• southsydney - March 8, 2012 9:05 p.m.

The opportunity to, instead of saving the galaxy like some douchey messiah, systematically take over. Shepard the Warlord! Thats the kind of story I'd want to see implemented. There's just something really irritating about playing as a space Savior, especially Earth's Savior. Please, let the next game let the player be the conqueror. That sounds most fun.
  • jasoncarter - March 8, 2012 8:35 p.m.

Well after the absolute disgrace of endings "choices", they just tossed the series into the trash heap where it belongs. What absolutely terrible endings.
  • usrevenge - March 8, 2012 7:38 p.m.

meh. they should take mass effect, make you not be shepard, but someone else. but above all, instead of the linear and short story give us an open world game more like skyrim. mass effect is a terrible game with a great story in fact ask anyone, take the story away and no one would buy it. mass effect has so many locations and none of the games gave the setting justice, i mean the citidel was supposed to be a super city, it had 3 shops or so and 2 small areas that were basically glorified hallways. in fact, the entire game was moving from hallway to hallway.. give us something open world please.
  • Relayer71 - March 8, 2012 5:33 p.m.

Wait, how about a Mass Effect Strategy RPG??? That would rock.
  • Relayer71 - March 8, 2012 5:32 p.m.

Jade Empire? Eww, worst Bioware game. How about we get Baldur's Gate III? Or Knights Of The Old Republic III? (though I'd prefer that from Obsidian!) Or how about enough sequels already and give us something new?
  • sirdilznik - March 9, 2012 7:40 a.m.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you opinion is just plain wrong. Jade Empire was awesome. The worst BioWare game ever title easily goes to Dragon Age 2. Easily.
  • TheLotusReborn - March 11, 2012 4:47 p.m.

While Dragon Age 2 was probably the worst, being "The Worst Bioware Game" isn't all that bad in my book. It fixed a few of the problems the first one had, but otherwise dumbed things down too much. Still fun, but not my favorite.
  • sirdilznik - March 8, 2012 4:45 p.m.

Next up for BioWare: New Jade Empire game or GTFO!
  • Ravenbom - March 8, 2012 11 a.m.

Oh HoCo, you lost me at MMO but got me back at Elcor and Krogan.
  • Kasmatsu - March 8, 2012 7:50 a.m.

I would like the next Mass Effect to open up the galaxy in an open ended fashion. The way Privateer opened up the Wing Commander universe back in the '90s. Instead of being tied down to a linear epic RPG, just let us chart our own path as a mercenary. I imagine it would be quite fun to go full renegade pirate on the galaxy and cme into conflict with Spectors sent to stop you.
  • Sinosaur - March 8, 2012 7:44 a.m.

When are we going to get the Blasto movie games?
  • thyho - March 8, 2012 5:26 a.m.

MMO never it will ruin the story of the game with senseless reason to be an multiplayer. FPS neither the stores are flooded with generic FPS's don't ruin with this horrible idea
  • TurtleAssasin33 - March 8, 2012 12:21 a.m.

As much as I love Mass Effect as a franchise, and as a universe, I have to say that I would respect them a whole lot more if they were to end the series here. I hate when a game starts out amazing and original, but turns into a cash cow for a game company. the story that they wanted to tell is over, so in my opinion, the games should end. Now, if the games they made were simply in the ME universe (like the RTS you mentioned) I guess that wouldn't be as bad, I just don't want ME to turn into a game that's made to earn money instead of respect.
  • cubine - March 7, 2012 11:57 p.m.

Here's an idea: An FPS where you play as Garrus during his Archangel period. That would be fucking awesome.
  • purple_omlet - March 7, 2012 10:23 p.m.

Mass Effect can't be anything but a 3rd person shooter. An FPS would take away from the story because your interactions are limited to what you can see, and RTS would end up exactly like Halo Wars or Brutal Legend (Both were incredible let downs), and it's already an RPG so I don't understand why you've included it. An MMO wouldn't work based on current technology. Wouldn't mind playing as a Krogan though. Elcors are stupid and I couldn't care less if I never had to speak to one again. I also like the idea of a prequel, but set in the last Reaper invasion. I think it would be interesting to see what races existed then and how you would play the game when you know that there is no possible way to beat the reapers.
  • Fuzunga - March 7, 2012 6:54 p.m.

I love how the tiny recommended article thumbnail for this says ASS FECT.
  • lazer59882 - March 7, 2012 5:53 p.m.

actually reading this whole thing, a lot of these ideas are really and truly pretty idiotic. an MMO?? main character as a krogan??? an elcor!?!? really, the ideas in the comments are better than some of these...
  • RedHarlow - March 7, 2012 5:36 p.m.

Set in further into the future, once the galaxy has a chance to calm down, and Shepard and the Reaper invasion are just old legends now.
  • brizzie - March 7, 2012 5:32 p.m.

I would personally like a prequel dealing with Saren.
  • Canvas_Of_Flesh - March 7, 2012 3:59 p.m.

I wouldn't mind too much if they just let the series end here.