• HalfBlackCanadian - June 11, 2013 2:17 p.m.

Yeah, screw you Microsoft! Who cares about developers anyway?! Why the hell should THEY have jobs in a career they love? I say allow easy piracy and the ability to have a third of your market purchase AAA releases one week later at 5% off with ZERO dollars going to the people who actually created the games. Who do you think you are? The audacity disgusts me...
  • D0CCON - June 11, 2013 2:32 p.m.

Yeah, because this is similar to how Steam works (but worse) and as we all know, having Steam in existence has removed PC piracy forever. Indie games are more likely to make profits, yet they tend to avoid stuff like DRM. These triple A games make tens of millions of dollars. If they fail after raking in that much money, it's their own faults with their shitty budgeting strategies, not ours.
  • chad-munn - June 19, 2013 4:19 p.m.

I think I love you. hahahhahahaha
  • GAYMER - June 11, 2013 1:52 p.m.

The Xbox One is just ahead of it's time. Maybe in 10-20 years there will be a demand for an always online, digital download only console. But for now, it just isn't very practical. Microsoft really jumped the gun on this.
  • Redeater - June 11, 2013 1:58 p.m.

No, the Dreamcast was ahead of its time, the Xbone is just a means to thwart piracy. MS is giving us another bullshit excuse having to do with "servers". You know who else did that? Maxis with SimCity. But that turned out alright didn't it?
  • sxh967 - June 11, 2013 4:16 p.m.

Don't forget Blizzard with Diablo 3 lol
  • ObliqueZombie - June 11, 2013 2:36 p.m.

"Ahead of its time" doesn't mean it's a good thing.
  • ev1lm0nkey87 - June 11, 2013 1:41 p.m.

I completely agree with you. The XBone really screwed itself over. I'm not sure if I'll ever get one. I own the 360 with over a hundred games, but there is no way I can get behind Microsoft with all their new policies.
  • DragonLord23 - June 11, 2013 1:35 p.m.

I think Microsoft is still thinking about this. Once we get closer to launch we will see a new pricing model and more clear online stuff. I still don't think Sony gets that the PS4 needs to be connected to play all those online games.
  • bryan-duane - June 11, 2013 3:47 p.m.

What???? The PS4 needs to be connected to play an online game? Talk about a killer, why would you have to be online to play an online game? That just does not make sense lmao, Duh of course you have to be connected to play a online game, your comment does not make sense dude, at least with the PS4 I wont have to connect at least an hour a day to be able to play a one player game that does not need interent to play.
  • Evanesco - June 12, 2013 11:55 a.m.

The hell are you talking about?
  • Redeater - June 11, 2013 1:11 p.m.

Does anyone find it fucking ironic that Adam Orth "left of his own will" when making comments about cell phones yet Microsoft made PRETTY MUCH THE EXACT SAME ANALOGY ABOUT CELL PHONES recently?
  • Sy87 - June 11, 2013 1:09 p.m.

I going to wait a good while before I even consider buying the new Xbox. The games did look good but the system just might bug me in the long run.
  • ParagonT - June 11, 2013 12:47 p.m.

Nice article, I agree wholeheartedly. It actually was kind of insulting that they acted that it was "no big deal" to me as well. Microsoft made quite the bet when they went in there with their chest's out, full of moxie, and heads held high. Now they're paying for it while trying to get it out of their ass. The Sony system has what I believe the least amount of features, but they have the most important ones, which is why I will buy their system. (or lack thereof if you think of it differently.)
  • FoxdenRacing - June 11, 2013 4:08 p.m.

The parallels of how MS is acting now to how Sony acted in the run-up to PS3 are downright frightening in their similarity. Sony took the same "We /are/ gaming, shut up and take it like good little peasants" attitude, and it bit them...hard. PS3 sold less than half the number of units of PS2, and [note: the section in quotes is the common attitude concerning Wii, not my thoughts on it. I rather like the little thing] was outsold almost 4:3 by "An underpowered gimmick box for dirty casuals". The world will never know whether Sony was intending to go this route the whole time or did a very quick about-face in the wake of the XBone Reveal backlash. But either way...the battle lines are drawn. Cheeks have been slapped, gauntlets have been thrown down, and groin-seeking missiles have hit their marks.
  • BladedFalcon - June 11, 2013 9:54 p.m.

I blame Phil Harrison for that similarity :P