• zemc77 - April 29, 2013 10:17 a.m.

Nyeh, I'll probably just buy MGS1 for download, it's already in the PS Store and it's the only game I don't have - got the HD collection and MGS4 already. The graphic novels and VR missions aren't that much of a loss, right?
  • mucusmembrane - April 23, 2013 7:56 p.m.

Wonder if it will have 'Metal Gear Squalid: The Lost Years'? The one where Snake takes a year out in Bangkok and lives in a tiny hut taking smack and messing around with young prostitutes?
  • timothy-harris - April 22, 2013 10:53 p.m.

Awww... People are upset that this may not hit 360.. It'll happen as soon as Halo hits the PS3. Which will Never, ever happen.
  • FrontLineSpartan119 - April 22, 2013 9:54 p.m.

I don't see why they wouldn't release this for the 360 later on. They released the first Metal Gear Solid collection on the 360 and fans loved it. Plus, I'm sure Kojima doesn't hate money and although it would suck for exclusivity stuff, it wouldn't hurt for others to experience the awesome gaming series. Before I am chastised, yes, I love my 360, and I'm also aware that Mass Effect started off as a 360/PC exclusive, but jumped to other platforms so others could enjoy it. Might as well spread the love around.
  • walale12 - May 12, 2013 12:27 a.m.

It's because Xbox uses the DVD-ROM format, which holds less data than PS3's Blu-Ray Format (DVD can hold up to 17.08GB, Blu-Ray can hold up to 128GB), so the Xbox version would have to have a metric fucktonne of disks, which would be quite costly.
  • winner2 - April 22, 2013 7:58 p.m.

That is a metric fuck-ton of mullet.
  • DragonLord23 - April 22, 2013 6:21 p.m.

Not on Xbox? Boo!
  • archnite - April 22, 2013 6:06 p.m.

Does this mean MGS4 is no long exclusive and will be going to Xbox? My PS fanboy heart weeps.
  • archnite - April 22, 2013 6:07 p.m.

Also does this confirm speculation that Portable Ops is no longer canon?
  • iluvpkmnmonday - April 23, 2013 12:16 a.m.

I think it just means Portable Ops wasn't popular enough to put in the effort to port it.
  • archnite - April 26, 2013 7:25 p.m.

yeah that makes more sense.
  • bebl09 - April 22, 2013 7:29 p.m.

There's been no mention yet of an Xbox version.
  • ssj4raditz - April 22, 2013 4:33 p.m.

!
  • bebl09 - April 22, 2013 7:29 p.m.

I have that sound as my text alert on my phone, gives me a heart attack whenever I get a message lol but damn I love it.
  • sleepyMexican45 - April 22, 2013 3:17 p.m.

I just want a HD Twin Snakes.
  • Drekner - April 22, 2013 4:36 p.m.

That is the exact reason I clicked on this link to see if it would be included. /sigh
  • slimjim441 - April 22, 2013 11:47 p.m.

I want HD Twin Snakes, but without the stupid Matrix shit. It kinda ruined it.
  • JarkayColt - April 22, 2013 12:53 p.m.

Now that is a LOT of quality games in one collection. Admittedly I haven't played much of MGS myself so this could just be the ticket. I remember playing the first hour or so of MGS on PS1 and also quite enjoying the demo of MGS4, but since I knew I'd probably have to track down every title to fully appreciate everything...I didn't bother getting into it much. This would make it a lot easier!
  • Fox_Mulder - April 22, 2013 11:19 p.m.

They're all great games, I sincerely hope you pick them up :). My favorites are the original MGS and MGS 3. The original MGS still holds up great, just finished it the other week on my Vita. Here I am going through MGS when I still have over 70% of Peace Walker to finish! Such is the life of a distractible gamer.
  • metalgatesolid - April 19, 2013 1:09 p.m.

Please be a Playstation exclusive... MGS4 is a Playstation Exclusive isnt it?? And MGS 1 was a Playstation exclusive and as stated Twin Snakes is a Nintendo exclusive... Poor old Xbox... (Im such a Sony fanboy)