• StoneDreadnaught - December 10, 2011 3:34 p.m.

I think people are jealous that they didn't come up with such an awesome name like 'Revengeance'. Sounds like the subtitle to a Punisher comic. And I hope it doesn't become a mindless button-master. I'd actually be alright with this becoming a Move game, if it controls like Red Steel 2. We'll just have to wait and see how this thing turns out.
  • lODO - December 10, 2011 3:18 p.m.

METAL GEAR SOLID = Stealth game METAL GEAR RISING = Action game
  • polarp - December 10, 2011 3:11 p.m.

Just drop the word revengeance, it sounds retarded. Metal Gear Rising is good enough on its own I have faith in Platinum. This game is gonna be crazy and fun.
  • gopikmin - December 10, 2011 3:52 p.m.

i agree. revengeance isn't even a word
  • MsSmith - December 10, 2011 3:05 p.m.

As much as I respect Platinum and love their games, this doesn't feel right. Maybe it's because when I think of MGS, I think of a specific world and type of stealth action. This trailer seems completely stripped of that. If it wasn't a MGS game, I might think differently of the trailer, but this drastic shift from other games in the series is unsettling. (Also, that background music belongs in a cheesy sonic dreamcast game, NOT a MGS game that normally has a more elegant style of music).
  • Dakken - December 10, 2011 3:16 p.m.

I agree. It seems like a hack and slash button masher now. Which is disappointing. I loved the MGS series for everything it was. Now to see it get trashed and rebooted into an everyday hack and slash? Kind of sucks.
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 3:41 p.m.

Erm... You guys realize that since it's inception, this game was meant to be a different style of gameplay, right? It's a spin-off, it's what spin offs do. Getting mad that this takes a different a approach is like getting mad at Final fantasy tactics for not being an RPG, which is stupid. Also,y our opinion is your own, but please don't pile all hack'n slash together. Specially if it's one made by platinum. And anyone can tell you that both mad world and bayonetta are ANYTHING but every day stuff.
  • MsSmith - December 10, 2011 5:33 p.m.

I'm not saying the game won't be good (I know I'll buy it regardless), or that Platinum will screw it up, it just feels awkward seeing something like that with the Metal Gear title (the same reaction I got toward the Metal Gear Acid games).
  • Dakken - December 10, 2011 6:56 p.m.

Who's getting mad, Mr. Fanboy. Defense mode is activated on your part huh? But to put this plain and simple. All hack and slash are the same. The End.
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 7:35 p.m.

*shrugs* I honestly couldn't care less if you think they are all the same. And at least I don't have the arrogance to state that my opinion is fact, like you are doing right now.
  • Zixor - December 10, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Game trailers are meant to be as action-packed as possible, so don't worry that this one depicts every facet of the game; they usually don't.
  • CrashmanX - December 10, 2011 2:58 p.m.

Hey man, I'll play it. Also, I kinda like Revengence. Dunno why everyone else hates it, seems like the two words just kinda fit together. As far as being an MGS game goes, look at all the other MGS games, and tell me this doesn't fit in to that universe. Sure, it's not a stealth based shooter. But it does feature the same sort of over the top crazy stuff that all the Metal Gear games have had. I'll rent it at a minimum, probably end up buying it though.
  • NathanXplosion - December 10, 2011 2:58 p.m.

I love how people are freaking out over the name. I don't care what its called Platinum is making it so I'm buying it.
  • soggysage - December 10, 2011 2:55 p.m.

What a hilarious sounding name for a hilarious looking game. Will still be picking it up when it comes out though.
  • RedHarlow - December 10, 2011 2:54 p.m.

Oh god, it looks so ridiculous. I can't tell if they're making it in a campy sort of fashion, or if they're trying to be serious and failing miserably.
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 3:58 p.m.

If you knew or played any platinum games, you'd know it's meant to be this way. You're not supposed to take it seriously, just bask in the over the top goodness and admit how awesome it looks.
  • MsSmith - December 10, 2011 5:57 p.m.

The problem with that, regardless of being a spin-off or not, is that Raiden is a main character in the main series and becomes a more drastically layered character in MGS4. This game is supposed to add to his story and development and needs some seriousness in that sense.
  • BladedFalcon - December 10, 2011 7:40 p.m.

I suppose that's true. Rayden IS a central character in the MGS series, and to be fair, Platinum is great when it comes to action and gameplay, but NOT at story or character development. But still, perhaps the involvement Kojima and team with help with that? The tone's certainly different and will be harder to take as seriously. But if they handle it well, they could turn up a pretty cool story even with the sillyness, similar to what shadows of the damned did. And if not, eh, I'll at least take the fun action game it will come with it. The way I see it, is that this game is a branch of the series. if it succeeds in a different way, that adds more variety to the MGS franchise, if it fails, at least it won't really stain the main games.
  • firelegendmush - December 10, 2011 2:49 p.m.

It still looks awesome but... that name is just... are they joking? Please tell me they're joking. PLEASE. Excuse me, I'm going to throw up now.
  • admiralalpay - December 10, 2011 2:45 p.m.

This isn't even an MGS game. I understand that all MGS games have some degree of ridiculousness to them, but, really, this just looks like a game adaptation of an anime or something. WAY too over the top. As the previous poster said, there is absolutely no resemblance to the MGS universe we all know and love besides Raiden and Metal Gear. The soundtrack is a debauchery and this trailer just looks so different from the awesome trailer Konami released late last year. It just looks way too ridiculous and I'm really uneasy about the game now. I was really looking forward to it, too. Welp, Konami, looks like you guys blew it.