• H2A2I00 - March 7, 2012 3:52 p.m.

I think it would be interesting if they made you play as someone doing things for an organization that is hated, but not in the way in ME2 where you were Cerberus and wanted to save humanity. Get a character looking to exploit control or gain power through deception. In a way it would be something like a Napoleon-esque character looking to feed his over-sized ego. I think that would make things very interesting as well as different.
  • TheLotusReborn - March 11, 2012 5:06 p.m.

That would be interesting. The only true antihero games are fairly flippant and gratuitous, like GTA. So we get a self-serving Napoleon-esque character, but not some ruthless bonehead.
  • yonderTheGreat - March 7, 2012 3:45 p.m.

That being said, the MMO idea is idiotic. Gee, BioWare doing a major MMO in space. HRMM!!! Plus, no, it's a horrible idea, unless they do it with actual WARS where planets and areas change hands based on the actions of the players and there's permadeath and all that other jazz. In other words, MassEffectCraft is one of the worst ideas since peanut butter and mayonaisse
  • yonderTheGreat - March 7, 2012 3:43 p.m.

#2 is one of the main reasons I enjoyed the storyline of Dragon Age 2. It wasn't a "you're the hero saving the world" type of plot. It was a "you're a major player in a series of events you can't really control" plot. I *LOVE* having that. It's one of the reasons SWG was such a great MMO (/cry) before it was murdered by Sony. We need MORE games like this. Disclaimer: Not saying I loved everything about DA2, just loved the change of focus... I thought THAT part of the game was awesome.
  • lazer59882 - March 7, 2012 5:47 p.m.

its funny though, that wound up being a lot of people's complaints with DA2, that nothing really happened for the whole game. just a bunch of running around and narrative busywork.
  • IcarusLeonardo - March 7, 2012 2:27 p.m.

Am I the only one who's interested in ME's 'criminal' side? I would love to explore that 'darker' side on ME4. Maybe the protagonist/s could be working for some Crime Syndicate in Omega or even Illium. Also the idea of going backwards and exploring T.I.M.'s origins (like the novels).
  • yonderTheGreat - March 7, 2012 3:43 p.m.

Not even remotely
  • Spartan-N7 - March 7, 2012 2:01 p.m.

How about Mass Effect 4: Giant Retcon! Seriously, the ending was terrible. Bioware is going to have to retcon the hell out of the ME universe in order for it to go forward. But I would totally dig playing as a Krogan in an FPS!
  • BladedFalcon - March 7, 2012 1:48 p.m.

"...Or it should me an MMO" NO
  • inkyspot - March 7, 2012 1:18 p.m.

I lobe the Krogan idea. I am also not a RTS fan, I kind of like the game as it is. Exploring the past before the big events are interesting, but even if it was within close to the same time, the universe is a big place so something somewhere with another species could be happening and have no effect on the current story line. Aside from that. I have the game, I am staring at it and I am not playing it, it's like I am savoring the moment trying to make it last, but I doubt I can hold out any longer.
  • inkyspot - March 7, 2012 1:19 p.m.

I meant like, not (lobe... typo)
  • soggysage - March 7, 2012 12:41 p.m.

I think they should do a Dr Mario rip off with Mordin. Oh and a Kart racer.