
  • Bloodstorm - June 12, 2013 6:35 a.m.

You have no rights to software! Been like that for ages! You have the Government to thank for that if you don't like it!
  • Bloodstorm - June 13, 2013 5 a.m.

But that still doesn't make companies like Microsoft have to allow it to work. Look at PC gaming, you can't resell/trade games, and nothing can be done about it. Valve has been doing this for a decade now, it's a bit late to try and stop it now.
  • Bloodstorm - June 13, 2013 7:59 a.m.

An Ebay auction doesn't mean any of those games will work when you try to instal them (especially L4D2, it requires steam and is immediately tied to that account).
  • GamerRant1 - June 11, 2013 7:28 p.m.

No, my question was geared towards used games to someone else. GameRader site screwed up.
  • colt-diesel - June 11, 2013 8:07 p.m.

So a chore you have to pay for. I thought it was easy? How about googling drm failures and successes see what ya get for yourself. I already have enough to do without adding my hobby to a chore list. All I have to do is buy a ps4 (done) and enjoy. But you make sure you are checking that busy work off your to do list.
  • Bloodstorm - June 12, 2013 6:23 a.m.

That's good for you. Holy crap. Heaven forbid I want both of them. I'm a PC gamer when all is said and done. I know DRM, this is mild compared to the crap we've put up with. You console gamers are spoiled by technical limitations of the past 20 years that consoles are now advanced enough to start tackling.
  • mafyooz - June 12, 2013 1:13 a.m.

"The box has to check in 1 time every 24 hours". So what happens if you decide to go on holiday, or have to go to hospital, or any of the other myriad of reasons you may not be in a position to do so? This isn't me being a dick by the way, people can spend their money on what they want as far as I'm concerned and I see no reason to get in a slagging match over it, but I genuinely don't see what allowances Microsoft have made for that kind of scenario other than leaving it on and connected permanently?